Slow Cooker Taco Chili
Slow Cooker meals are not only perfect for busy weeknight dinners, but also great for weekend entertaining too! This Taco Chili is so flavorful. Serve it up with a side of cornbread and all the fixings!
Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’
I know when some people think of slow cooker meals, the image that comes to mind is Boring. Bland. Ugly.
My friends, your Slow Cooker meals do NOT have to be like this! I love using my slow cooker. I try to pull it out at least once or twice a week, sometimes more! I love recipes that I can toss all the ingredients into the pot and walk away for hours. Recipes that when they are finished, there’s no fussing.
Today’s recipe is just that…an easy, delicious, flavorful chili. I used ground turkey to make this on the healthier side. I also used my homemade taco seasoning mix to give this chili flavor. If you’re using store bought packets you may want to adjust the salt in this recipe. Those packets tend to be quite salty!
I used plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream on top of this chili. I also added a pinch of low fat shredded cheese, chopped avocado and some southwestern tortilla strips.
Of course my attempts to keep this healthy were completely awash since I served this with a big side of Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread. But it’s all about balance, right?
I’m pretty sure this would make a great meal to serve at a potluck. Or family event. Make a big batch and have bowls of all the toppings on the side! Of course, don’t forget the cornbread. You have to have your carbs after all, right? ENJOY!!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!
Slow Cooker Taco Chili
Yield: Serves 6-8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
- 1 lb. ground turkey, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15.25oz) sweet corn (don't drain)
- 1 can (15oz) black beans (don't drain)
- 1 can (15oz) red kidney beans (don't drain)
- 1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa (I used a thick and chunky style)
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- In a large slow cooker, combine cooked ground turkey, corn, beans, salsa, tomato sauce, salt and taco seasoning. Make sure to add the liquid from all your cans of corn and beans!
- Give a quick stir to combine the ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve hot with plain greek yogurt (or sour cream), cheese, avocado and tortilla strips! ENJOY.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
Here are some of my favorite SLOW COOKER recipes….
One of the most flavorful ways to eat beef…Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef
Why list them individually. Check out this great collection of all my favorite Slow Cooker Meal Ideas!
Favorite Slow Cooker recipes from my favorite blogs:
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Gyros from Damn Delicious
- Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs from Julies Eats and Treats
- Cheesy Slow Cooker Meatballs from I Wash You Dry
- Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes from The Gunny Sack
Check out this great list on Pinterest of more Slow Cooker Meal Ideas
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**