Strawberry Swirl Fudge

by aimee @ shugarysweets on October 21, 2012

I went and did it again.

I made fudge.

Last week I helped host a baby shower for my sister in law, Casey. And, they are having a girl! The first girl in 8 years (3 nephews have come along the way to our family during this time, but no girls).

Needless to say, it’s super exciting. And it was very pink!

Strawberry and Cream Fudge is easy and delicious! You can DO this! You can EAT this! You GOT this! Sorry, getting carried away? Just excited about a new baby girl coming to our family around Christmas!!

I hope you’re enjoying my new site! I’m still working on some features and updates and ironing out the kinks, so thank you for your patience!!

If you enjoy this Strawberry and Cream Fudge recipe, you may also enjoy these recipes…
Cherry Fudge with Dark Chocolatecreamy cherry flavored fudge with dried cherries and topped with a rich dark chocolate ganache!
Pistachio Fudge - pistachio pudding mix and chopped pistachios make a unique fudge flavor, topped with dark chocolate!
Orange Creamsicle Fudge- fresh orange zest and extract bring this fudge to a new level, tastes like a Dreamsicle!
OR
Visit my Pinterest Board for more Fudge ideas: Fudge and Truffles
Strawberry Swirl Fudge

Creamy strawberry and cream swirled fudge. No candy thermometer needed for this delicious and easy version!

• 2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter
  • pinch of salt
  • 11oz white chocolate morsels
  • 7oz jar Marshmallow creme
  • 1 Tbsp strawberry gelatin mix

1. In a large saucepan, melt butter with sugar, heavy cream and salt. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture starts to boil. Stirring constantly, boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
  2. Using a mixer, beat in white chocolate and marshmallow creme until fully blended and smooth (about 1-2 minutes). Pour half into a parchment paper lined 13x9 baking sheet.
  3. To remaining mixture, beat in strawberry gelatin mix, 1 minute until smooth. Pour over first layer and using a knife, quickly swirl the two layers together.
  4. Refrigerate for 4 hours until set (or overnight). Cut into bite sized pieces and enjoy!
Linked To:

Bailey October 21, 2012 at 8:10 pm

Hi Aimee! I haven’t ever heard of Strawberry and Cream Fudge, but wow, it sounds incredible! Your website is so darling and your photos are gorgeous! Congrats on the addition of a baby girl to your family. That’s wonderful news! I look forward to reading your blog. I’ll definitely be adding it to my daily reads.

aimee October 22, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Thanks Bailey! Looking forward to getting to know you and your blog!

Karyn - Pint Sized Baker October 22, 2012 at 1:02 am

Looks great and so pretty. I bet everyone at the shower loved it!

sally @ sallys baking addiction October 22, 2012 at 2:08 am

What a beautiful fudge Aimee! I’m on a fudge kick lately. And I love that this is PINK! Can you tell that’s one of my favorite colors? ;)

Kate@Diethood October 22, 2012 at 2:37 am

I can totally see myself with that bowl in my hands enjoying your pretty treats, one by one!
Congratulations on the upcoming addition to your family!!

Deanna October 22, 2012 at 3:56 am

So excited to try this!! It’s super pretty and sounds amazing. Congrats on a new baby girl for the family! I have a boy and 2 of my good friends had girls at the same time… it was the best of both worlds – I didn’t have to forgo anything cute while shopping. If it was for a boy, I could grab it, and if it was for a girl, I could grab it. LOL Enjoy.

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel October 22, 2012 at 2:05 pm

A fudge that’s pink?! I love you. This is awesome and beautiful, Aimee! Is there a flavor fudge you can’t make?

Desi October 22, 2012 at 6:51 pm

OMG I love all things pink! This is perfect for a girl baby shower AND for breast cancer awareness month. I am loving fudge right now. You are so creative! How do you come up with these great recipes?!?! And how are you getting such amazing photos in the fall… it gets dark earlier and earlier these days in these Cincinnati parts :( Keep the fudge coming!

carolinaheartstrings October 22, 2012 at 11:57 pm

You are so creative. This looks fantastic!

