Jamaican Jerk Pulled Pork Tostadas

by aimee @ shugarysweets on March 4, 2013

Jamaican Jerk Pulled Pork Tostadas are not only delicious, but easy to make thanks to your CrockPot! I also baked my corn tortillas to make this dish a little on the healthier side. Top your tostadas with Sharp LIGHT Cheddar Cabot Cheese for a creamy cheese topping that is half the fat!

Jamaican Jerk Pulled Pork Tostadas: easy slow cooker dinner idea that's delicious and healthy! #slowcooker #dinner www.shugarysweets.com

I have been enjoying sharing a dinner recipe with all of you each week! I hope this is something YOU, my readers, are enjoying as well.

And, of course, I once again bring you a slow cooker meal. As I’ve said before, my slow cooker is used the majority of week nights in our house. And pork tenderloins are perfect to put in your slow cooker. This recipe can be ready in 6 hours…or keep it in your slow cooker for up to 10 hours. No harm done (as long as you don’t release the lid seal, that keeps the moisture in your slow cooker). Which is perfect for those of you who want to put it in first thing in the morning and leave it alone all day while at work!

When you are ready to eat, bake your tortillas (only 10 minutes in the oven) and assemble. I like to bake my tortillas, it makes them crunchy and healthy. Plus it’s less messy. But if you want, feel free to fry them in a skillet of oil. We also topped ours with Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar Cheese, it’s so smooth and melts very nicely for a light cheese!

Love these dinner recipe ideas? Find more delicious recipes by following me on Pinterest:

Dinner Ideas

Chicken

Soups and Stews

Don’t miss another mouthwatering recipe from Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me:

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Bloglovin’

Want more Pork Tenderloin recipes? As long as you don’t judge these old photos, here are some great recipes….

Slow Cooker Chipotle Pork with Mango Slaw: spicy chipotle peppers add a deep delicious flavor to this pork and the slaw helps to cut some of the heat. Perfect when served on a corn muffin. You need to try this pairing!

Slow Cooker Chipotle Pork from www.shugarysweets.com

Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas: another wonderful meal with pork tenderloin, oranges, and cumin. Makes delicious tacos!

Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas from www.shugarysweets.com

Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloins: seriously one of the best dinners ever. You will love the sweet glaze on this pork!

Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin: juicy, fork tender pork tenderloin made in your slow cooker #crockpot #dinner www.shugarysweets.com

Jamaican Jerk Pulled Pork Tostadas

Cook Time: 8 hours

Yield: 10

Serving Size: 1 tostada

• 2 pork tenderloins (about 2.5lb total)
  • 1 orange, juiced
  • 2 cup beef broth
  • 3 Tbsp Jamaican Jerk seasoning
  • 10 corn tortillas
  • 8oz cheese, shredded (we used Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar)
  • lettuce, tomato, guacamole, sour cream, etc for topping

1. In a large slow cooker combine broth with orange juice and jerk seasoning. Add pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-10 hours (we usually do 8 hours). When ready, shred pork with two forks on a cutting board and return to juices.
  2. In a 425 degree oven, bake corn tortillas on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes, until crispy. Remove.
  3. To assemble, top tostada with pork (allow some of juice to strain off), shredded cheese and desired toppings. Eat immediately!

Linked To: Trick or Treat   Talent Show

Jess March 4, 2013 at 3:04 pm
Eva @ Eva Bakes March 4, 2013 at 3:49 pm

These tostadas look awesome!
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Boston Cream pieMy Profile

carrian March 4, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Ohhhh, I’ve never had that cheese! I’ll have to try it!
carrian recently posted..The BEST Potato RollsMy Profile

Ari @ Ari's Menu March 4, 2013 at 5:23 pm

I love the small list of ingredients! These look so simple and delicious!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..ITBS Recovery Week 6My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 5, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Sometimes simple is best!!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Jamaican Jerk Pulled Pork TostadasMy Profile

Jess @ OnSugarMountain March 4, 2013 at 5:33 pm

OMG aimee your desserts already occupy 85% of my time and now there’s all these dinners! This looks ahmazing – If there’s ever an extra seat at your table I call dibs on it ;)
Jess @ OnSugarMountain recently posted..#MuffinMonday: BLT MuffinsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 5, 2013 at 2:12 pm

I just wanted to make sure I had your full attention! I always have extra food, come on over :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust March 4, 2013 at 6:21 pm

What an amazing recipe Aimee! Love your slow cooker meals!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Chocolate Caramel Turtle Cake Roll #chocolatepartyMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 5, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Thanks Dorothy!!

