Looking for a treat that’s delicious, yet easy enough to whip up in minutes? These Chocolate Chip Snicker’s Bars take just minutes to bake with four ingredients! The perfect dessert for busy bakers and Snickers candy lovers alike.
Why this Recipe Works
Everyone knows cookie bars are easier than drop and bake cookies. So why not give these SNICKERS bars a try next.
- You only need four ingredients to make Chocolate Chip Snickers Bars!
- The chocolate chip cookie crust bakes quickly in the oven. When it’s done you just spread on the toppings and pop it in the fridge.
- Chocolate, peanut and caramel are the stars of the show here! The chocolate chip cookie dough crust acts as a deliciously sweet and chewy vehicle for enjoying the classic Snickers candies.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough. To keep things easy, we used a refrigerated ready made cookie dough. Go ahead and swap it out for homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie dough if you like.
- Snickers bars. It’s easiest to use the mini size bars that come in pouches and are already unwrapped. Full size bars or the wrapped mini bars work too! You’ll need to unwrap them and chop them into small pieces with a sharp knife.
- To complete your 4 ingredient dessert bars, you’ll also need a can of sweetened condensed milk and some milk chocolate morsels.
Bake the cookie dough:
Spread the dough into a greased baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes and let it cool a bit.
Add the snickers topping:
Melt the chocolate morsels with sweetened condensed milk in the microwave. Spread this mixture evenly over the cookie crust.
Sprinkle with the chopped snickers immediately. Refrigerate for about 2 hours or up to overnight.
Cut into bars and serve.
Tips and Tricks
- Substitutions. Feel free to swap about the Snickers for another favorite candy bar. This recipe is delicious with Milky Ways, Twix Bars, Reese’s cups and so much more.
- These bars are rich and fudgy. Serve with a glass of cold milk or strong coffee to complement the sweetness.
- Store bars in an airtight container at room temperature. They’re also if stored in the fridge and eaten cold!
- Freezer friendly! Got leftovers? Store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge overnight before serving.
- Use our Nestle toll house cookie recipe for the base!
I cut my snickers chocolate chip bars after chilling. This gives the fudge layer time to set up and hold its shape when you slice it.
You sure can, if you love the taste of dark chocolate. You can even use white chocolate in this recipe. We support chocolate in all of its forms here!
You can make cookie bars as many as 3 days in advance. I like to prep them the day before serving and let them set up overnight. If you do that, make sure to cover the pan with plastic wrap or foil to prevent them from drying out.
I use a 30 oz package of cookie dough. This is about the equivalent to one standard batch of homemade dough that yields 3 dozen cookies. Just make sure you have enough dough to evenly cover your whole baking sheet.
More Cookie Bars
- Rainbow Fudge Cookie Bars: another simple, 4 ingredient treat!
- Butterfinger Bars: chewy cookie base topped with fudge and crushed Butterfingers
- Whopper Cookie Bars: malted cookie base with crushed Whoppers! One of my favorites!
- Peanut Butter Bars: chewy peanut butter cookie bars topped with a creamy peanut butter fudge and lots of Reese’s candy!
Can’t decide between cookie bars or Snickers? Make them both! These Chocolate Chip Snickers Bars are full of nutty, chocolatey flavors with swirl of caramel.