Amanda October 23, 2012 at 12:41 pm

These are just lovely fudges….so pretty in pink. May I know is there other ingredient to substitute for Marshmallow Creme? Thanks and have a nice day :)

Sherry K October 23, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Wow, this fudge looks incredibly dreamy. Can’t wait to try it. Thanks for linking to Mandy’s Recipe Box!
Sherry K-Jazzy Gourmet

Nicky @ Pink Recipe Box October 23, 2012 at 1:03 pm

What a fantastic idea! I love fudge but I’ve never tried this type before. Pinning :)

Maria October 23, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Mmmm this fudge looks so good and so pretty, too! Love the pink and white!

Megan October 23, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Can’t wait to try this recipe, but first, I have a question. Is the white chocolate still hard or melted when you mix it in? I want to make sure that I do it correctly! Thanks, and keep the rockin’ recipes coming!

Dee February 13, 2013 at 4:54 pm

I have the same question but cannot find where anyone has answered. I am assuming that the chocolate has to be melted first. I will be trying this tonight for Valentines Day tomorrow. Hope it works with it melted first.

aimee @ shugarysweets February 13, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Hi Dee, NO you do NOT need to melt the chocolate first. Put it in your bowl and set it aside with the marshmallow cream. Once you pour the hot mixture over it, and turn your mixer on, it will melt and become smooth. It takes about 1-2 minutes with the whisk attachment. ENJOOY!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Filling and Strawberry ButtercreamMy Profile

Erika October 23, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Oh how cute! Love your blog! Everything looks divine. :)

tanya October 24, 2012 at 1:12 am

Man, you really do make the best fudge!!! I think this pink fudge is perfect for a little girl baby shower! Just the start of all the pink yet to come (since she’s the only girl)! Bet it’s sweet and delicious!

aimee October 24, 2012 at 10:25 am

Thank you Tanya!!

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl October 24, 2012 at 4:44 am

Aimee, this fudge is gorgeous! I love the pink AND the flavor combo–I bet you have enough awesome fudge recipes to do a cookbook!

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life October 24, 2012 at 6:02 am

I loved this fudge…of course I love all your fudge. So creamy and rich and smooth…dang it…now I want fudge and it is WAY too late to be making any!

Jen @ Jen's Favorite Cookies October 25, 2012 at 9:46 am

This fudge is so cute and fun! I might just have to try it for myself! I’m trying to get better at candy making, I’ll have to let you know how it goes.

Pretend Chef October 26, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Love this for a baby shower. Great idea!

Aya B. October 28, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Ooooooooo
These cuties are dangerous, though they have a high level of yummyness ;)

Jane December 5, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Well , I was so excited to try this fudge,but, I was so disappointed in it, it tasted good, but I have to eat it with a spoon, it did not firm up as it should , I followed the instructions and boiled it as long as it said to, I won’t be making it again.

aimee @ shugarysweets December 5, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I’m so sorry to hear that Jane, I’ve made this fudge and many variations of it with no problems. Besides double checking all ingredients and measurements, without being in your kitchen with you, I’m not sure what help I can offer! I know how frustrating it is though to try and make something and it not work out right.

Jane December 5, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Thanks for your comment, I think fudge making, is just one of those things that not everyone is good at :)

Lena December 31, 2012 at 1:00 am

I had the same problem with this fudge. The upper half with gelatine looks fine and firm, but the white one is not firm at all.
It also came out too sweet for my taste ( even after I used 1.5 cups of sugar, not 2).
But it looks very pretty and my kids don’t mind over-sweetness :)

Anonymous January 2, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Do you melt the chocolate?

aimee @ shugarysweets January 3, 2013 at 7:02 am

No, when you add in the hot ingredients to your mixing bowl the chocolate will melt. I put it on my stand mixer and use the whisk attachement. Takes about 30seconds too a minute.

Amy January 16, 2013 at 12:30 am

I made this for a baby shower a few days ago and received lots of compliments. It was my first time to make fudge, and I was pleased at the simplicity. It turned out beautifully and tasted delicious. Thank you!

aimee @ shugarysweets January 16, 2013 at 7:19 am

Amy, I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe!! thanks for the feedback :)

megan February 12, 2013 at 11:43 am

Did you use a bag of white chocolate chips or a bar of white chocolate? Not sure if it makes a difference or not.

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I used white chocolate chips. I’m not sure if it matters either, but I used the morsels :)

megan February 15, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Thank you I made this for a friends daughters first birthday party and cut it into heart shapes, everyone loved it!

