Cadbury Egg Fudge

by aimee @ shugarysweets on March 23, 2012

Cadbury Egg Fudge: delicious holiday fudge that tastes just like those Cadbury Eggs!

I’ve been staring at this recipe on Pinterest for awhile now. Are you all Pinterest yet? Talk about a total time buster, I can pop on for “just a minute” and realize 30 minutes have passed. But, if you need inspiration, it’s the place to go! You can follow me there too.

But back to the fudge. Last year around Easter I saw THIS recipe. To make Cadbury Eggs. Oh how I love Cadbury Eggs. I usually buy myself ONE egg as a treat each holiday. But now? Now I can make my own Cadbury Egg fudge and indulge all I want (not going to help my swimsuit cause)!

Doesn’t it look divine? I only added some vanilla to the recipe, but otherwise kept it the same. It’s a keeper!

Cadbury Egg Fudge

• 1/2 cup corn syrup
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 cup powdered sugar
  • pinch of kosher salt
  • 1 Tbsp milk
  • yellow food coloring
  • 16 oz milk chocolate, melted

1. In mixer, beat the butter and corn syrup together. Add vanilla, powdered sugar, salt and milk. Beat until smooth. Remove 2/3 of mixture to separate bowl, beat in several drops of yellow food coloring to remaining mixture.
  2. Line a 9inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Melt chocolate according to package directions. Pour half of chocolate in pan to cover the bottom of dish. Spread white layer over chocolate. Drop yellow layer over the white layer, spreading gently with a knife. Pour remaining melted chocolate over, spreading evenly. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens, about 30 minutes. Using a VERY hot knife, cut into squares, store in covered container in refrigerator. Enjoy!
  3. **Recipe adapted slightly from Raising 4 Princesses

Nicola March 23, 2012 at 12:01 pm

It looks fantastic – just perfect for Easter! I adore Cadbury’s Creme Eggs, so I’m sure I’ll love this. Pinned!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar March 23, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Yes, please!! This looks fabulous!

Jocelyn March 23, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I saw the same exact fudge and pinned it too!!! It looks SOOOO yummy that I have resisted making it because I know it will not do good things for my swimsuit cause:-)

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos March 23, 2012 at 12:44 pm

My husband LOVES cadbury eggs! It’s probably safer to buy one at a time, I’m sure he’d eat a whole pan of this!

Something Swanky March 23, 2012 at 12:47 pm

ohhhh! I saw this! I’ve been dying to make it, but my husband keeps saying it looks gross… which means it would just be me eating it. And that didn’t seem wise….

Looks great!!!

Winnie March 23, 2012 at 1:16 pm

It looks wonderful, and I’d be happy for a treat like that anytime!!

BigBearswife March 23, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I think I just tried to bite my computer screen! I love Cadbury’s Creme Eggs, this would be bad for me to have in the house. I wouldn’t share!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist March 23, 2012 at 2:45 pm

I love this!!! Very seasonal!

RavieNomNoms March 23, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Definitely looks amazing. I have a slight addiction to Cadbury eggs haha

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust March 23, 2012 at 5:24 pm

*Speechless* … and that doesn’t come often. This is beautiful!

Lacy @ NYCityEats March 23, 2012 at 5:38 pm

This fudge is SUPER cute! It really looks like eggs in the middle, what an incredible idea! I get lost on pinterest alllll the time, it’s really bad haha. Following you now :)

Jen @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 23, 2012 at 8:40 pm

O.M.G. I can see why you you kept looking at this on Pintrest! It looks yummy, sweet and chocolaty!! Yum!!

Lisa March 25, 2012 at 6:31 am

That looks so cool! I love all the ideas on Pinterest.

kelli@eatprayreadlove. March 25, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Oh my goodness, that is one of the most creative recipes I’ve ever seen! Love some Cadbury eggs! Would love to have you link up to my Recipe Roundup- my fave recipe each week gets a month of free sidebar advertising!

Kiri W. March 25, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I loove Cadbury creme eggs, what a glorious fudge idea!

Jane March 26, 2012 at 12:36 am

This looks so yummy, Aimee! My family would love them! Thanks for sharing this on Melt in Your Mouth Monday! :)

Tracy March 26, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Was a bit skeptical but really wanted to try this recipe so I made a 1/2 batch yesterday. Delicious! Haven’t had any Cadbury Eggs yet this year but from what I remember – this is soooooo close. My son actually thought I bought a bunch of Cadbury eggs and squished them into a pan.
My only suggestion would be to cut them into bite-size pieces before the chocolate completely hardens. I didn’t do this and after a couple hours in the fridge, when we tried cutting them, the chocolate broke into irregular shapes and didn’t look as pretty as the photos.
Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. We’ve really enjoyed it!

