Delicious, easy, homemade Roasted Tomato Tortellini Soup recipe. You’ll love this restaurant quality soup that’s full of flavor and easy to make!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Making homemade tomato soup is easier than you think!
Whether you choose to use canned tomatoes or fresh, I’ve got you covered with this flavorful meal!
How to make Tomato Tortellini Soup
First start by roasting some fresh tomatoes. I use about 12 Roma tomatoes.
To do this, peel and slice tomatoes (in half) and toss in a bowl with olive oil and fresh garlic.
Roast with salt and pepper for about 45 minutes (in a 400 degree F oven).
Remove from oven and put the contents into a large dutch oven (or soup pot). Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth.
If you decide to use canned tomatoes, you can choose crushed tomatoes and skip the roasting steps. You’ll probably want about 2 large cans of crushed tomatoes.
Next, add the oregano and vegetable broth. Simmer for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
The final step is to add the fresh or frozen cheese tortellini to the soup pot. It takes a few minutes for them to heat and cook. Add the cream, parmesan cheese, and basil if desired. Serve and enjoy!
What to serve with Homemade Tomato Soup
Are you looking for a fluffy, delicious Dinner Roll? These No Knead Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls will please the whole family!
This Italian Salad is loaded with fresh flavor and the homemade Italian Dressing is zesty and flavorful! The perfect pairing to your weeknight meal.
More childhood favorites
Get the secret tips and tricks to making the most PERFECT Rice Krispie Treats. Kid and adult friendly! THICK AND CHEWY!
Comfort food. This Chicken Tetrazzini recipe has been a family favorite for many years! It’s also a great dish to bring a new mom!
Ritz Cracker Mac and Cheese is made with two kinds of cheese and is topped with buttery Ritz crackers for a creamy, rich side or main dish that the whole family will love.
In my family, the Best Sweet Potato Casserole recipe is one that’s served up sweet and salty with a delicious, crunchy streusel topping!
This Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole recipe is true comfort food. Made with frozen hash browns and plenty of cheese, I can guarantee your family is going to enjoy this one!
More tomato soup recipes
Spicy Sausage with Cheesy Tortellini are the ultimate comfort food in this delicious soup! Grab a spoon and bowl tonight!
Make this Roasted Tomato Soup recipe using fresh or canned tomatoes. I’ve got tricks on how to freeze your tomatoes fresh from the garden too! You’ll love the texture and taste of this soup, and may never eat canned soup again!
Not a soup, but a delicious recipe with tomatoes. This homemade bruschetta recipe is great as a snack, or read my tips and tricks to making it a meal!
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Delicious, homemade Roasted Tomato Tortellini Soup recipe. You'll love this restaurant quality soup that's full of flavor and easy to make!
- 12 large roma tomatoes, peeled
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 16 oz cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Slice tomatoes in half and stir together with olive oil and cloves of garlic. Pour onto a roasting pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in oven at 400°F for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add contents of roasting pan into a dutch oven or large soup pot. Add in basil. Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth. If desired, you can puree in a blender (instead of using an immersion blender) and pour pureed contents into the soup pot.
- Add oregano and vegetable broth and heat over low heat, covered. Simmer for about one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Right before serving, add in cheese tortellini and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes. The tortellini will float on top when cooked (takes usually about 5 minutes or less).
- When ready to serve, drizzle heavy cream into bowl and top with parmesan cheese! ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 469Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 1439mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 16g