Artichoke Jalapeno Dip

by aimee @ shugarysweets on May 29, 2013

Artichoke Jalapeno Dip: copycat Costco dip, spicy and delish! #copycat #dip

Artichoke Jalapeno Dip: copycat Costco dip, spicy and delish! #copycat #dip

Anyone else do their regular grocery shopping at Costco? School is out for the summer on Friday, which means my kids are like bears out of hibernation. They will eat non stop for the next three months.

Honestly I don’t get it. They can go 5 days a week at school without snacking all day long, but once summer hits they are “STARVING” one hour after breakfast. Then ten minutes after lunch they want popsicles. For the entire neighborhood of course.

Enter…Costco.

Artichoke Jalapeno Dip: copycat Costco dip, spicy and delish! #copycat #dip

Jalapeno Artichoke Dip is one of my favorite Costco splurges (I mean, you don’t count the giant box of Oreos as a splurge right…those are a necessity). Have any of you ever tried this dip? A few years ago they were giving samples and I dutifully bought the container. And pretty much every month I buy a container. Until one day, it dawned on me. I can make this at home.

Okay fine, the only reason it dawned on me that day was because they were sold out, or moved it, or stopped carrying it (GASP!). Regardless, I went in with a taste for my monthly dip, and it was nowhere to be found.

Enter…Aimee’s kitchen. I think this version is pretty darn close to the real thing! Let me know what YOU think. And if you’ve never had it, or don’t have a membership, now you won’t feel left out. Cause you can make it home!

Artichoke Jalapeno Dip: copycat Costco dip, spicy and delish! #copycat #dip

Artichoke Jalapeno Dip: copycat Costco dip, spicy and delish! #copycat #dip

Artichoke Jalapeno Dip

Rating: 51

Yield: serves 6-8

• 1 can (14oz) artichoke hearts, drained
  • 2 jalapenos, seeded
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
  • 6 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt

1. In a food processor, pulse artichoke hearts until chopped. Add jalapenos and pulse until desired consistency. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until fully blended. Spoon into a bowl and serve with pita chips, bagel bites, crackers or veggies! Store in refrigerator for up to one week. ENJOY.

Want more Copycat Recipe ideas? Visit my CopyCat Pinterest Board for some inspiring recipes!

Oatmeal Creme Pies are even better than Little Debbie when made at home! Plus, more for your money!

oatmeal creme pies

Homemade Peppermint Patties: tastes like the real thing!

Peppermint_Patties

Caramel cracker bars that taste like a homemade TWIX candy bar! So easy and delicious.

crackerbars

Connect with Shugary Sweets! I know you want to see behind the scenes…check out my instagram!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Bloglovin’

Kathy May 29, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Sounds delicious! My son has been out of school since Friday and already I feel like the food is disappearing, and he’s only 5!
Kathy recently posted..Peanut Butter FingersMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 29, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Awww too cute.
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Artichoke Jalapeno DipMy Profile

Nora @ Buttercream Fanatic May 29, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Let’s face it: Anything Costco makes is going to be dangerously good. I thought I was safe, since I don’t go to costco very often, but here you go showing me how to make this at home :-) (I’m super excited to try making this for myself)
Nora @ Buttercream Fanatic recently posted..Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 29, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Yep, make it at home!! DO IT. DO IT. DO IT. sorry, I wanted to be the voice inside your head for a second :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Artichoke Jalapeno DipMy Profile

Nora @ Buttercream Fanatic May 30, 2013 at 10:54 am

HAHA! Consider it done. How can I ignore such an adamant voice in my head? :)

Nancy P.@ thebittersideofsweet May 29, 2013 at 5:37 pm

I use Bj’s but there is a Costco in the area. Kids are so funny a out their snacking in the summer. It’s like I have nothing to do so let’s eat! I bet this dip is so good with the artichoke and the jalapeño giving it a little heat! Yum!
Nancy P.@ thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Peach Honey Yogurt SmoothieMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 29, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Hmmm, nothing to do so let’s eat. Yep, that describes me too :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Artichoke Jalapeno DipMy Profile

