I went to Costco this month for my regular shopping trip. You know, to restock on sugar, flour, oil, toilet paper…all that good stuff! I spend a lot of time just wandering too.
And in my wandering in the bakery section, they had tubs of salted caramel bark. So of course I looked at it and thought to myself, “Self, there is no way I am buying this when it looks so easy to make“!
See that’s the trouble with recipe developing. You don’t like taking the easy route.
Are you all with me on that? Since I started food blogging this year, I have a hard time buying a cake, spending money on cookies, and eating out.
Now, that’s not to say I don’t enjoy those things, I just have a hard time doing it! I say that because I just ripped open a package of NutterButter cookies today and I’m okay with it.
More Easy Candy Recipes
White Chocolate Bark topped with salted caramel, pretzels, and melted milk chocolate.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 16 oz vanilla candy coating
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 1/2 cup pretzels, broken
- In large saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar and milk. Cook on medium for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions. Pour on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Spread evenly.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over melted candy coating. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Top with broken pretzels (press them into bark, lightly). Melt milk chocolate according to package. Drizzle over bark. Allow to set about one hour.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.