TheChocolatePriestess March 26, 2012 at 4:03 pm

My guys love Cadbury Eggs — I wonder if they would like this?

Aimee March 26, 2012 at 4:18 pm

@Tracy,
I’m so glad you enjoyed them! Great tip on cutting the chocolate into bite sized pieces before hardening! Thanks!

The Better Baker March 26, 2012 at 6:00 pm

You have the most amazing! recipes. Just love this – thanks so much for sharing your sweet tooth with us. =)

Mal March 26, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Such a great easter idea!

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love March 27, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Oh my sweet heavens! This is unbelievable… Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

Tracy March 28, 2012 at 7:56 pm

I’m so loving this! I was devastated last year when Hershey’s started putting the peanut/nut allergen warning on Cadbury eggs since I’m severely allergic to peanuts. Now I’ll just have to make this lovely treat instead!

Rebecca March 29, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Can’t wait to try this! I shared it on my blog today: http://www.sister-dipity.blogspot.com/2012/03/easter-ideas.html

Six Sisters March 30, 2012 at 2:29 pm

These look great! Thanks for linking up to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We love having you and hope you’ll be back next week! -The Sisters

The Well Crefted Home March 30, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I am SO glad that you posted these! Cadbury Creme eggs are my husbands favorite and I’m sure he will love these!! Thank you!

Crystal @MrsHappyHomemaker.com April 1, 2012 at 11:04 pm

This looks SO good! I have featured it over on this week’s edition of Makin’ You Crave Monday. Come on over & check it out – and link up something new this week while you’re at it! :)

~Crystal
MrsHappyHomemaker.com

Laura @ GotChocolate May 20, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Love that the list of ingredients are easy to find. Nothing worse than having to driving to several stores just to make one recipe.

GOOD JOB!!! Looks VERY tasty!

Savannah March 9, 2013 at 8:00 am

These look delicious! My kids will flip. I don’t normally use corn syrup, but for this I will make an exception. Please consider adding this recipe to my Easter series link up. I know it will be a hit! Here is the direct url – http://hammocktracks.com/savannahs-savory-bites/easter-egg-bread-feature-friday-all-things-easter-linky/
Savannah recently posted..…and Make it Extra CrunchyMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 15, 2013 at 8:00 am

Everything in moderation :)

Gina March 13, 2013 at 10:17 am

OH! MY! GOSH!!!! YUM! I’m dying over these right now.
Gina recently posted..Chocolate Dipped Coconut Meringues ~ Your Best WeeklyMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 15, 2013 at 7:59 am

Awww thanks :)

Neetu March 17, 2013 at 7:13 am

Hi Aimee…i am so happy to have stumbled upon your website..thank God for google plus!! I am definitely going to be making these for Easter! They look so yum and am sure are easy breezy to make. Please do check out my website when u get a chance. It’s not as fancy as yours but I hope u like it! Happy to be a follower. You can follow me to if you like my recipes!

Cheers!

Desiree February 19, 2014 at 9:57 am

I followed the recipe exactly as is. After leaving fudge cool in the fridge for half an hour I go to cut it into sqaures for dessert. The chocolate was to hard it just cracked with any pressure from a knife & the gooey middle oozed out. I ended up with a huge mess. It did taste true to a Cadbury creme egg but, it definintly did not look like the picture.

aimee @ shugarysweets February 19, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Hi Desiree, running your knife under warm water (then drying it) right before cutting helps make smooth cuts through chocolate. The center definitely is softer than the outer shell, but it shouldn’t ooze out making a mess, more like…softly squish out, hehe! You can also try cutting the chocolate before it completely hardens if that helps. Making these in a silicone brownie bite pan is another alternative. Hope this helps!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..French Vanilla Coffee CreamerMy Profile

Anonymous March 25, 2014 at 5:52 pm

I had the same problem cutting them, the chocolate cracked all over the place and the filling oozed out. What a mess! Do you spray the brownie bite pan?

aimee @ shugarysweets March 26, 2014 at 8:28 am

I don’t spray my brownie bite pan, it’s silicone, so once they are set up, they pop right out!

Linda had a little Lamb February 21, 2014 at 7:01 am

Thanks for the recipe. It looks yummy.
Linda had a little Lamb recently posted..How to make a candy shell cake linerMy Profile

Barbara Bursell March 7, 2014 at 7:34 pm

I wish you have cookbook because my print do know work at all I will paid for for a good cookbook so let me know I am send you my e mail bursellbarbara781@yahoo.com