Skinny Caramel Mocha

by aimee @ shugarysweets on January 15, 2014

Not only is this Skinny Caramel Mocha easy to make, but it’s low in calories too! No need to stop at the coffee shop, enjoy one of these at home today!!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Skinny Caramel Mocha: less than 150 calories for a big mug, make it home and save money!

It’s no secret that I am a coffee addict. No matter what you tell me, I refuse to give it up.

I used to be a Diet Coke AND coffee addict, but due to a severe migraine issue I have finally given up all soda (and sugar-free products).

But back to coffee.  It’s not just the taste I enjoy (which I DO love), it’s the act of sitting down with a fresh cup of coffee and good book. Or work. Or TV.

I love the smell, the taste, the sound of coffee brewing. It’s the whole experience.

While I do love the occasional Starbuck’s Mocha or Caramel Macchiato, I struggle with paying those prices. I would much rather invest in better brands of coffee to brew at home.

I normally drink my coffee with a small splash of cream. Flavored creams usually, but I’m making my own occasionally.

Sometimes though, an mocha is what I crave! And if it has caramel? More power to it! Today, I am sharing this easy to make, skinny caramel mocha recipe.

Here is a breakdown of the calorie count, using the brands of products for this recipe (calories may vary depending on brands):

• 20 calories: Kroger Caramel ice cream topping
  • 30 calories: Rodelle gourmet cocoa powder
  • 20 calories: Domino organic light agave nectar
  • 5    calories: strong brewed coffee
  • 40 calories: Kroger Fat Free organic milk
  • OPTIONAL: 35 calories: extra caramel topping and 2 Tbsp Kroger extra creamy whipped cream

For a grand total of 115 calories per large mug or 150 calories per large mug with whipped cream and extra caramel sauce (YUM).

This mocha isn’t as sweet as a coffee house mocha, but the extra whipped cream and caramel do add a bit more sweetness! You can also add more agave nectar to sweeten if you like!!

Yes, this is the perfect skinny drink for my next splurge!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Skinny Caramel Mocha

Yield: 1 large mug (about 12 ounces

Delicious, skinny Caramel Mocha made at home for under 150 calories!

• 1 tsp caramel sauce
  • 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 Tbsp hot water
  • 1 tsp light agave nectar
  • 8oz strong brewed coffee
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • Optional garnish:
  • 2 Tbsp whipped cream
  • 1 tsp caramel sauce

1. In a large mug, add caramel sauce, cocoa powder and hot water, combine with a spoon. Add agave nectar. Pour brewed coffee over mixture and stir until combined.
  2. In a small mug, heat skim milk in microwave for about one minute (until steamed, microwave times may vary). Pour hot milk over coffee mixture, giving a quick stir.
  3. Garnish with whipped cream and caramel sauce if desired (highly recommended)!

Love coffee drinks? I also love a good cold coffee milkshake:

caramel-coffee-milkshakes-1

Caramel Coffee Milkshakes: refreshing, delicious, and easy to make at home!

nutella-coffee-milkshake-2

Nutella Coffee Milkshakes: coffee and nutella are a perfect pair!

Proof of my Coffee Addiction: a whole pinterest board dedicated to My Love of Coffee!

More Coffee recipes from my blog friends:

steph@stephsbitebybite January 15, 2014 at 8:06 am

Making this for my afternoon treat today!

Melanie @ Carmel Moments January 15, 2014 at 8:06 am

I am in love with mochas lately! Maybe I’ll go make it for breakfast right now. Yum!
Melanie @ Carmel Moments recently posted..Cheesy Scalloped PotatoesMy Profile

Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection January 15, 2014 at 8:17 am

My mouth is watering. This needs to be in my possession ASAP!
Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection recently posted..Detox Quinoa SaladMy Profile

Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness January 15, 2014 at 8:24 am

Only 115 calories?! This ROCKS! I love caramel mochas but 1. I can’t justify the expense and 2. I can’t justify the calories!
I love that I can my mocha for free and it will keep my waistline happy!
Taylor @ FoodFaithFitness recently posted..Crockpot Chipotle Pulled Pork Sandwiches With Avocado Ranch Sauce {Whole Wheat}My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 15, 2014 at 7:17 pm

Yes indeed!!! Enjoy Taylor!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel January 15, 2014 at 8:39 am

Seriously wish I had a cup of this right now!!
Rachel @ Baked by Rachel recently posted..Maple Bacon DonutsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 15, 2014 at 7:16 pm

