Frozen Snickers Pie

by aimee @ shugarysweets on August 22, 2013

With just 5 ingredients you can make this delicious Snickers Pie for friends and family!

Frozen Snickers Pie: easy 5 ingredient frozen pie, try Milky Way too!!

I have made this Frozen Snickers Pie several times over the years. It’s such an easy recipe, but the taste is incredibly deep!

By melting down Snickers candy bars, you get all the flavors of chocolate, nuts, and caramel without all the work. This would work for Milky Way too (I’ve tried it!!).

Frozen Snickers Pie: easy 5 ingredient frozen pie, try Milky Way too!!

I use the store bought graham cracker crusts on this recipe, because they come in the foil pie tin with lid. Which is perfect for going straight into the freezer after making making the filling. If you choose to make a homemade crust, feel free to do so! A chocolate crust is wonderful too, in case you were wondering.

I like to let my pie sit out about 15 minutes before slicing and serving. I prefer it to be a little softer. However, if you keep it completely frozen, it’s almost like ice cream! You decide how you want to enjoy this pie, after all, you’re the one making it! Don’t forget to save some Snickers bars for the garnish!

Frozen Snickers Pie: easy 5 ingredient frozen pie, try Milky Way too!!

Connect with Shugary Sweets! I know you want to see behind the scenes…check out my instagram!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Bloglovin’

Frozen Snickers Pie

Rating: 51

Prep Time: 3 hours

Yield: serves 8

• 1 graham cracker crust (or ingredients for homemade graham crust)
  • 8 full size Snickers candy bars
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 12 oz Cool Whip, divided

1. In a small saucepan, melt 6 Snickers bars with peanut butter and heavy cream on low heat. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature (about 20 minutes).
  2. Fold in 8oz Cool Whip to cooled chocolate mixture. Pour into a graham cracker crust (8inch pie plate). Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours.
  3. Chop remaining 2 Snickers bars. To serve, top pie with remaining 4oz Cool Whip and add chopped Snickers to garnish. Slice and enjoy!

Notes

**other candy bars can be subsitituted for the Snickers. Milky Way bars are delicious!!!

Looking for more PIE recipes?

Irish Banana Cream Pie is silky smooth with a hint of booze!

Irish Banana Cream Pie

Macadamia nut crust, Chocolate Nutella filling and Whipped Cream topped with drunken cherries. Yes, please!

torte

Looking to use up some candy bars? This Biscoff Candy Bar fudge is versatile and delish!!!

fudge

Here are some similar recipes from around the web….

Reese’s Fudge Pie from Mandy’s Recipe Box

Strawberry Banana Frozen Pie from What’s Cooking, Love

Frozen Biscoff Pie from Crazy for Crust

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) August 22, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Melting the snickers is SUCH a brilliant idea!!! OMG I luuurve this!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress) recently posted..Heart Healthy WafflesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets August 24, 2013 at 10:34 am

Thanks Kayle! I luuurve you!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Frozen Snickers PieMy Profile

Sarah August 22, 2013 at 8:56 pm

How could anything with melted snickers bars in it not be good?
Sarah recently posted..Pumpkin Pancakes with Rosemary Maple SyrupMy Profile

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) August 22, 2013 at 8:59 pm

That pie has stolen my heart! It looks incredible!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) recently posted..Skinny BabyCake Banana Pudding MilkshakesMy Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet August 22, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Snickers is my all time favorite candy bar! Love how easy this pie is!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Cherry Pie White Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats August 22, 2013 at 10:36 pm

This looks delicious and so incredibly simple! Who doesn’t love that?
Julie @ Julie’s Eats & Treats recently posted..Thursday JEMs {Julie’s Easy Meal Plans} 8/22/13My Profile

Sheila @ Sweet Baked Life August 22, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Snickers + pie + pure heaven! Love this, and thanks as always for inspiring me!
Sheila @ Sweet Baked Life recently posted..Cherry Almond Poke CakeMy Profile

amy @ southern sweets and eats August 23, 2013 at 12:10 am

Yum. That’s all my brain could come out with as soon as I read melted Snickers. Yum. Looks and sounds totally amazing.
amy @ southern sweets and eats recently posted..Double Chocolate Pretzel BarsMy Profile

Tracey Vianden August 23, 2013 at 6:30 am

Amy,

Did you ever make this without the crust? I have to eat gluten free.

Thanks.

Tracey

Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent August 23, 2013 at 8:52 am

I love how you lined the edge with snickers. Cute!
Laura @ Lauras Baking Talent recently posted..Sweet Potato HummusMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets August 23, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Anything to get a few extra candy bars per bite!

