Oreo Ice Cream Cake
Layers of Cookies ‘n Cream ice cream, Oreos and vanilla ice cream sandwiches make the perfect dessert any time of year!
I know many people think ice cream is a summer dessert only. However, in our house, we eat ice cream for dessert several times a week.
And when there is a special occasion or a birthday, I love putting together a quick and delicious treat!
Enter….the Oreo Ice Cream cake. (almost as good as a strawberry shortcake ice cream bar!)
This treat seriously takes minutes to assemble. And it stays well in the freezer until you are ready to serve. While summer is definitely over, and the cooler weather is upon us, try making this treat using seasonal ice creams.
Pumpkin Ice cream would taste OUT OF THIS WORLD. And Peppermint ice cream with the hot fudge sauce and ice cream sandwiches…one of our favorite Christmas desserts. Sprinkle on some extra crushed candy canes and you’ll be the hit of the holidays!
Layers of Cookies 'n Cream ice cream, Oreos and vanilla ice cream sandwiches make the perfect dessert any time of year!
- 6 Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 cups Cookies & Cream Ice Cream, slightly softened
- 15 oreos (Oreos, divided
- 1/4 cup Hot Fudge Sauce
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- Line an 8x4 inch loaf pan with foil. Arrange 3 ice cream sandwiches on the bottom of the pan (may need to cut one in half).
- Top with softened ice cream, spreading it smoothly over the sandwiches.
- In a large Ziploc bag, crush 12 Oreo cookies with a rolling pin. Pour crumbs into a small bowl and mix in the hot fudge sauce using a fork.
- Spread mixture over ice cream. Top with 3 more ice cream sandwiches.
- Cover with foil and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and remove foil on top. Invert onto a rectangular plate. Remove foil.
- Spread thawed Cool Whip over cake.
- Crush remaining 3 Oreo cookies and sprinkle over the top of cake.
- Enjoy immediately or return to the freezer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 118mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 18g Protein: 2g
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**