Cake Batter Blondies
Chewy and butter-rich Cake Batter Blondies are so easy to make! Don’t forget to top them with the sweet cake batter frosting too for an over the top dessert!
Be sure to sign up for my free email subscription…new recipes in your inbox
Sometimes I get a little overzealous when it comes to a good sale at the grocery store. I find myself buying things that normally don’t end up in my cart.
And not just buying one or two…but I am a sucker for the 10 for $10 trap. Even though I can just buy one for $1, I am instantly throwing 10 of whatever (cake mixes, chips, granola bars, etc) into my cart.
I then get home and have buyers regret. Not because we won’t eventually eat these items, but because I have no place to STORE all these items.
If you’ve been coming to the blog for any period of time here, you’ll know I prefer to bake from scratch. But I don’t mind every once in awhile to grab a box mix of brownie or cake mix and doctor it up a little bit. Sometimes that’s part of the challenge!
Another thing I like to do is add cake mix (or brownie mix) to other recipes. For instance, this Cake Batter Fudge has dry cake mix added in to give it a butter-rich, chewy texture! Or this Frosted S’mores Brownie Fudge with dry brownie mix added in to give it a fun chocolate-y flavor!
Today’s recipe for Cake Batter Blondies is crazy easy. And like a cake, I HAD to add frosting to the top of this sweet, chewy treat. ENJOY!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Cake Batter Blondies
Yield: 16 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 22-25 minutes
For the blondies:
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
For the frosting:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp yellow cake mix
- 2 Tbsp sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar with melted butter. Add in egg, vanilla and salt. Mix until blended. Add in flour and cake mix, stirring JUST until combined. Fold in sprinkles.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- While blondies are cooling, prepare the frosting. Beat butter with milk, powdered sugar, and yellow cake mix. Once smooth, spread over cooled blondies. Add sprinkles. (I used a combination of fun sprinkles and rainbow chips). ENJOY!
If you like today’s blondie recipe…check these out:
Nutella Blondies: chewy blondies with thick swirls of creamy Nutella!
Maple Bacon Blondies: if you’ve never enjoyed bacon in your sweets…give this one a try! I promise it’s amazing.
Macadamia Nut Blondies: your favorite cookie is now a chewy blondie!
Be sure to check out these recipes from my friends:
- Cinnamon Sugar Blondies from Buns in my Oven
- White Chocolate Blondies from Lil Luna
- Butterscotch Blondies from Jens Favorite Cookies
- No Fail Blondies from Inspired Taste
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**