The most delicious layered cookie bars you’ll eat this year! Graham cracker crust topped with a creamy pumpkin cheesecake and chocolate chip cookie dough. Baked to perfection, these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars NEED to be on your dessert table.
Easy Cheesecake Bars
Okay, I’m getting off track. Today, we’re not just talking about any cheesecake bar recipe. We’re talking about PUMPKIN Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars!
I wanted to make a batch of these cheesecake bars last year, but never got around to it before pumpkin season. Pumpkin desserts just aren’t the same in February, you know?
Why these are the best
Now, my friends. The time has come. I finally made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake bars. The wait was worth it.
I was so excited to finally bite into a cheesecake bar packed with pumpkin and chocolate morsels, that I didn’t even have the patience to make my own cookie dough.
PRO TIP: For a quick treat, use a family size roll of Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough instead of homemade cookie dough.
And you better not even think about judging me, because one bite of these cookie bars and you’d never know I cheated.
And of course, these bars are not complete without the crunch of the graham cracker layer holding it all together.
If ready made cookie dough is what it takes to get these amazing bars into your mouth, then the “cheating” is worth it. You’re going to love how easy these are to make as much as you love how good they taste.
Step by Step
STEP 1. Make a graham cracker crust
Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until they turn into fine crumbs. Add sugar and melted butter, pulse until blended. Press crumbs into bottom of pan lined with parchment paper until evenly pressed.
STEP 2. Make the pumpkin cheesecake layer
In a large mixing bowl, beat all the cheesecake ingredients for 3-5 minutes until blended and smooth. Pour over the graham cracker crust.
STEP 3. Add the cookie dough
You can either make your own chocolate chip cookie dough or grab a tub of refrigerated cookie dough and crumble the dough over the cheesecake layer.
Bake the bars for a 30 – 35 minutes. Don’t worry if the center seems a little wiggly! That’s how it’s supposed to be.
STEP 4. Chill
Cool pan completely, then refrigerate for 3-4 hours (or overnight). Once completely chilled, cut into bars and enjoy!
These taste amazing COLD with a cup of coffee. Then again, I think everything tastes better with a cup of coffee.
Store cheesecake bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars keep beautifully in the freezer! After cutting, place them in a freezer safe bag or container with wax paper between layers. When ready to eat, let thaw in the fridge and serve. You could even freeze these in single serving bags to pack for trips or lunch boxes.
The center of the bars will look a little undone and wiggly. However, everything will continue to set and firm up as it cools and refrigerates.
Tips & Tricks
- To make this into a regular cheesecake, press the graham cracker crumbs into a pie plate instead or use a ready made graham cracker crust from the store!
- For a white chocolate variation, substitute white chocolate morsels in your cookie dough.
- If you want a plain pumpkin cheesecake bar without chocolate, make the cookie dough and omit the chocolate chips entirely.
- To change up the bars, you can also swap the graham crackers. Cinnamon or honey graham crackers are both delicious here but if you want MORE chocolate, go ahead and swap them for chocolate grahams.
How many kinds of cheesecake bars have you tried? Whether you’re an experienced cheesecake maker or brand new to homemade bars, this recipe is a must try.
Add these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars packed with chocolate chips to your fall baking list now! Whether you use store bought cookie dough or make your own from scratch, this is one decadent dessert that’s as easy as it is delicious.
More Dessert Recipes:
- Pumpkin Pie Dip
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cake
- Pumpkin Truffles
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Pecan Tassies
- More Brownies and Bars
The most delicious layered cookie bars you'll eat this year! Graham cracker crust topped with a creamy pumpkin cheesecake and chocolate chip cookie dough. Baked to perfection, these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars NEED to be on your dessert table.
For the crust:
- 2 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 18 full size crackers)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 2 package (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin (canned, NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
For the cookie dough:
- 1 package (30oz) refrigerated Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- For the crust, pulse graham crackers in a food processor until fine crumbs. Add sugar and melted butter, pulse until blended.
- Line a 13x9 baking dish with parchment paper. Press crumbs into bottom of pan until evenly pressed.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cheesecake layer ingredients for 3-5 minutes until blended and smooth. Pour over crust layer.
- Either make your own cookie dough using this recipe for the cookie layer. Or (CHEAT ALERT!!!) use the refrigerated cookie dough and crumble the dough over the cheesecake layer.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30-35 minutes, center may still seem wiggly, it's okay.
- Cool pan completely, then refrigerate for 3-4 hours (or overnight). Once completely chilled, cut into bars and enjoy.
- Store cookie bars in refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or, freeze in an airtight container until later.
- Use homemade chocolate chip cookie dough if you prefer to make the cookie dough from scratch!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.