Watermelon Peach Salsa

by aimee @ shugarysweets on August 24, 2014

My love for the farmer’s market inspired this delicious Watermelon Peach Salsa. Pair it with some fresh Pure Leaf Iced Tea, and summer will never end. I hope.

**today’s post is sponsored by Pure Leaf Iced Tea, all opinions are 100% my own**

Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!

Watermelon Peach Salsa: enjoy the fresh sweet fruit in this salsa with a kick! A winning combo!

I have recently become obsessed with the local farmer’s market. The smells. The people watching. The “local” feel of supporting each other. The fresh fruits and vegetables.

And the homemade hot empanadas. Oh the empanadas. I wake up on Saturday mornings thinking about them. Craving them.

But I digress.

The farmer’s market fruits and veggies inspired today’s recipe. Well actually my friend Kim inspired this recipe. A few weeks ago she brought over a watermelon mango salsa. I was skeptical about the watermelon, but after one bite I knew I had to make this.

Using my strawberry salsa recipe as a base. I got to work.

And by work, I mean, went to the farmer’s market. I intended to create a watermelon mango salsa, but after walking around, I realized how insanely popular the peaches were. And after purchasing a big bag full, and tasting how sweet and juicy they are, I knew I would use peaches in my salsa.

I am so happy with how this recipe turned out. The fresh jalapenos and red onion give this salsa enough “kick” while the fruits give the heat some balance with sweetness.

And of course, pairing this salsa with my favorite beverage (no, not coffee)…Pure Leaf Iced Tea made a delicious snack. I love the fresh brewed (never bitter) taste of the Unsweetened Iced Tea. Fortunately for me, my Costco sells this by the case! You may remember last month I made some Sweet Tea Slushies with Pure Leaf Sweet Tea. So refreshing!

Help Pure Leaf Share the Love of Leaves! The real brewed iced tea brand has made a $100,000 donation to Wholesome Wave, a nonprofit that focuses on making fresh, healthy, locally grown food affordable and accessible to all, and now you can get involved and make a difference in your community by helping to bring Pure Leaf’s total donation to $150,000.

For every social engagement from fans on Pure Leaf’s Facebook or Tumblr, and use of the #loveofleaves hashtag on Instagram and Twitter, Pure Leaf will donate an additional $1, up to $50,000, for a grand total donation of $150,000. This will help provide 100,000 pounds of locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables for communities nationwide. Let’s raise those numbers and max out the donation!! Will YOU help?

Also, visit TheLoveOfLeaves.com for recipes, household tips, DIY projects and daily inspiration, all while keeping an eye on how the campaign donations add up!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Watermelon Peach Salsa

Yield: 4 cup salsa

• 2 cup diced watermelon (no seeds)
  • 1 small red onion, diced
  • 2 peaches, peeled and diced
  • 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
  • 3/4 tsp kosher salt
  • pinch of black pepper
  • 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, snipped

1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Refrigerate for an hour to let the flavors mingle. Serve with chips and enjoy!

Notes

**also makes a great topping on fish!!**

**Today’s recipe is sponsored by Pure Leaf Iced Tea. While I was compensated for recipe development, all opinions about the product are 100% my own!**

Mariska August 24, 2014 at 8:17 am

What a great idea! It looks really yummy!
Mariska recently posted..Zoete aardappel met quinoa en blauwe kaasMy Profile

Sues August 24, 2014 at 10:23 am

I love the idea of this salsa and wish summer didn’t have to end so soon!!
Sues recently posted..Spicy Brunch Bloody Mary Turkey BurgersMy Profile

Laura @ Raise Your Garden August 25, 2014 at 7:32 am

Agreed, missing summer already. But sometimes I feel like I can “bring summer back” with summery recipes like this…even in winter. That and put up a few plastic palm trees.
Laura @ Raise Your Garden recently posted..The Return of the MonarchsMy Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks August 24, 2014 at 10:24 am

I have one more watermelon recipe yet this season because I accidentally bought this HUGE watermelon, I made some drinks out of it…I am LOVING this salsa, Aimee! I would babysit this til it was gone, all mine, done :) Pinned!

