Banana Split Fudge

by aimee @ shugarysweets on July 1, 2014

Sweet Banana Split Fudge recipe. The perfect summer treat!

Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!

Banana Split Fudge: creamy fudge with a fun summer taste! #bananasplit #fudge

It’s here! It’s here!! Today is my big moving day. While you all are reading this, I’m probably sitting in a lawyer’s office closing on my house here in Ohio. We’ll be headed to Illinois tonight to close on our new house in the morning.

While I move this week, we’re going to be celebrating Banana Splits on the blog. All week. All different recipes. And my friend, Jocelyn, will be sharing some fun recipes too!

It seemed only fitting to start Banana Split Week with fudge. I mean, why not right??

Banana Split Fudge: creamy fudge with a fun summer taste! #bananasplit #fudge

I love banana splits. However, I really don’t make them very often. Nor do I order them from ice cream parlors. And I’m not really sure why either. I think the lure of turtle, heath and peanut butter gets me every time.

Yet, banana splits are such a delicious combination of flavors. Today’s fudge is made with a banana pudding flavored base (like these peanut butter banana fudge bites). I added in some of the traditional flavors you see in banana splits…cherries, dried pineapple and chocolate. I used a red hot to resemble the “cherry on top.” Not really a good flavor for this, but it looked cute. You can use a red m&m instead, that would taste delicious too!

I shared this Banana Split Fudge over on Food Fanatic. Check it out.

And be sure to stop over at Inside BruCrew Life to see her Banana Split Popcorn she made for Banana Split Week!

Banana Split Fudge: creamy fudge with a fun summer taste! #bananasplit #fudge

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life July 1, 2014 at 8:39 am

Woo hoo for closing on the house. I hope you have your signing hand ready…and maybe some of this delicious fudge in your purse to munch on in between pages. I love all the fun banana split flavors you have going on in these adorable little squares.
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Banana Split PopcornMy Profile

Baby June July 1, 2014 at 9:01 am

That looks amazing! Love the flavor, banana split sounds awesome. :)
Baby June recently posted..Vanilla overnight oats with strawberry rhubarb chia jam and peanut butter quinoa granolaMy Profile

Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} July 1, 2014 at 9:31 am

Love banana split, and in fudge form? Wonderful.

Sharing on Facebook later and pinning.
Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} recently posted..Frosted Peanut Butter Cake BarsMy Profile

Trish - Mom On Timeout July 1, 2014 at 10:28 am

And now I love you just a little bit more than before :) This is just fantastic Aimee! Pinned!

Good luck with the move girl!
Trish – Mom On Timeout recently posted..Cherry Vanilla All American PattiesMy Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet July 1, 2014 at 12:28 pm

I hope everything goes well! I love the idea of Banana Split week!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Banana Caramel SmoothieMy Profile

Mir July 1, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Good luck with your closing! And congrats!
This fudge is so wonderful! What a great way to get banana splits in the mix without having to down an actual banana split. This way is much more fun!
Mir recently posted..Raspberry Crumb BarsMy Profile

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust July 1, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Happy moving day my friend! I hope you’re well on your way to your new journey. Congrats! Eat some fudge!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Thick Homemade Chocolate SauceMy Profile

aux fourneaux July 2, 2014 at 4:50 am

Thanks for this recipe, You’re too funny! I love it!
aux fourneaux recently posted..Recettes de desserts aux abricotsMy Profile

Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon July 2, 2014 at 8:56 am

Once again your fudge knocks it out of the park! Good luck with the move!
Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon recently posted..Banh Mi Hot DogsMy Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain July 2, 2014 at 3:45 pm

YAY Best of luck with the closing and the rest of the move!! So excited for you that it’s almost all done. :D And WOOO FOR AMAZING FUDGE!! This is going to be the best week ever since I freaking adore banana split EVERYTHING.
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Greek Chicken Salad Topped PitasMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets July 3, 2014 at 8:59 am

Thanks Jess. We’re nearing the end of this crazy move, just going to be unpacking for awhile!

Julianne @ Beyond Frosting July 6, 2014 at 2:59 pm

What a fun idea for fudge!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting recently posted..Peach Raspberry PieMy Profile