Enchilada Beef Rollups

by aimee @ shugarysweets on April 25, 2013

Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner. How about making some delicious Enchilada Beef Rollups!

Enchilada Beef Rollups: a delicious dinner that pleases the pasta lovers and mexican food lovers! #cincodemayo @shugarysweets

I seriously could eat Mexican food every single night. My husband loves it too, as do two of my kids. However, two of my children LOVE pasta. I would say they are part Italian, but they’re not.

This dinner made everyone happy! The pasta lovers enjoyed the noodles, and the Mexican lovers enjoyed the spicy sauce! Don’t you love when a single meal can please everyone?

This recipe takes a little extra work because you have to boil your lasagna noodles first. But, you can make this dish in the morning and cook it at dinner time. You can also make it the night before…I get how busy you all are!!

Now, if only my family could agree on their favorite cookie…

Don’t miss a single recipe: connect with Shugary Sweets!

Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Bloglovin’

Enchilada Beef Rollups

Rating: 51

Yield: serves 6-8

• 15 lasagna noodles, cooked
  • 2 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
  • 2 can (10oz) red enchilada sauce, divided
  • 2 1/2 tsp ground cumin, divided
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 8oz cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cup colby jack cheese, shredded

1. Prepare lasagna noodles according to package directions. Lay on large sheets of parchment paper.
  2. Brown beef in large skillet until fully cooked. Drain. Add 1 can enchilada sauce, 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin and mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
  3. In a small bowl, mix softened cream cheese with 1 tsp ground cumin until combined, set aside.
  4. Pour 1/2 can of enchilada sauce in bottom of 13x9 baking dish. Using a small spatula, spread cream cheese mixture over lasagna noodles, using all the cheese until evenly coated. Top with ground beef mixture. Roll up each noodle (don't worry if some falls out) and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat until all 15 noodles are in dish. Spoon leftover meat (that fell out onto the parchment paper) onto the noodles. Top with remaining 1/2 can of enchilada sauce. Finish with 1 cup of colby jack cheese. Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and top with remaining cheese. Heat until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
  5. To garnish, add avocado, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, cilantro, etc! Enjoy!

Want more delicious Cinco de Mayo ideas? Check out my Cinco de Mayo Pinterest board. There you will find dinner ideas, plus some delicious desserts including Churro Cupcakes and Tres Leches Cake. Yum.

Or, visit my list from Cinco de Mayo last year with 4 great dinner ideas plus some Jalapeno Corn Dip!

Cinco de Mayo

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet April 25, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Great idea using the lasagna noodles!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Blueberry White Chocolate PancakesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 26, 2013 at 7:07 am

Thanks Nancy! Portion control :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Enchilada Beef RollupsMy Profile

Eva @ Eva Bakes April 25, 2013 at 2:57 pm

I love that this is a combination of Mexican and Italian foods. Bravo!
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Chocolate cupcakes with mint chocolate chip frostingMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 26, 2013 at 7:08 am

Thanks Eva! It sure was a family crowd pleaser!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Enchilada Beef RollupsMy Profile

Jess @ OnSugarMountain April 25, 2013 at 3:17 pm

I am a pastaholic and the bf is obsessed with enchiladas – Aimee I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect dinner combo :D
Jess @ OnSugarMountain recently posted..Orange Creamsicle TrufflesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 26, 2013 at 7:08 am

Well you’re welcome then! Enjoy Jess.
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Enchilada Beef RollupsMy Profile

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust April 25, 2013 at 4:34 pm

I could eat Mexican food daily too! I think this is going in my repertoire!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Free Printables for Teacher Appreciation Week {If you give a teacher a…}My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 26, 2013 at 7:12 am

Enjoy Dorothy! With just three people you may want to cut the recipe in half….unless you REALLY love leftovers :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Enchilada Beef RollupsMy Profile

Jenn April 25, 2013 at 6:12 pm

I could eat Mexican Food every single night too!!
Jenn recently posted..Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu BakeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 26, 2013 at 7:12 am

Glad I’m not alone in this! Thanks for stopping by Jenn!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Enchilada Beef RollupsMy Profile

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life April 25, 2013 at 7:34 pm