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar May 29, 2013 at 5:41 pm

This dip looks soooo good!! What a treat!
Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar recently posted..Strawberry Almond SconesMy Profile

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking May 29, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Oh my goodness does that look like creamy-dreamy heaven in a dip! Lovely recipe, Aimee!
Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking recently posted..Avocado Tuna Salad Lettuce WrapsMy Profile

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen May 29, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Well, look-y here! Another savory recipe from Shugarville! LOVE. IT. I love artichoke dips–especially with a little heat! I really need a dollop…now! Seriously…I am making this very, very soon. Can’t wait! Thank you muches for sharing, Aimee! xo
Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen recently posted..Strawberry Shortcake with Mixed Berries {paleo}My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 29, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I know. Savory Shugar? hehe. ENJOY the recipe Stacy!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Artichoke Jalapeno DipMy Profile

nicole @ I am a Honey Bee May 29, 2013 at 7:32 pm

I swear this is crack in that dip because I could eat that entire BUCKET of dip in a weekend.

I need to try this so I can make some self control portions. :-)
nicole @ I am a Honey Bee recently posted..5.24-27: Memorial Day Weekend RecapMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 29, 2013 at 10:24 pm

yeah, it’s so easy to eat. Don’t forget all the calories consumed from the dippers too (pita chips???)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Artichoke Jalapeno DipMy Profile

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust May 29, 2013 at 8:59 pm

OMG I hate the snacking. ALL the time! And our school eats lunch at 11:!5, so at 11:13 every day Jordan will want lunch, then four snacks before dinner. If only she’d eat this…but I’ll save it all for me!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Strawberry Lemon Bellini {with a kid-friendly version}My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 29, 2013 at 10:25 pm

I have a couple of spice loving kids who devour this with me. When I let them ;)
My youngest ate lunch at 11:15 this year too, crazy early. Especially since on the weekends she doesn’t wake up until 10am.
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Artichoke Jalapeno DipMy Profile

Eva @ Eva Bakes May 29, 2013 at 9:50 pm

What an awesome sounding dip!
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Nutella magic cakeMy Profile

Julie @ Table for Two May 29, 2013 at 10:23 pm

This sounds amazing! I love artichoke dip and I can’t wait to try it!
Julie @ Table for Two recently posted..Peanut Butter Sandwich CookiesMy Profile

Sheila May 29, 2013 at 10:51 pm

One of my all time favorites — simply love artichoke and jalepeno and so does my family!
Sheila recently posted..Blackberry-Lemon Ginger Cheesecake Bliss {No Bake}My Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks May 29, 2013 at 11:01 pm

When I first moved to CA about 10 years ago I used to get artichoke jalepeno dip at Vons grocery store and it was private labeled for them. I have never had the Costco one but based on what you wrote, and the pics of your dip, it’s probably the same dip. I had to stop buying it b/c I could inhale a little tub in a sitting. Seriously…I LOVE that dip. SO MUCH! I love spinach and artichoke dip but the artichoke/jalepeno combo trumps! Pinned!
Averie @ Averie Cooks recently posted..Six-Banana Banana BreadMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 30, 2013 at 6:47 am

Thanks for pinning. I totally agree artichoke and jalapenos trump spinach artichoke!!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Artichoke Jalapeno DipMy Profile

Trish - Mom On Timeout May 30, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Um I am totally with you on this one. We buy that dip very regularly and it is CRAZY good. The boys love it on everything :) Can’t wait to give this a try!
Trish – Mom On Timeout recently posted..Poppy Seed Pretzel DogsMy Profile

Ari @ Ari's Menu May 30, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I’ve never even seen an artichoke jalapeno dip! I see spinach artichoke all the time, but I LOVE the addition of jalapenos!
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Jalapeno Popper ChickenMy Profile

PapaLos - The Man, The Chef, The Dad May 30, 2013 at 3:39 pm

I’m more of a BJ’s guy, but I’m always hearing the praises of costco so I’m curious.

