Cajun Chicken Pasta
Looking for a delicious dinner recipe that’s ready in about 30 minutes? This Cajun Chicken Pasta is colorful, spicy, and quick!
I love dinner recipes that take less than 30 minutes. With school starting this week, this is the kind of recipe I like to keep on hand.
Between homework and sports I don’t have time to slave over the stove. By cutting your raw chicken into small chunks, they cook quickly in the skillet.
Plus, this is one of those delicious, eat your rainbow, kind of meals! All the gorgeous colors from the peppers and onion are inviting you to take a bite!
If you have a younger crowd, you may want to cut back or completely omit the cayenne pepper. It will still taste delicious, but not have the kick. You can also add a pinch to your own plate after serving!
I love using angel hair pasta for this recipe. But any noodle would work. Fettuccini noodles hold up real nice too! You can even make the chicken and veggie part of this meal, add some cooked penne noodles, pour the dish in a 9inch square pan, top with cheese and bake it (about 15 minutes). Now you have a different version, and one that’s portable! Either way, just try this meal. It’s so good….
Connect with Shugary Sweets! I know you want to see behind the scenes…check out my instagram!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Yield: serves 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 cranks fresh black pepper
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth (I used low sodium)
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and chicken breasts. Cook over high heat. Allow chicken to brown on one side and flip to cook on other side (about 2 minutes each side). Add peppers, onion and garlic. Saute until they begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes (no need to drain), chicken broth and seasonings. Simmer about 10 minutes. Add in cream and heat until warmed (about 5 minutes).
- To serve, combine cooked pasta with chicken mixture. ENJOY!
This Lemon Pasta is great as a side dish, or add in some cooked chicken to make it a meal!
Looking for a great pasta recipe to use up some of your fresh basil? This Pesto Pasta is INCREDIBLE.
Enchilada Beef rollups are a hearty, delicious meal. You can use Chicken instead of Beef too!!
More delicious pasta meals from my blog friends….
Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Pasta from Chef in Training
Soba Noodles with Sesame Sauce from Alimentageuse
Stove Top Pastitsio from Lemons for Lulu