Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

by aimee @ shugarysweets on August 13, 2013

No mistaking these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies for raisins. This cookie is loaded with mini chocolate morsels!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies: chewy chocolate chip cookies, no mistaking these for raisins!

Anyone else have a fear of biting into an Oatmeal Raisin cookie when you were hoping for chocolate chip?

I personally love Oatmeal Raisin cookies, but in my house, there is a huge fear of the raisin. If a cookie even has the resemblance of raisins, they are left in the cookie jar (for me to eat).

Today’s cookie though, there is no mistaking it. It is jam packed with mini chocolate chips!

Be sure to stop by Food Fanatic to PRINT THE RECIPE!!!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) August 13, 2013 at 9:27 am

Yeah. I am always hoping for choc chips in an oatmeal cookie, raisins disappoint me so :)
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) recently posted..Peanut Butter Coconut Flour Pancakes (Edward & Sons Review)My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets August 14, 2013 at 6:31 pm

I love the raisins in mine, but these chocolate chips are definitely tasty too!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Oatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks August 13, 2013 at 10:41 am

I love cookies with lots of texture & these look wonderful!
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..Browned Butter Glaze Soaked-Greek Yogurt Banana CakeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets August 14, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Thanks Averie, I love texture in a cookie too :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Oatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

Monica August 13, 2013 at 10:42 am

Looks so good…I’ve been craving a good oatmeal choc chip cookie. I think it’s from sampling one of those It’s-it’s (ice cream sandwiches) while on vacation last week in SF. I do not like raisins so it’s got to be choc chips for me.
Monica recently posted..Tale of two popsiclesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets August 14, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Darn, I was just in SF and must have missed It’s Its. Sounds lovely!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Oatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction August 13, 2013 at 10:43 am

Oatmeal cookies are the best, especially when filled with chocolate chips!
Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Blueberry Swirled Cheesecake Ice CreamMy Profile

Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig August 13, 2013 at 11:21 am

I am so that way! I do not like raisins in my cookies so I love these…one of my faves.
Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig recently posted..My Trip to Black Gold Farms ~ Arbyrd, MissouriMy Profile

Sarah@WholeandHeavenlyOven August 13, 2013 at 11:54 am

I love a good oatmeal raisin cookie, but absolutely NOTHING beats chocolate! :D
Sarah@WholeandHeavenlyOven recently posted..Blueberry Streusel BarsMy Profile

Abbie August 13, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Ahhh, thank you. I really do not appreciate raisins in my oatmeal cookies. I would rather eat an oatmeal cookie with absolutely nothing in it but the oatmeal, then have to deal with raisins. x) Mini Chocolate Chips, though? Another story.
Chocolate and oatmeal belong together.
These cookies look amazingly soft. <3 Love. Pinning!!
Abbie recently posted..dark chocolate zucchini browniesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets August 14, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Haha, I do love the raisins, but thought many would enjoy the chocolate chips instead. Two thumbs up from all my kids :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Oatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

Nora @ Buttercream Fanatic August 13, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I have to confess: I think an oatmeal cookie is a waste of calories when it’s mostly cookie with a few raisins thrown in. It has to be absolutely packed with oats and added chocolate to meet my ridiculous standards. Yours look like my dream oatmeal cookie!
Nora @ Buttercream Fanatic recently posted..Raspberry Baked Oatmeal Squares with Almond Streusel Topping (GF, Vegan Adaptable)My Profile

Renee @ Awesome on $20 August 13, 2013 at 12:54 pm

I hate raisins. I think biting into a cookie with raisins is one of world’s biggest disappointments. Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating a bit, but it’s pretty bad. It takes all my will to even swallow the offending bite. I think all the world’s raisins should be changed into chocolate chips. World peace would be right around the corner.
Renee @ Awesome on $20 recently posted..Hometown TouristMy Profile

Eva @ Eva Bakes August 13, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I love raisins, but chocolate chips will always be my favorite. Thanks for this recipe, Aimee!
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Fudgy cocoa browniesMy Profile

marcie@flavor the moments August 13, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Those cookies look fabulous! Love oatmeal and chocolate chip.
marcie@flavor the moments recently posted..Mixed Berry Salad with Key Lime Simple Syrup and Angel Food Cake CroutonsMy Profile

Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats August 13, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Mmmmm I love the Raisins! But I’m sure these would be fabulous too :) Oh and LOVE the place mat…I might have one of those hiding in my blog props too! Great minds must think alike!
Julie @ Julie’s Eats & Treats recently posted..Texas TacosMy Profile

Charlotte Moore August 13, 2013 at 2:41 pm

No chocolate chips for me. Give me raisins or nuts or both. Now my hubby…. chocolate!!!

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent August 13, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Ugh… I hate raisins. Chocolate chip cookies are much better :)
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent recently posted..No – Bake Banana Split DessertMy Profile

Anne ~ Uni Homemaker August 13, 2013 at 3:10 pm

I fear raisins! I think that’s why I’m never big on oatmeal raisin cookies. But oatmeal chocolate chips? I’ll have that any day! This looks delicious Aimee. :)
Anne ~ Uni Homemaker recently posted..Garlic Chipotle Cheesy BreadMy Profile

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life August 13, 2013 at 5:04 pm

I despise raisins in cookies:) But I do love oatmeal and chocolate chips! The twine is adorable!
Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life recently posted..Coconut Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate SnickerdoodlesMy Profile

Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper August 13, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Delicious! Two great cookies in one. I have bitten into an oatmeal raisin cookie thinking it was a chocolate cookie before. It’s OK, though, since I like both!
Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper recently posted..Vegetable Fried RiceMy Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet August 13, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I love oatmeal cookies but my family does not. Wonder if I could persuade them with adding in chocolate??!!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Blueberry FrittersMy Profile

Tanya Schroeder August 14, 2013 at 8:33 am

I’m not a fan of oatmeal raisin cookies either, but these I could eat! Probably a dozen at a time too!
Tanya Schroeder recently posted..Biscoff Filled Brownie BitesMy Profile

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry August 14, 2013 at 1:01 pm

It’s always a sad day when I bite into a oatmeal cookie and get raisins. Love these cookies!
Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry recently posted..Fig and Goat Cheese Stuffed ChickenMy Profile

Tonia@thegunnysack August 14, 2013 at 1:32 pm

My husband’s favorite cookies!! Pinned!
Tonia@thegunnysack recently posted..DIY Embellished Party NapkinsMy Profile

Laura@bakinginpyjamas August 15, 2013 at 6:09 am

Ooh, I’ve never tried oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies before, I can imagine they taste so good.
Laura@bakinginpyjamas recently posted..Jam Tea BreadMy Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain August 19, 2013 at 3:49 pm

I loathe raisins, so I am so happy you added chocolate chips to these cookies! They look like the perfect autumn cookie! :D
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..I’m Back! With Dirty Chai Muffins!My Profile

Nutmeg Nanny August 24, 2013 at 3:43 pm

These look like the perfect oatmeal/chocolate chip cookie :) delightful!
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Greek Yogurt Chicken SaladMy Profile

Rachael D January 31, 2014 at 5:02 pm

These look deelish! Thanks for sharing :)
Rachael D recently posted..~Five SMOOTHIES with FIVE ingredients or less~My Profile

Sahil March 6, 2014 at 6:00 am

Oatmeal chocolate cookies, Just Loved the idea, Definetly going to try this.
Sahil recently posted..Appeal the sun with Surya NamaskarMy Profile

Yemek Tarifleri July 16, 2014 at 2:09 am

Oatmeal is a wonderful ingredient for cookies. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies seems to be great. Thanks for sharing.