Indulge in one (or more!) of these Skinny Pineapple Cupcakes for dessert! Made with only 3 ingredients, this lightened up dessert won’t leave you feeling weighed down. Only 100 calories each!
Table of Contents
Why this Cupcake is Best
I am by no means a healthy dessert blogger. However, if I can eat a dessert that tastes AMAZING and is lower calorie, then I’ll take it.
When it comes to lightened up desserts, it doesn’t get better than these Pineapple Cupcakes.
I’m a big fan of baking with pineapple, especially in the summer. While I can’t spend my days lounging on a tropical island with a fruity drink in my hand, I can at least pretend with recipes like Pina Colada Smoothie and Pineapple Sangria.
This is a great recipe for the kids to help out with. Because there’s no messy frosting to deal with and you only need one bowl, clean up is a breeze too.
- easy to make
- easy to clean up
- delicious pineapple flavor
- low calorie
THREE ingredients. That’s all you need for today’s pineapple cupcakes.
- One box of yellow cake mix (the dry mix only)
- One can of crushed pineapple (with the juice, don’t drain it)
- One container of Light Cool Whip (thawed)
For my purposes, I’m not counting the optional sprinkles! Easy peasy and it’s perfect for your next potluck. I’ve brought these to birthday parties on several occasions and everyone raves about them.
To make the cupcakes you just dump the cake mix in a bowl, add the can of pineapple and mix. Scoop the batter into a lined muffin tin and bake.
Yes, that’s really it. Don’t overthink it! I promise that’s all it takes to make these cupcakes. Be sure to mix the pineapple well until there are no clumps of dry mix left.
Instead of frosting, these cupakes are topped with a dollop of cool whip! If you’re like me and can’t resist a little extra pizzazz on your lightened up desserts, add a few sprinkles on top, too.
I’m all about the convenience of cool whip here but you can certainly use your own homemade whipped cream topping instead.
Let the cupcakes chill in the fridge until the topping has firmed up, serve and enjoy.
After you make these classic pineapple cupcakes, you’ll also want to try Low Calorie Pineapple Orange Cupcakes for a citrusy spin. You can also make this recipe as a full pineapple cake instead of cupcakes.
More Lightened Up Desserts
- Skinny No Bake Cookies: while they are guilt free…you may be guilty of not sharing these sweet cookies!
- These Skinny Banana chocolate chip muffins have the perfect consistency. A great breakfast OR dessert!
- Pig Picking Cupcakes
If you couldn’t tell by the abundance of rich dessert recipes on this site, I feel no guilt in indulging in a great decadent treat from time to time. There are times, though, when I want a sugar fix that won’t leave me feeling weighed down.
- Toffee Cashew Cookies
- JELL-O Poke Cake Trifle
- Pineapple Pie
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Watermelon Cupcakes
- Butterscotch Marshmallow Bars
Skinny Pineapple Cupcakes
- 1 box Yellow Cake mix dry ingredients only
- 1 can crushed pineapples (don't drain) 20 ounce
- 1 container Light Cool Whip (thawed) 8 ounce
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Line cupcake tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix dry cake mix with the can of crushed pineapple. Using a 1/4 cup measuring scoop, spoon mixture into cupcake liners. Fill about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- Once cooled, scoop Cool Whip onto each cupcake using a cookie scoop. Add sprinkles if desired. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours until chilled. Serve and enjoy.
- I’m all about the convenience of cool whip here but you can certainly use your own homemade whipped cream topping instead.
These low fat pineapple cupcakes are just the ticket! Refreshing and sweet, they’re the perfect easy dessert for any day of the week.