These Strawberry Almond Bars have a crunchy almond crust, chewy strawberry filling, and a creamy cheesecake topping. Perfect for holidays or weekend brunches!
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe is Best
These bars have the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
The almond crust gives a salty crunch, while the strawberry filling provides a sweet chewy texture! And let’s not forget about the scrumptious cheesecake piping on top with sliced almonds!
While it may just look average, these Strawberry Almond Bars are a true treat when you dig into the them.
- THREE layers of delicious flavors go into this dessert.
- Big strawberry flavor and plenty of nuttiness from the almonds.
- Makes 24 bars so it’s great for sharing with friends and family.
These bars remind of us our reader favorite Almond Bars.
- Unsalted Butter – We prefer to use unsalted butter in our recipes; it makes it easier to control the saltiness factor. It’s fine to swap in salted butter if that’s what you have on hand.
- Ground Almonds – This goes into the dough for the crust of the bars. You can buy almond meal or you can pulse almonds in a food processor or blender until ground.
- Strawberry Preserves – Use your favorite brand or try our homemade strawberry jam.
- Cream Cheese – Full fat cream cheese has the best flavor for the top layer. It should be softened on the counter before using in the recipe.
- Almond Extract – This adds the unmistakable almond flavor to the cheesecake topping. Use pure extract, not artificial flavoring, for best results.
- Sliced Almonds – These get added to the cheesecake layer that goes on top of the bars. The packaged slivered almonds or sliced almonds work perfectly.
Step 1. Make the crust. Combine the melted butter with the flour, powdered sugar and ground almonds. Mix until crumbly then press into the bottom of 13×9 baking dish.
Step 2. Add the filling. Spread the strawberry preserves across the crust, being careful not to touch the sides of the pan.
Step 3. Make the cheesecake topping. Beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and almond extract until smooth. Spoon it into a pastry bag and drizzle in diagonal lines on top of the strawberry preserves. Sprinkle the sliced almonds evenly over the top of the bars.
Step 4. Bake and cool. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned. Cool completely then enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- You can lightly wet your fingertips with water to help you press the crumbly crust into the pan without it sticking to you.
- Full-fat cream cheese will give you the best flavor for the cheesecake topping. It also helps to use the cream cheese that comes in blocks, not tubs.
- Toast the nuts for the top of the bars prior to using for extra flavor.
- A plastic disposable knife can help you cut the bars and get clean lines. A regular knife works too, but you might need to wipe it between cuts to get the clean lines.
Leftover bars should be stored, covered, in the refrigerator. They will keep for 3-4 days. They taste great cold straight from the fridge!
Yes, they freeze great! Once baked and cooled, cut into squares and place on a cookie sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and slide the bars into a freezer safe gallon sized ziploc bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and enjoy!
Sure! You can replace the strawberry preserves with a different fruit or a combination of two types of preserves.
More Nutty Recipes
Looking for more recipes like this? These Strawberry Cheesecake Napoleons are a wonderful treat and can be prepped in advance.
Or try my favorite Strawberry Pecan Salad recipe. It’s a copycat version of Panera Bread’s salad, and a perfect dish to share or eat it up all by yourself!
Looking for something a little more rich and chocolaty? These Chocolate Almond Cheesecake Parfaits might be just the answer. A crunchy chocolate almond crust paired with rich, decadent cheesecake filling is an indulgent treat!
More Easy Desserts
- Lemon Hand Pies
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Carrot Bundt Cake
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- More Dessert Recipes
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section below!
Strawberry Almond Bars
For the crust:
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup ground almonds
For the Filling:
- ¾ cup strawberry preserves
For the topping:
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter with flour, powdered sugar, and ground almonds. Mix until crumbly. Press into the bottom of 13×9 baking dish.
- Spread the strawberry preserves into the bottom of the crust, being careful not to touch the sides of the pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with powdered sugar and almond extract until smooth. Spoon it into a pastry bag (I used tip 48) and make diagonal lines onto the top of the strawberry preserves. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until crust is lightly browned. Cool completely. Refrigerate until ready to serve. ENJOY!
- To freeze, allow bars to cool completely. Cut into squares and place on a cookie sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and slide them into a freezer safe gallon sized ziploc bag. Freeze until ready to enjoy. Thaw in refrigerator and enjoy!