aimee @ shugarysweets August 25, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Dude, we seriously eat about 3 watermelons each week. It would be more than that, seeing that one watermelon is gone in one sitting. It’s crazy, and I’m partly to blame as I eat a third of it while cutting it up. I am obsessed. Thanks for pinning :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Watermelon Peach SalsaMy Profile

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet August 24, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Oooo! This salsa sounds fantastic! I can’t get enough of peaches and watermelon this summer and this would be the perfect way to enjoy them even more! Pinned!
Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet recently posted..Raspberry Lemon MuffinsMy Profile

Julie Blanner August 24, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Looks so light and refreshing! Lots of flavors!
Julie Blanner recently posted..How to Cook ScallopsMy Profile

Matt August 25, 2014 at 12:46 am

I could probably eat this by the spoonful, love the combination of fruits!

aimee @ shugarysweets August 25, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Thanks Matt. This salsa definitely has the potential to be spoon eaten!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Watermelon Peach SalsaMy Profile

Mir August 25, 2014 at 6:52 am

Oh, so good…I just want to hold on to the salsa and summer flavors forever! This one is so great!
Mir recently posted..Vegan Chocolate CakeMy Profile

Carla August 25, 2014 at 8:33 am

I’m still trying to find a farmer’s market I love! Usually they are tiny with only a few booths, which is fine but then I don’t seem to find a whole lot of what I want. Never thought of pairing together watermelon and peaches, so I may need to hurry and make this before summer is over!
Carla recently posted..Buttermilk Ice CreamMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets August 25, 2014 at 2:45 pm

We have two big farmer’s markets around here that we love. But usually only go to the one because of the empanadas. Yeah, they’re that good.
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Watermelon Peach SalsaMy Profile

Jessica | Saucy Pear August 25, 2014 at 8:49 am

YES! Someone else resisting the urge to go all fall-ish! Bring on the watermelon and peaches for as long as possible, as far as I’m concerned :)
Jessica | Saucy Pear recently posted..Roasted Corn and Potato Chowder with BaconMy Profile

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life August 25, 2014 at 9:24 am

I do love going to the Farmer’s Market for all the fresh fruits and veggies. What a fun way to dress up a salsa for those chicken and fish dinners! And that Pure Leaf Tea is really so good!!!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Pumpkin S’mores BarsMy Profile

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction August 25, 2014 at 9:52 am

I love fruit salsas! This looks so good!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction recently posted..Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookie BarsMy Profile

Tonia Larson August 25, 2014 at 9:55 am

I’ve made fruit salsa lots of times but never thought to put watermelon in it! Sounds delicious!
Tonia Larson recently posted..Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped MeatballsMy Profile

Cookbook Queen August 25, 2014 at 10:32 am

It’s SO hot here right now, this looks like the perfect, refreshing snack!
Cookbook Queen recently posted..Cookies and Cream BarsMy Profile

Debra @ Worth Cooking August 25, 2014 at 11:19 am

Love the idea of spicy watermelon! This looks fantastic.
Debra @ Worth Cooking recently posted..Spanish QuinoaMy Profile

Rochelle @ Oh So Sweet Baker August 25, 2014 at 6:59 pm

I am loving the sound of this refreshing salsa!
Rochelle @ Oh So Sweet Baker recently posted..Berry Iced Tea PopsMy Profile

Heather @ Shards of Lavender August 25, 2014 at 8:16 pm

This salsa sounds like the perfect treat, especially since we’re having some sort of a heat wave here! Our farmer’s market is REALLY small and I’m pretty sure they don’t have empanadas. Sounds like a future recipe from you?
Heather @ Shards of Lavender recently posted..Easy Homemade Pizza Dough RecipeMy Profile

Amanda August 26, 2014 at 9:22 pm

This looks so awesome!!

Barb September 8, 2014 at 10:20 am

Love the sound of this. My 2 favorite fruits. Not a fan of cilantro. Any substitutions?

aimee @ shugarysweets September 10, 2014 at 4:34 pm

You can just keep the cilantro out :)