Erin | The Law Student's Wife March 4, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Pork tenderloin is one of my slow cooker BFFs. Your recipe looks like tasty tostada goodness. Keep the dinner ideas coming please!
Erin | The Law Student’s Wife recently posted..The Best Blueberry Coffee CakeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 5, 2013 at 2:17 pm

I love pork tenderloin in the slow cooker, it’s like they are made for eachother!! More dinner ideas coming soon :)

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts March 4, 2013 at 8:34 pm

These look amazing! I did something similar recently, but not with the jerk flavor; what a great idea!! Totally making this next time!
Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts recently posted..Fudgy Salted Caramel Brownies #chocolatepartyMy Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet March 4, 2013 at 8:57 pm

YES we enjoy the dinner recipes! It gives some of us a break from too much sugar! Love the crock pot recipes, makes it easy for me having 4 kids!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Mint Chocolate Chip PancakesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 5, 2013 at 2:19 pm

With four kids, sounds like we have the same life :)

Wendy March 4, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Isn’t the crock pot wonderful! You just can’t get that tender fall apart meat any other way. I also like the Jamaican twist you gave to tostadas. That’s a delicious dinner.
Wendy recently posted..Fig Jam BiscottiMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 5, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Thanks Wendy, I do love my crockpot!

Kalamity Kelli March 4, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Those carnitas look fantastic. I would have NEVER though of making it with oranges! Great idea.
Kalamity Kelli recently posted..How to Smoke Peppers the Easy Way!My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 5, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Thanks Kelli :)

Kathy March 4, 2013 at 9:35 pm

We love Mexican food at our house. I know these would be a hit. They look so good!
Kathy recently posted..Baked Chicken TaquitosMy Profile

Carrie @ Frugal Foodie Mama March 5, 2013 at 8:17 am

This looks & sounds so good! Pinned it to my slow cooker board. :)
Carrie @ Frugal Foodie Mama recently posted..Spiked! ~Irish Cream Recipe Challenge~My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 5, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Thanks for pinning Carrie!!

Andrea March 5, 2013 at 8:52 am

Love this recipe! I think my Hubby would definitely approve if I made this for him!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 5, 2013 at 9:43 am

I love it! And I love that you are sharing week night dinners with us. You have me excited, I actually have pork in my crockpot as we speak. I wish I saw your recipe before I made mine! You have to love the Crockpot!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Diet Mixed Berry SmoothieMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 5, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Glad to hear you enjoy the dinner recipes! I hope your pork dinner turns out well. Although pork and slow cookers are made for eachother!

marcie@flavor the moments March 5, 2013 at 10:18 am

Looks like we both had pulled pork on the brain! I just posted a pulled pork sandwich last night. lol I love that yours are jerk flavored AND tostadas. Pork tenderloins cook so much faster, and that’s always a good thing!
marcie@flavor the moments recently posted..Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Smoky Orange Barbecue SauceMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 5, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Your orange BBQ sauce sounds delicious!!!

Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations March 5, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Ahh…how I miss my slow cooker. This looks soo good!
Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations recently posted..Easy Peanut Butter Bars {No Bake}My Profile

katie March 5, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Stop it… I’m drooling here. This sounds great.. I never give my crock pot enough of a workout during the week. Need to dust it off and let it cook for me!
katie recently posted..Dinner Made Easy Thanks To #HelloFreshMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 6, 2013 at 7:31 am

Mine is quite tired from the workout it gets each week!!

