Chicken Lime Enchiladas
You can also check out my Pinterest Board : Cinco de Mayo
- 6 flour tortillas, burrito sized
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 12 oz shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 5 cranks fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8oz sour cream
- cilantro, lettuce, tomato and avocado for garnish
- In a small bowl mix shredded chicken with 1 cup of the cheese and the pressed garlic. Fill 6 tortillas equally. Roll the tortillas and lay in a 9x9 square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, melt butter completely. Whisk in the corn starch and cook for one minute. Whisk in broth, stirring constantly. Keep stirring until mixture becomes thick. Quickly add onion and garlic powder, cumin, jalapeno, lime juice, salt and pepper. Fold in sour cream and remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven, uncovered.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, lettuce, tomato and diced avocado. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 782 Total Fat: 46g Saturated Fat: 24g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 155mg Sodium: 1529mg Carbohydrates: 50g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 4g Protein: 43g
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**