Ice Cream Cake
It’s birthday season around here! What a better way to ring in the Spring than with an Ice Cream Cake?!?!
I used to pay money at various local ice cream parlors to get an ice cream cake. Now? I can whip one together in no time at all. And, depending on the birthday child’s favorite ice cream, you can change up the flavor no problem. For this cake I used Cookie’s and Cream ice cream, but in the past have made it with chocolate, mint chocolate chip, and strawberry! Possibilities are endless!
Ice Cream Cake
- 8 regular sized ice cream sandwiches
- 1.5 qt cookies and cream ice cream (or your favorite variety), softened
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce
- 8oz Cool Whip
- In a standard sized loaf pan, line it with plastic wrap. Lay half of your ice cream sandwiches on the bottom of the loaf pan (mine took about 3 1/2, cut to fit). Spread softened ice cream over sandwiches.
- Pour cooled hot fudge sauce over ice cream, spreading evenly. Top with remaining ice cream sandwiches, cut to fit. Cover with more plastic wrap and return to freezer for 3 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to serve, Invert loaf pan on rectangular plate. Remove plastic wrap. Using a large spoon, spread Cool Whip over cake. Serve immediately. To store leftovers, place remaining cake in a large freezersafe tupperware bowl. Cover and store. ENJOY!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**