Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies

Rich, fudgy Brownies filled with peanut butter morsels and topped with a fluffy peanut butter frosting. Loads of chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups make this the ultimate, classic holiday dessert!

Fudgy Chocolate Brownies with Reese's PB morsels, fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting and chopped Reese's PB Cups!

Today I’ve joined up with some of my friends to share some Reese’s and Hershey’s holiday treats. At the end of today’s post, check out some of these delicious recipes for your holiday baking!

Christmas baking with Hershey Kisses and Reese's PB Cups!

But first, let’s talk chocolate and peanut butter. It’s a classic pairing. I don’t know about you, but when there is a cookie tray for the holiday set out on a table, it seems the chocolate peanut butter desserts ALWAYS go first.

Or is it my imagination? Am I the only one wishing people would snatch those fruitcake slices and leave more brownies for me?

Some other classics?

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.  Miracle on 34th Street (the original of course). White Christmas. A Christmas Story.

And of course, Yogi Bear’s First Christmas.

Yes, it’s by far my favorite Christmas cartoon! Have you seen it? I wish it would be shown every day during the holidays!

What are some of YOUR favorite holiday movies?

Love Actually, ELF, and Home Alone are always some of the most viewed in our house this time of year!

But, let’s talk about those cookie trays? If you’re looking for a delicious dessert that will be the talk of the cookie exchange, trust me when I tell you to make these brownies!

The chocolate, fudgy brownies on their own are delicious. I added some Reese’s peanut butter morsels for that extra crunch in the brownies (tell me YOU love chocolate chips or PB morsels in your brownies too???).

I then topped these brownies with a light fluffy peanut butter frosting. If that wasn’t enough for you, the extra Reese’s peanut butter cups on top are sure satisfy that holiday sweet tooth!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies

Yield: 16 brownies

Rich fudgy chocolate brownies topped with creamy peanut butter frosting and chopped Reese's peanut butter cups. The ultimate dessert!

For the Brownies:
  • 6 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 10oz peanut butter morsels
  • For the Frosting:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 Tbsp skim milk
  • 24 Reese's peanut butter cups miniatures, chopped

1. For the brownies, preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
  2. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine unsweetened chocolate with butter. Melt on high heat for 30 second intervals, stirring after each addition (about 90 seconds total).
  3. Add sugar and stir until combined. Add eggs, one at a time until fully incorporated. Mix in flour completely. Fold in the peanut butter morsels.
  4. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting. Brownies will be soft and fudgy! Refrigerate brownies before frosting to help them firm up!
  5. For the frosting, beat butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk for 5 minutes using an electic mixer with whisk attachment on medium high. Spread over cooled brownies. Top with chopped Reese's peanut butter cups. Cut into bars and enjoy! Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

Be sure to check out some of the other recipes being shared today!

Looking for more Reese’s desserts?

Fluffernutter Krispie Treats

Fluffernutter Rice Krispie Treats: peanut butter and marshmallow for another classic treat!

Peanut Butter Cookie Bars

Peanut Butter Cookie Bars: topped with a peanut butter ganache and Reese’s cups and pieces!!

44 Responses to “Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies”

1. posted Dec 2, 2013 at 3:45 am

Aimee they look incredible! PB, choc, PB cups, this is music to my ears. I love all things PB :) pinned

• posted Dec 3, 2013 at 7:49 am

Thanks Averie for pinning!! I’m pretty sure with the amount of peanut butter YOU would love it :)

2. posted Dec 2, 2013 at 6:35 am

Well I’ve got to pin these! Can’t imagine anything that tastes better! And Elf is my favorite movie!

3. posted Dec 2, 2013 at 9:40 am

I have no words for these. Wow!
    These would definitely be the first to go! They’re so pretty with all the layers and different textures and then, they’re chocolate and peanut butter! Drooling. You nailed this one!

• posted Dec 3, 2013 at 7:42 am

Aww thanks Mary Frances!! You always make me smile with your comments :)

4. posted Dec 2, 2013 at 10:45 am

These are so amazing I want to eat the screen!! Chocolate and peanut butter are a great combination!!

• posted Dec 3, 2013 at 7:41 am

I highly advise you not to eat the screen but make brownies instead 😉

5. posted Dec 2, 2013 at 12:38 pm

You’re right…the chocolate/peanut butter items are always the first to go – and with good reason! These brownies look like perfection, Aimee!

