Chimichurri is an uncooked sauce originating from Argentina and pairs perfectly with grilled meats. It’s a colorful blend of fresh herbs and spices and can be used as a topping or a marinade.
Click HERE to save to pinterest!
I’ll be honest, I sometimes have difficulty trying new foods. I love almost all food…but when it’s a food I’m not familiar with, I tend to shy away from trying it.
But, a few years ago I became obsessed with getting empanadas at our local farmer’s market. There was a vendor who cooked them and sold them on site, and they were absolutely fantastic. It took me some time however, to try the Chimichurri sauce that was served on the side.
However, once I’ve tried it, I’ll never go back. It’s a zesty sauce made from fresh herbs, with the addition of garlic, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. In learning more about how to make Chimichurri Sauce and what ingredients are used in Chimichurri sauce, I’ve learned that not everyone agrees on the use of cilantro. Since I am the furthest thing from a traditionalist when it comes to cooking and baking, I’m making my own Chimichurri Sauce the way I like it. And that INCLUDES making it with fresh cilantro. I love the flavor it gives this fresh sauce, especially with Spinach Ricotta Empanadas (yes you need that recipe too)!
More recipes you may enjoy that include fresh herbs:
- This quick and easy Basil Pesto is so delicious, you’ll need to make a second batch! Perfect for adding to pasta, fish, baked tomatoes and sandwiches, the fresh basil ups the flavor of your favorite foods!
- Homemade Ranch Dip from my friend Mary, packed with fresh chives, fresh dill, and fresh parsley! So good, you’ll be wondering what else can you dip into it!?
- Brenda makes this zesty Fresh Herb Marinade for chicken and fish. Flavored with fresh basil, cilantro, and parsley, it gives a great kick to your meats!
- Making homemade Guacamole is easy, just make sure you plenty of fresh cilantro on hand! Your only decisions will be should you make your guacamole chunky or creamy? Should you add mango?
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Chimichurri is an uncooked sauce originating from Argentina and pairs perfectly with grilled meats. It's a colorful blend of fresh herbs and spices and can be used as a topping or a marinade.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a food processor, pulse parsley, cilantro, oregano, and red onion until fine. Add in remaining ingredients and pulse several times until everything is well blended, and consistency is even.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Store for 3 days in airtight container in refrigerator. ENJOY. Serve with Spinach and Cheese Empanadas!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.