Skinny Pineapple Cupcakes
Indulge in one (or more!) of these Skinny Pineapple Cupcakes for dessert! Made with only 3 ingredients you can be enjoying one of these no guilt treats tonight!
Love this recipe? Sign up for Shugary Sweets email subscription and never miss out again!
I am by no means a healthy dessert blogger. However, if I can eat a dessert that tastes AMAZING and is lower calorie, then I’ll take it. If I’m going to indulge in dessert, I don’t want to waste my calories on something that doesn’t taste delicious.
It’s pretty much my motto with all food. If I don’t like it, I’m not going to eat it. My problem is I tend to like everything, haha! (and as a result I eat everything….)
I made these pineapple cupcakes back when I first started blogging in 2011. I knew I wanted to update those old photos, because I make these cupcakes at least once a summer! They are so light and fresh, they remind me of a JELL-O poke cake. But these cupcakes are even easier!
And instead of recreating that old recipe, with the coconut frosting…I made today’s recipe even more simple. THREE ingredients.
- One box of yellow cake mix (the dry mix only)
- One 20oz can of crushed pineapple (with the juice, don’t drain it)
- One 8oz container of Light Cool Whip (thawed)
Unless you count sprinkles, that’s three ingredients. Easy peasy you guys, and it’s perfect for your next potluck. Plus, did I mention these are skinny? You’re not adding any butter or oil to the cake mix. The crushed pineapple is just fruit and water. And I used a “light” Cool Whip to save a few extra calories. I used my cookie scoop to get a nice little dollop on each baked cupcake. These are best when you refrigerate them for a couple hours to make them COLD. (In case you’re curious, I calculated these at about 120 calories each. Depending on the brands of ingredients you use, and how many cupcakes you’re able to scoop. Also, you can make mini cupcakes for an even smaller bite!)
Now…don’t worry, I’m not going to get all crazy health food on you guys. I’ve got an M&M’S® Fudge recipe coming next. Just in time for 4th of July too!
- 1 box Yellow Cake mix (dry ingredients only)
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapples (don't drain)
- 1 container (8 oz) Light Cool Whip (thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Line cupcake tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat dry cake mix with can of crushed pineapples. Using a 1/4 cup measuring scoop, spoon mixture into cupcake liners. Fill about 1/2-2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- Once cooled, scoop Cool Whip onto each cupcake using a cookie scoop. Add sprinkles if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until chilled. Serve and enjoy.
Serving Size:1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 191mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 12g Protein: 1g
Looking for more DELICIOUS skinny recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Skinny No Bake Cookies: while they are guilt free…you may be guilty of not sharing these sweet cookies!
Vanilla Coffee Pudding: light and skinny, this is a great dessert idea!
These Skinny Banana chocolate chip muffins have the perfect consistency. A great breakfast OR dessert!
If you like these Skinny cupcakes, here are some skinny recipes from my friends:
- Skinny Chocolate Custard from Yummy, Healthy, Easy
- Skinny Almond Joy Cake from Well Plated
- Low Fat Apple Cake from As Easy as Apple Pie
- Skinny Raspberry Cheesecake Bars from Amy’s Healthy Baking
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**