Chicken Lime Enchiladas
Easy, delicious, Chicken Lime Enchiladas for a weeknight meal!
I have a thing for cheese. And rice krispie treats. And chocolate cake. But right now let’s talk about enchiladas covered in melted cheese. This is one very healthy dinner.
Do you see that plate with all the veggies? That’s health food, people. Stay with me.
The enchiladas have cumin in them, which is one of my favorite seasonings, ever. Unless cocoa powder counts as a seasoning? Hmm…
Anyways, make these for dinner, load your plate with veggies, and grab a bite!
Oh man, look at that cheese. Whoops, forgot the veggies on this bite, but there is a little piece of cilantro…and it is green…so I think it counts towards my “green leafy vegetables.” Don’t tell my kids I said that though.
Want more Mexican inspired dishes?
You can also check out my Pinterest Board : Cinco de Mayo
- 6 flour tortillas, burrito sized
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 12 oz shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 5 cranks fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8oz sour cream
- cilantro, lettuce, tomato and avocado for garnish
- In a small bowl mix shredded chicken with 1 cup of the cheese and the pressed garlic. Fill 6 tortillas equally. Roll the tortillas and lay in a 9x9 square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, melt butter completely. Whisk in the corn starch and cook for one minute. Whisk in broth, stirring constantly. Keep stirring until mixture becomes thick. Quickly add onion and garlic powder, cumin, jalapeno, lime juice, salt and pepper. Fold in sour cream and remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven, uncovered.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, lettuce, tomato and diced avocado. Enjoy!
- **adapted from Joyful Momma's Kitchen
Copyright Shugary Sweets 2011-2015
Leave a Comment