And the dip sounds awesome! My wife would love it, she’s a sucker for jalapenos.
PapaLos – The Man, The Chef, The Dad recently posted..Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Ninja Chocolate SmoothieMy Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain May 30, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I’m the same way in the summer – eat a meal then 45 minutes later I’m looking for snacks. :) Artichoke dip would be awesome to have in the house in the summer with some tortilla chips! Never thought to make it myself – def. pinning this for later !
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Chocolate Vanilla Sundae CupcakesMy Profile

Ashley May 30, 2013 at 10:56 pm

This dip sounds incredible!!! We don’t have a Costco close, but my MIL does all her shopping there. I’ll have to have her pick me up some the next time we visit. AND, I thought a three-year-old complaining every hour that his “tummy hurts” (his way of saying he’s hungry) along with the “tummy hurts” jabber of his younger monkey-see-monkey-do brother was bad, I can’t imagine when they become teenagers. I will be shopping in bulk for sure!
Ashley recently posted..Breakfast PizzaMy Profile

Anita at Hungry Couple June 4, 2013 at 9:10 am

HA, just yesterday I posted about recreating a bean salad that we sampled at Costco! :) They do have some yummy stuff…
Anita at Hungry Couple recently posted..Tuscan Bean SaladMy Profile

Nutmeg Nanny June 4, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Oh, I just love artichoke dip :) This one looks amazing!
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Greek Chicken Burgers with Greek Yogurt SauceMy Profile

Shawn @ I Wash You Dry June 17, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Wow, this looks fantastic. I am a total sucker for this dip at Costco. Now that I live over 8 hours away from the closest Costco, this is a gem! :)
Shawn @ I Wash You Dry recently posted..White Chocolate and Fireworks PopcornMy Profile

Jacqueline August 23, 2013 at 9:59 am

I’m so glad I found your site. Amazing recipes. I have never had this dip before, can’t wait to try it.

aimee @ shugarysweets August 23, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Welcome! That dip is awesome. And addicting. And perfect to impress others :)

Meghan December 4, 2013 at 11:35 pm

I love that dip!! I am looking forward to trying yours. Is this one that I could put in a little crockpot dipper and serve warm??

Dawn January 2, 2014 at 6:46 pm

I went to Costco to buy this dip as it my families ultimate fav only to NOT find it there…horror! Why do they do that?! I am going to try this tonight!! Tx for posting

Bthosath February 2, 2014 at 1:38 am

Or…how about when it’s Super Bowl time and you don’t want to go NEAR Costco! Thanks for the recipe- we had to have it for our party!!

aimee @ shugarysweets February 2, 2014 at 8:05 am

Ahhhh so true!!! Enjoy the dip!!

mike April 17, 2014 at 1:01 pm

yeah, costco….it is becoming more difficult for me to shop there because they are constantly discontinuing products. like this one. gone never to return.

Billy August 14, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Just made this recipe following the directions exactly. The amount of salt made me nearly choke. I almost threw the whole thing away, but decided to try and save it by adding 8 oz of cream cheese and a can of spinach. It’s now edible, but still too salty. If I were to make it again, I’d leave out all the salt AND the mayo, possibly leave out the garlic salt, and increase the cream cheese to 8 oz instead of 6. And in case any of you are wondering, I love salty foods – chips, crackers, etc. This was just WAY too much.

aimee @ shugarysweets August 14, 2014 at 8:25 pm

My first question would be did you use kosher salt or table salt? There is quite a difference! And I have noticed some brands of garlic salt are saltier than others too! We make this all the time and have never really thought it to be salty! Sorry!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..School Morning QuicheMy Profile

Andrea September 17, 2014 at 1:36 pm

I didn’t know they stopped selling this at Costco. This is one of my favorites and can only buy on certain occasions because I have no self control with this dip. I am def going to try your version and make it a little healthier with low fat cream cheese and mayo :) less guilt :)