Kayleigh February 13, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Does this fudge come out soft and chewy or hard like proper fudge? I made another strawberry and cream on and it was very soft (still yummy though) but yours sounds amazing :)

aimee @ shugarysweets February 13, 2013 at 1:04 pm

They come out firm. I have other fudge recipes that are much softer, but this one is definitely firm (as fudge should be)!!!! ENJOY!

Kayleigh February 13, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Excellent. I shall let you know how the recipe goes :D So excited :D

Kayleigh February 19, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Well I made them and they didn’t come out hard like proper fudge. Do you think this could have been because I used a bar of chocolate instead of chips? Still tastes good though :D

aimee @ shugarysweets February 19, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Kayleigh, the white chocolate chips have something in them that helps them keep their shape, so it definitely could be why they came out different. Also, making sure you boiled it (at a rolling boil) for the full 5 minutes is important too!! Those are the only two things that can really make a difference in the texture!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Lemon Tart with Macadamia Nut CrustMy Profile

Anonymous February 24, 2013 at 7:46 am

I never boiled it for 5 mins stupidly so I remade it and it came out amazingly :D thank you for your help. It tastes really nice. :) You are the queen of fudge :D

shannon March 1, 2013 at 11:23 am

Hi there, the fudge looks dreamy! im going to get the ingredients tonight! but when you say geletin mix do you mean a regular jello packet? lol that may be a silly question lol

aimee @ shugarysweets March 1, 2013 at 11:25 am

Yep, a regular Jell-O packet! ENJOY!

candice stuhlman May 1, 2013 at 11:26 pm

I love baking

Marnie July 2, 2013 at 5:15 am

I am super keen to make this for a friend’s little girl baby shower but have a couple of questions. I’m in Australia, and I’m not sure we have Marshmallow Creme. What is it & is there a possible substitute? Also, how early in advance could I make it? Does it last a while? (If not eaten beforehand!)

Marnie July 5, 2013 at 3:30 am

Ok I’ve found Marshmallow Creme here but still wondering how long the fudge will keep? Can I make a week in advance?

aimee @ shugarysweets July 5, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Yep, you can definitely make this a week in advance. I would store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator (so it doesn’t get melted and soft).

Joann October 23, 2013 at 10:58 pm

I plan on making this as a favor at my baby shower next month. I know you have a recipe for orange dreamsicle fudge but do you think I could just substitute orange jello in this recipe instead of strawberry (or any flavor for that matter) and it would still turn out yummy?

Jerry Sue November 8, 2013 at 12:30 pm

When making fudge with cream or milk, does fudge need to be refrigerated.

Anonymous November 9, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Hello Aimee. I just want to double check and see if I understand you correctly. Do I add just the strawberry jello powder gelatin to the fudge or do I make the package jello and then add it to the fudge like that? Babies make the world so bright & beautiful ;)

Thank you. Dee dee.

aimee @ shugarysweets November 9, 2013 at 9:29 pm

yep, just the powder, don’t actually make the JELL-O

Dee dee November 9, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Ooops I forgot to add my email to my jello question.

Thanks Dee dee.

Lara ayres November 18, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Hey Dee Dee.. I went to Kroger looking for a heavy cream…all they had was a whipping cream or half and half. which one should I get?
thanks

Sherri December 12, 2013 at 12:35 am

I made this candy last Christmas, and it was a big hit. I am going to make it tomorrow and try using orange jello. It is a great recipe!

aimee @ shugarysweets December 13, 2013 at 7:11 am

I’ve made it at christmas with holiday colored Jello!!! Orange would be fabulous!

Rosie January 13, 2014 at 7:52 pm

I made this fudge and it turned out delicious. I received a lot of compliments. Thank you for the recipe! I’m going to try the cookies and cream one next!

aimee @ shugarysweets January 15, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Yay! So glad to hear it :)

Heidi S January 27, 2014 at 5:20 pm

I just made this last night! Absolutely DIVINE!! Last time I made fudge I ruined a pan and a spook and vowed to never try it again! This was sooo easy and sooo delicious! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Jaci January 30, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Just imagine swapping blue raspberry or blueberry jello for a boy’s shower

aimee @ shugarysweets January 31, 2014 at 3:26 pm