We could eat Mexican food every night too and never get tired of it. These look awesome!!! I’m thinking we need a family get together and have a big Mexican party. Are you in?
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Mocha Chip Cinnamon RollsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 26, 2013 at 7:13 am

Totally in! Sounds like something fun we will be planning this summer! Can we make it a sleepover so you can make the cinnamon rolls in the morning ;)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Enchilada Beef RollupsMy Profile

Joanne @ Fifteen Spatulas April 25, 2013 at 8:47 pm

WOWOWOW. Sorry, I’m so overwhelmed by this recipe and can’t even think of my big girl words to describe how amazing this looks! lol.
Joanne @ Fifteen Spatulas recently posted..Rosemary Bread Crumb Roast Pork LoinMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 26, 2013 at 7:14 am

You crack me up Joanne! Thanks :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Enchilada Beef RollupsMy Profile

Kim Beaulieu April 25, 2013 at 11:30 pm

I have this overwhelming desire to pop by for dinner right about now. This looks wicked good.
Kim Beaulieu recently posted..Coconut Cream Cookie Stacks | Burning Down The Kitchen with Curry and ComfortMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 26, 2013 at 7:15 am

Anytime :) No guarantees there will be any food left!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Enchilada Beef RollupsMy Profile

Marcie@Flavorthemoments April 25, 2013 at 11:56 pm

Love this, Aimee! It’s sheer genius!
Marcie@Flavorthemoments recently posted..Snickerdoodle BarsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 26, 2013 at 7:15 am

Thanks Marcie :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Enchilada Beef RollupsMy Profile

Erika-Southern Souffle April 26, 2013 at 8:54 am

Enchilada Beef Rollups.. Girl these look insane.. Why couldn’t this have been my breakfast.
Erika-Southern Souffle recently posted..The Ginger Julep ’68 FastbackMy Profile

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry April 26, 2013 at 1:16 pm

I could and have eaten Mexican food every single night of the week! What a great recipe.
Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry recently posted..Strawberry Agua FrescaMy Profile

Anne ~ Uni Homemaker April 26, 2013 at 3:46 pm

I love enchiladas so I know I’ll love this. I’m putting this on my to-make list. Thanks for sharing!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com April 26, 2013 at 11:32 pm

There’s something about enchilada’s thats so comforting!
Kiran @ KiranTarun.com recently posted..Citrus Margarita Spring PopsicleMy Profile

Kathy April 27, 2013 at 8:52 pm

This sounds amazing! My kids love enchiladas and pasta so this should be a winner in our house!
Kathy recently posted..Beyond the Kitchen Table – 4/27/2013My Profile

Nutmeg Nanny April 28, 2013 at 9:44 pm

This recipe is fabulous! My husband would would go nuts for this meal :)

Joan@Chocolate and More April 28, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Aimee, I can’t wait to make these! I love lasagna and you just turned enchiladas into mexican lasagna!
Joan@Chocolate and More recently posted..Salted Pistachio Pudding CookiesMy Profile

Meagan @ Scarletta Bakes April 30, 2013 at 10:18 am

I just love what you’ve done here – two family favorites, lasagna and enchiladas, all in one! Brilliant!!
Meagan @ Scarletta Bakes recently posted..PB & J Tres Leches TrifleMy Profile

Karen July 23, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Made this tonight b/c it just plain looked soooo good. Am so glad I pinned it. My kiddos (5,2) loved it and almost licked their plates clean. Thanks for sharing this, we’ll be using it again soon!!

aimee @ shugarysweets July 24, 2013 at 8:54 am

Karen I’m so glad to hear you all enjoyed the recipe! And even your little ones ate it!!

Suzanne August 5, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I made this last night and it was so good. I usually change recipes a smidge but not this one. I brought it to a taste-tester at work and he said it was damn good. I will use this during football season for sure!

Lisa October 16, 2013 at 2:05 pm

I love pasta and I love enchiladas…perfect combo! I think I’ll try using Philly jalapeno cream cheese for some extra heat! Looks delicious!!!!

Jennifer February 8, 2014 at 5:15 pm

I hate when I don’t read the recipe all the way through. I only browned 1 lb of hamburger meat and then couldn’t figure out why my meat mixture was spread thin by roll up #9. LOL Oh well, took left over noodles and made a “clean the fridge out” lasagna for later.