I wish you had some too :)

Sylvia January 15, 2014 at 9:35 am

I too am a coffee addict and love the whole experience. When I open a new container of coffee, I can’t resist getting really close so I can inhale that first whiff. Many years ago I gave up sugar in my coffee, but just can’t let go of the half and half. I love Starbucks Caramel Macchiato when I want a sweet drink, but also hate spending that much or consuming so many calories in one cup. This Skinny Caramel Mocha will be perfect to satisfy me when I want to indulge.
Sylvia recently posted..Grilled Boneless Pork Sirloin Chops with Brown Sugar RubMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 15, 2014 at 7:15 pm

ENjoy Sylvia, Nice to know there are other coffee sniffers out there :)

Karly January 15, 2014 at 10:31 am

Love this!
Karly recently posted..What’s Cookin’ Wednesday #51My Profile

Tanya January 15, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Looks good. Even better for only 150 calories. I know what kind of coffee I will make tomorrow morning :)
Tanya recently posted..Keys to Attracting Top TalentMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 15, 2014 at 7:13 pm

ENJOY Tanya!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction January 15, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I really wish I were sipping one of these right now!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction recently posted..Whole Wheat Honey Oat BreadMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 15, 2014 at 7:10 pm

I wish you were too :)

Mary Frances January 15, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Whipped cream is a must! I could drink a mug of that stuff. I think my body would appreciate this more! ;) I love it looks so decadent, but it skinny!
Mary Frances recently posted..Salted SnickerdoodlesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 15, 2014 at 7:09 pm

I love the whipped cream on it too…makes it a bit sweeter!

Jennie @themessybakerblog January 15, 2014 at 2:09 pm

I’m all about a guilt-free coffee at home that doesn’t cost a fortune. This looks wonderful!

aimee @ shugarysweets January 15, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Thanks Jennie!! Guilt free coffee is the best, especially if you can stay in your PJ’s to enjoy it!

Cindy January 15, 2014 at 4:18 pm

I gave up soda/diet soda as well last spring, but I can’t give up my coffee!!! This looks delicious, I’ll have to try it. You are cranking out awesome recipes today :-)

aimee @ shugarysweets January 15, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Thanks Cindy, definitely give it a try!!

Rochelle @ Oh So Sweet Baker January 15, 2014 at 7:33 pm

I’m soo needing this caramel mocha right now!
Rochelle @ Oh So Sweet Baker recently posted..Dark and Stormy Caramelised Pineapple + New CameraMy Profile

Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon January 15, 2014 at 9:22 pm

The perfect afternoon pick me up coffee drink! Pinned!
Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon recently posted..Crock Pot Banana Bread OatmealMy Profile

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor January 15, 2014 at 10:01 pm

I could dive right into this cup! That whipped cream and caramel is calling my name!
Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor recently posted..Stitch Fix – January 2014 ReviewMy Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet January 16, 2014 at 10:55 am

I am seriously in need of one of these today!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..20+ Smoothie RecipesMy Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain January 17, 2014 at 11:01 am

Oooo now this would help me with two resolutions: healthier eating and less $$ spent on coffee! IT’S A SIGN FROM THE LORDS OF CAFFEINE! All hail the skinny caramel mocha! ;)
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Will Be Back in One WeekMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets January 19, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Haha, the lords of caffeine! LOVE it.

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen January 20, 2014 at 9:42 am

Seriously I adore coffee. It is a full on addiction. I just love this recipe :)
Katrina @ In Katrina’s Kitchen recently posted..Strawberry Chantilly CocktailsMy Profile

Fynette January 20, 2014 at 9:17 pm

I do not have a wesite but I do have a question, what is agave nectar and where do I buy it? I alsoam acoffee lover, drink off and on all day. Thanks Fynette

Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking January 21, 2014 at 9:43 am

I’m in love with coffee! And it’s not just the act of drinking it, it’s the smell that lures me in. Now, if only I had one of these caramel mocha near by
Roxana | Roxana’s Home Baking recently posted..Reese’s pieces double chocolate cookies recipeMy Profile

Nutmeg Nanny January 22, 2014 at 12:33 pm

I would never be able to give up coffee either, I agree, the whole experience is wonderful. This looks divine :)
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Spicy Penne alla Vodka {11 piece Anolon Cookware Giveway}My Profile

Mariana @The Candid Kitchen February 9, 2014 at 7:36 pm

That looks like a proper treat! I had one of those in a coffee shop not long ago and was wondering if I could make it at home