Powdered Sugar Donut Holes
Love donuts for breakfast but hate all the work? These Powdered Sugar Donut Holes are baked (not fried) and ready in under 30 minutes.
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
Remember last week I shared these CHOCOLATE Powdered Sugar Donut Holes? While they are a HUGE hit in my family, I have a confession.
Today’s recipe is an even bigger hit. I know, regular donuts vs chocolate…and the regular wins. Not to say the chocolate aren’t delicious, because they are (one reader commented that they taste like OREOS), but in my family, these plain powdered sugar donut holes are where it’s at.
And I have to be honest here….I usually avoid powdered sugar donut holes. I hide them from my kids. I serve them glazed instead. Or cinnamon sugar. I do anything to avoid the crazy powdered sugar mess that appears on their faces, their clothes, the floor and the dog (yes the DOG!).
But, sometimes a mom has to give in and give the kids a treat. And when my kids ask for a special breakfast, these donut holes are what they have in mind. Smart kids.
If you check out my DOUGHNUT Pinterest Board you’ll see so much inspiration there, be sure to follow along!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
For the donut holes:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
For the topping:
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Beat sugar with butter until well blended. Add egg. Add milk, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Beat until combined (about 1-2 minutes).
- Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick baking spray. Drop dough by tablespoon into each muffin cup. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 13-15 minutes.
- Remove and cool in pan about 10 minutes, then cool completely on wire rack.
- When cool, dip each donut into the melted butter and roll in powdered sugar. Eat and enjoy!
More EASY donut recipes to enjoy…..
Chocolate Powdered Sugar Donut Holes: delicious, easy twist!
Cinnamon Donut Muffins: perfectly bite sized breakfast treat
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**