Cassie | Bake Your Day March 5, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Amazing flavors, Aimee! We love pulled pork and I’m intrigued by using a tenderloin, I usually use a pork butt. This sounds so good!
Cassie | Bake Your Day recently posted..Meal Planning 101My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 6, 2013 at 7:33 am

As long as you keep the lid on, it retains the moisture and will result in a nice, tender pulled pork! I but my tenderloins at Costco so I always have some in my freezer!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com March 5, 2013 at 7:03 pm

I love the flavors here, Aimee!! Jerk chicken is one of our favorite way of enjoying tostadas — since we do not eat much pork :)
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Mirepoix Bean SoupMy Profile

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life March 5, 2013 at 10:57 pm

What time is dinner? Those look awesome! Such a great idea to bake the tortillas for healthier tostadas…I’m totally doing that next time!!! Keep the awesome dinners coming!!!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Trick or Treat Tuesday #9My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 6, 2013 at 7:35 am

Consider yourself invited :) I like to bake them because who wants to clean up an oil mess?? Especially if baking them results in nice crispy tostadas!!

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl March 6, 2013 at 12:11 am

I’ve been drooling over these since I saw them on Facebook! I’m definitely adding these to my slow cooker menu – mine has been getting a workout lately and I love it. :-)
Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl recently posted..What’s In Your Kitchen WednesdayMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 6, 2013 at 8:35 am

Thanks Ashley!! Enjoy the recipe!

ashley - baker by nature March 6, 2013 at 10:25 am

I totally want to dive into these tacos right now!
ashley – baker by nature recently posted..Roasted Carrot and Avocado Salad with Sherry – Dijon VinaigretteMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 7, 2013 at 6:27 am

Go right ahead!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint BrowniesMy Profile

Mama B @ My Edible Journey March 6, 2013 at 1:07 pm

This looks wonderful. I need to make up some pork and keep it in the freezer for when a craving for these hits. Thanks for sharing.
Mama B @ My Edible Journey recently posted..Special Banana BreadMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 7, 2013 at 6:28 am

You’re very welcome! Let me know if you try the recipe :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint BrowniesMy Profile

Ashley March 6, 2013 at 1:42 pm

These look wonderful! We absolutely love pulled pork – and I love how simple this is. I really need to use my crockpot more often…
Ashley recently posted..Chocolate Stout Cake with Cream Cheese GlazeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 7, 2013 at 6:29 am

You know the slogan….Just Do It!!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint BrowniesMy Profile

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen March 6, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Great flavors going on here!
Katrina @ In Katrina’s Kitchen recently posted..PicMonkey Mondays: Using OverlaysMy Profile

Shiloh Barkley March 6, 2013 at 7:11 pm

These look great!
Shiloh Barkley recently posted..Eastern NC BBQMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets March 7, 2013 at 6:33 am

Thanks Shiloh!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Chocolate Mint BrowniesMy Profile

Regan @ Cabot Creamery March 8, 2013 at 6:09 am

Wow. This is moving to right to the top of my queue for dinner next week. Yum!

And on behalf of the 1200+ farm families who own Cabot, thanks so much for the mention!! We’re glad you’re enjoying the Light Cheddar (it’s one of my faves too :)

Jessie March 21, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Where can I find the jamaican jerk seasoning? This sounds very yummy!

aimee @ shugarysweets March 21, 2013 at 12:58 pm

McCormick has a Caribbean jerk seasoning that would work just fine. Some grocery stores carry other brands of Jamaican Jerk too.
ENJOY
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Malt Ball Mini Cheesecakes with Chocolate GanacheMy Profile

Leah April 14, 2013 at 11:37 am

If you half the recipe for smaller servings, do you cut the cooking time in half too?

Annie August 29, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Hi, I was wanting to make this recipe for dinner it looks super yummy. I went to the grocery store and I can’t find the Jamaican jerk seasoning. Where can I find it? Thanks!
Annie

Annie August 29, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Hi where can I get the Jamaican Jerk Seasoning? This recipe looks really good. Thanks.

Annie
Annie recently posted..Boston Cream DonutsMy Profile

Sharon August 7, 2014 at 12:12 am

How many calories are in this recipe per serving?

aimee @ shugarysweets August 7, 2014 at 11:18 am

I’m not sure. I don’t use a calorie counter on the blog. But I bet there are some online that you could plug the recipe into to give you the answer. ENJOY!