Crockpot Turkey Breasts and Stuffing is the perfect, fuss-free way to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal year round. You’ll love this easy, juicy turkey breast recipe!
Thanksgiving is all about family and feasting.
But sometimes, you just want to have some turkey without the hours and hours of prep and cooking that a traditional turkey in the oven may take.
Or maybe you have a smaller crowd, limited oven space, or just don’t love as much turkey as other families.
I’m here to tell you a secret.
This Crockpot Turkey Breast recipe is one of our favorites. I buy the turkey breast in the freezer section and we make this YEAR ROUND.
The best part is that the stuffing cookies right on top, so it’s literally ONE dirty dish.
How to Cook a Turkey Breast in a Crock Pot
STEP 1: Lay THAWED turkey breasts in bottom of slow cooker. Pour chicken broth over turkey breasts.
STEP 2: Place cubed bread in a large bowl. We love using day old french bread for our homemade stuffing recipe!
STEP 3: Add apple, celery, onion, salt, poultry seasoning, sage, and black pepper to the bowl with bread cubes. Mix thoroughly.
STEP 4: Lightly press stuffing on top of the turkey breasts and broth in the slow cooker.
STEP 5: Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
STEP 6: Remove stuffing and place on serving platter. Slice turkey breast and arrange over the dressing. ENJOY.
Tips and Tricks
- Use a large oval slow cooker, as a round one won’t be big enough!
- Be sure you start with DEFROSTED turkey breast. Depending on the size of the breast, you may need to defrost in refrigerator for several days. Be prepared.
- If you want to make a gravy, double the chicken broth in the recipe. When you remove the turkey and stuffing, thicken up the slurry of cornstarch and water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You’ll know the turkey breast is done cooking when it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- If you haven’t tried it, you can also make Turkey breast with gravy in the Instant Pot.
How much Turkey breast do I need per person?
It really depends on how many other side dishes you are serving.
I usually plan on 1 lb of turkey breast per person, this leaves plenty for leftovers.
The nice thing about cooking turkey breast in the crockpot is you can add more turkey if needed. As long as you keep the crock pot closed while cooking, it can be very forgiving and not yield a dry, over cooked turkey.
If you love today’s recipe, you will also enjoy:
- Cocktail Meatballs
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
- Apple Crumble
- Broccoli Salad
- Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Mashed Potatoes
- Hashbrown Casserole
- Bread Pudding
Crockpot Turkey Breast and Stuffing is the perfect, fuss-free way to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal year round. You'll love this easy, juicy turkey breast recipe!
- 3 lb boneless turkey breasts
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 loaf bread, cubed (with crusts)
- 1 apple, diced (peel left on)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In bottom of crockpot lay turkey breasts (may overlap some). Pour chicken broth over turkey breasts.
- In large bowl mix cubed bread with apple, celery, onion, salt, poultry seasoning, sage and pepper.
- Pour stuffing over turkey and broth. Pat tightly. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1044Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 273mgSodium: 1923mgCarbohydrates: 103gFiber: 7gSugar: 17gProtein: 120g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.
Recipe originally published November 4, 2011. Photos updated 2019.
Crockpot Turkey Breast and Stuffing is the perfect, fuss-free way to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal year round. You’ll love this easy, juicy turkey breast recipe!