Eva @ Eva Bakes August 23, 2013 at 11:08 am

Looks like a great recipe when you’re hard pressed for time. It looks so impressive that it will make your guests think like you’ve slaved away in the kitchen all day. I love it!
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..3 Musketeers rice krispies treatsMy Profile

Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar August 23, 2013 at 11:10 am

I love Snickers! What a great idea to melt them down and harness all that awesome flavor! Sounds delicious!
Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar recently posted..Fudgy Brownies with Crunchy Butterfinger CrustMy Profile

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction August 23, 2013 at 1:55 pm

What a great idea to melt down the snickers! Love it!
Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Salted Caramel Pumpkin Buttercream Frosted Pumpkin BreadMy Profile

Alyssa August 23, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Oh wow! This pie looks fantastic and I love easy it is to make! I will definitely be trying this one. Also thanks for linking to my Strawberry Banana Frozen Pie.
Alyssa recently posted..Caramel Apple Poke CakeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets August 23, 2013 at 9:18 pm

You strawberry pie sounds amazing!! thanks for stopping by Alyssa!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust August 23, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Genius to melt the candy bars. OMG the possibilities!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..S’mores PuddingMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets August 24, 2013 at 10:35 am

I definitely recommend trying the Milky Way version too. But yes, so many delicious possibilities (and of course, one could sub the PB for nutella or Biscoff too….)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Frozen Snickers PieMy Profile

Audra | The Baker Chick August 23, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Aimee this pie looks absolutely delicious! What a perfect end of the summer treat- and so easy too!
Audra | The Baker Chick recently posted..Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich CookiesMy Profile

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl August 23, 2013 at 11:39 pm

Melted candy bars is genius!!
Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl recently posted..Spicy Buffalo Chicken SandwichesMy Profile

ThisBakerGirlBlogs August 24, 2013 at 4:25 am

Love this! It would be the perfect thing to make for my friend who practically lives on snickers bars :)
ThisBakerGirlBlogs recently posted..{RECIPE}: Chocolate Lavender Biscotti from Cooking with Flowers.My Profile

Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life August 24, 2013 at 8:54 am

Let me think about this – Snickers and cool whip. Yep, sounds crazy incredible amazing. I need a slice now and its only 8 in the morning!:)
Mary Frances @ The Sweet {Tooth} Life recently posted..100% Whole Wheat Monkey BreadMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets August 24, 2013 at 10:35 am

I wish I had some left to share with you :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Frozen Snickers PieMy Profile

Abbie August 24, 2013 at 10:20 am

Wow, this pie looks amazingly decadent! So creative. (lovely photos, too!)
Abbie recently posted..coconut milk scones with blueberries + maple cinnamon butterMy Profile

Liz August 25, 2013 at 10:21 am

Snickers is my fav chocolate bar so I’m definitely going to try this! Looks like the perfect pie to me! :)
Liz recently posted..Coconut Cream PieMy Profile

Renee @ Awesome on $20 August 26, 2013 at 2:35 am

I don’t think I ever would have thought to just melt down a candy bar. What a great idea! I can’t wait to try this.
Renee @ Awesome on $20 recently posted..Happy Hour: Soul de CubaMy Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain August 26, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Is it weird that I just want to shove my entire face into it?

….don’t answer that. Just let me at that pie! :D
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Caramelized Apple Crumble MuffinsMy Profile

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life August 28, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Hand over the pie so no one gets hurt! This is one awesome looking pie!!! I need!!!!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Rustic Fruit TartMy Profile

Des August 29, 2013 at 4:25 pm

What a fun idea! Love this!
Des recently posted..Chorizo and Hatch Chile Skillet EnchiladaMy Profile

Nutmeg Nanny August 30, 2013 at 9:12 am

Oh my, how decadent :) I am loving this!!
Nutmeg Nanny recently posted..Brown Butter Peach Muesli Bars {Fisher Nuts Giveaway}My Profile

Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes October 10, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Shared this on my facebook page today :)
Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes recently posted..My Top 10 Favorite Fall DessertsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets October 10, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Tina November 27, 2013 at 12:28 am

Planning to make this tomorrow but can I make it ahead of time and freeze for a whole day?

aimee @ shugarysweets November 27, 2013 at 7:43 am

Yes! Absolutely!

Anonymous November 27, 2013 at 9:29 am

Awesome can’t wait to indulge!

Mary February 16, 2014 at 9:39 am

Hi Aimee, I’m wondering if you substitute something for the peanut butter when making the Milky Way version? I’m concerned that the PB would mask the flavor of my beloved Milky Ways….