Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cans (15oz each) garbanzo beans, peeled
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons, juiced)
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup water (or reserved juice from beans)
- 1 pinch paprika
- In food processor add drained (peeled) garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, salt, garlic and 2 Tbsp olive oil. Blend for several minutes, adding water a tablespoon at a time (or using drained water from beans).
- Add more or less water to desired consistency. To get it creamy (similar to Aladdin's), I added about 3-4 Tbsp water.
- Spread on large plate (or pie plate). Sprinkle with paprika and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Serve with warm pita or pita chips. Enjoy!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
Powered by Recipage
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**