6. posted Dec 2, 2013 at 1:58 pm

7. posted Dec 2, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Love the peanut butter overload! And after reading this, I realize I have a list of Christmas movies I need to watch!

8. posted Dec 2, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Love how rich and fudgy these brownies look! Can’t go wrong stuffing brownies with pb cups and topping them with more pb!

9. posted Dec 2, 2013 at 4:10 pm

All I want to do right now is face plant into a pan of these brownies…forget the diet! I need these for sure!!! Holy yum!

• posted Dec 3, 2013 at 7:38 am

I would love to see you face plant into the brownies, hehe!!!!

10. posted Dec 2, 2013 at 8:03 pm

For me, this recipe has all the right ingredients, since I love peanut butter cups and chocolate. This brownie recipe is what I would call perfect because it has all the right flavors and just enough of each. Thanks.

11. posted Dec 2, 2013 at 9:27 pm

These brownies look totally decadent. Love them!
    And this is a fabulous round up you assembled. :)

• posted Dec 3, 2013 at 7:36 am

I can’t take credit for assembling it, but I definitely am in good company! Thanks for stopping by Abbie!

12. posted Dec 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm

These look amazing, and I know they taste amazing. Anything with that many peanut butter cups can not taste bad :)

13. posted Dec 3, 2013 at 12:16 pm

You’re just killin’ me with those brownies. Amazing! One Christmas show I never skip is Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas. It cracks me up!

• posted Dec 3, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Ooh, I’ll have to check into that one, never saw it!!

14. posted Dec 3, 2013 at 12:29 pm

I’m a crazy Reese’s lover and THESE BROWNIES omg they’re heaven

15. posted Dec 3, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Wow, these look incredible! Anything with peanut butter and chocolate gets my attention!

16. posted Dec 3, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Wow! I’m sure my family would love these! They look incredible!

17. posted Dec 4, 2013 at 6:45 am

I like everything that contains peanut butter that is why I am sure that these cookies are really tasty. Peanut butter is such a universal product that can add specific flavor almost to any dish.

18. posted Dec 4, 2013 at 1:12 pm

This is my favorite way to make brownies….loaded up with peanut butter cups! Gorgeous!

19. posted Dec 4, 2013 at 1:40 pm

I can almost taste these through the computer!! Love it!

20. posted Dec 4, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I can’t even finish typing right now…I’m so in love with these brownies!

21. posted Dec 4, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Possibly the most awesome idea ever to have a party with Kisses and Reese’s – brilliant! Love these brownies Aimee!

22. posted Dec 5, 2013 at 12:34 pm

peanut butter and chocolate is the best combination in desserts, in my opinion! these brownies look SO good and I love how thick and mile-high they are!

23. Rahwa
    posted Dec 8, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I’m going to make these for my cousin’s birthday next week, she loves brownies but I think she’ll like these even more!

Regarding the brownie recipe, does it call for 6oz of chocolate? I just want to make sure I’m not reading it wrong.

• posted Dec 10, 2013 at 7:06 am

That’s correct. But it’s the UNSWEETENED chocolate! ENJOY.

24. posted Dec 9, 2013 at 9:27 pm

I’m a big fan of anything peanut butter + chocolate!! These look so YUMMY!

25. Kathy
    posted Dec 25, 2013 at 11:12 am

Does anyone actually comment AFTER making these recipes? I also was excited to try them as they look AhhhMAZING! However, I was really disappointed after baking them. I put them in the 325 oven for 45 minutes and when I took them out, they were still almost liquid in the middle. I ended up baking them an extra 30+ minutes just trying to get the middle part to bake. Fortunately it didn’t burn with the parchment in the bottom but not sure what I did wrong as I followed the instructions exactly with the exception that I may have had a tiny bit more of chocolate than it called for.

• posted Dec 27, 2013 at 7:22 am

Hmmm, I’m sorry they didn’t turn out for you. I’ve used this brownie base in many many recipes with much success. It’s definitely a more fudgy brownie vs cakey. Adding more melted chocolate could throw off the texture, but it definitely should not have needed another 30 minutes to bake!

26. Pingback: Foodies Network » Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies