Chocolate Glazed Donut Holes

by aimee @ shugarysweets on April 11, 2014

These baked Chocolate Glazed Donut Holes can be on your table in under 30 minutes! They will only take 5 minutes to eat the entire batch. Just sayin!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Chocolate Glazed Donut Holes: delicious two bite BAKED chocolate donut holes with a sweet glaze

Chocolate Glazed Donut Holes have been on my  mind for ages.  My kids love when I make these baked chocolate donuts, and I’ve been wanting to make a mini version ever since.

But then cheesecake bars, taco chili, boston cream donuts, and much more got in the way.

Remember a couple weeks ago I shared this recipe for Jelly Filled Donut Holes? I mentioned that I made FIVE different varieties? Well, I couldn’t wait any longer to share this chocolate glazed version with you.

Because you bake these in your oven, there is no greasy oil mess and there is no waiting. Whip up a batch in your mixer, bake for 8 minutes. While they are cooling whisk together your glaze, and dunk your donut holes. Seriously in under thirty minutes, you can have a batch of Chocolate Glazed Donut Holes for breakfast.

Don’t wait 2 1/2 years to make these. You’ll regret it.

This recipe made 36 donut holes for me (I think) because we were eating them as they were cooling (before glazing). I had to keep asking my kids how many have you eaten!! Ha! Okay fine, I ate quite a few too. Have I mentioned yet how great they are with a quiet house, a cup of coffee and good book?!?

Speaking of books…summer is almost here and I need some great book recommendations! It’s going to be a crazy summer here (stay tuned for my big announcement), but I know I’ll procrastinate on work and cleaning to sit on the deck with a good book. So if there’s one that you have absolutely loved, leave me the name in the comments! I pretty much love all kinds of books. Except Stephen King. I just can’t get into his works. Sorry.

Anyways, enjoy some donut holes. Leave me some book recommendations, and get outside and enjoy the weather! Unless it’s raining. Or cold. Then grab a blanket, cup of coffee and a donut hole.

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Chocolate Glazed Donut Holes

• 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
  • For the Glaze:
  • 2 cup powdered sugar
  • 3-4 tablespoon milk

1. For the donuts, mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Add in eggs, milk, vanilla and butter. Beat for 2-3 minutes.
  2. Spray mini muffin pan with baking spray. Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 full and bake in a 325 degree oven for about 7-9 minutes.
  3. Remove and cool in pan about 10 minutes, then cool completely on wire rack.
  4. For the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Dip each donut hole top into the glaze and place on parchment paper. Repeat until all donut holes are dipped. Glaze will run down the sides, so there is no need to dip entire thing (unless you want to of course). Allow to set, about 10 minutes. ENJOY.

Notes

Donuts are best eaten fresh. The glaze will get translucent (and sticky) if placed in airtight container.

I love breakfast pastries. Here are some of my favorites….

jelly-donut-holes-2

Jelly Filled Donut Holes, use your favorite jam or preserve in these sweet bites!

cream-cheese-coffee-cake-1-685x1024

This is my FAVORITE breakfast cake: Cream Cheese Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Streusel

french-vanilla-coffee-creamer-1

No breakfast is complete in my house until a steaming hot coffee is served…with my favorite homemade French Vanilla creamer!

Be sure to follow my Breakfast Table Goodies Pinterest Board:

Follow Shugary Sweets’s board Breakfast Table Goodies on Pinterest.

More Breakfast ideas from some of my favorite blogs:

Chloe @ foodlikecake April 11, 2014 at 6:59 am

YUM! These look delicious and I love the glaze :-)
Chloe @ foodlikecake recently posted..Chocolate Chip Orange CookiesMy Profile

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness April 11, 2014 at 7:55 am

YES! I LOVE chocolate glazed donut holes (who doesn’t?) And these are baked…which means that I can eat them all…right?
Don’t answer that. Pinned!

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life April 11, 2014 at 8:40 am

I love all that glaze over the top. I sure wish I had a few this morning with my coffee. Yes, I know I said I wan’t going to ever eat again…but these changed my mind :-)
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Strawberry Shortcake Eclair CakeMy Profile

Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon April 11, 2014 at 8:54 am

Nothing sounds better than a good book and a donut hole! :) Have you read The Husband’s Secret, Reconstructing Amelia or Sycamore Row?
Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon recently posted..Homemade Lemon CurdMy Profile

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet April 11, 2014 at 11:22 am

This is exactly what my morning needs! Love these donut holes!

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet April 11, 2014 at 11:51 am

I need about a dozen of these please!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Spring Velvet WafflesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 12, 2014 at 8:15 am

Not a hole to be left in the house :) They went quick!!

Marly April 11, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Beautiful!

ATasteOfMadness April 11, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Whaaat?? This is almost less time than it takes me to order coffee and doughnut holes at my closest coffee place in the morning (apparently people will wait a LONG time to get their coffee fix in the morning). This looks SO good!
ATasteOfMadness recently posted..Apple and Butterscotch SconesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 12, 2014 at 8:03 am

Haha, so very true!!

Serena | Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch April 11, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Chocolate Glazed Doughnut Holes is my soft spot! Love these!
Serena | Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch recently posted..Salmon Nicoise SaladMy Profile

Mary Frances April 11, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Oh my lanta – this is my weakness, right here!
Mary Frances recently posted..Triple Coconut Sweet Potato CakeMy Profile

Maria G. April 12, 2014 at 3:39 pm

I also bake such donuts but I make them with vanilla and apricot. I don`t know why but I don`t like chocolate flavor in this recipe, while fruity tastes is really great.
Maria G. recently posted..How to cook cockroaches, roasted in eggMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 13, 2014 at 9:15 am

Oooh, love that you make it with apricot. I bet I would LOVE that!!

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain April 12, 2014 at 7:24 pm

No greasy mess? No waiting? But oodles of donut holes? Jocelyn I think I’m in love with you. Or if it helps and is less weird, I’m in love with these donut holes! Yeah, let’s go with that. Delicious donut holes. :D
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..Roasted Tomato Goat Cheese GaletteMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 13, 2014 at 9:14 am

Haha, you crack me up!!

Lori April 12, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Outlander series. I haven’t read much lately until i stumbled on this series. Romance, hisyoric Irelans, time travel and great writing.

aimee @ shugarysweets April 13, 2014 at 9:14 am

I just started the first book in the series, couldn’t get into it. But, I’ll be giving it another try because so many people say stick with it :)

Lori April 13, 2014 at 1:26 pm

It’s coming to Starz network this summer. Watch it, if you don’t want to read it.

Ala April 13, 2014 at 2:01 am

You read my mind–great! I was *just* telling my friend how I absolutely needed donut holes and that I didn’t want to fry them–I’ve been longing to try baked donuts for ages but didn’t find *that* recipe…until now! This is absolutely pinned and looks scrumptious. Guess you’re psychic in addition to everything else awesome, huh? :)
Ala recently posted..Perfect Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies–and My New Site!My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 13, 2014 at 9:10 am

Wow! You sure know how to flatter me in a comment!! Let me know if you try them :)

Emily @ Life on Food April 13, 2014 at 1:22 pm

I was just thinking about how to use my mini muffin pan for something other than muffins. I think this fits the bill perfectly!!

marcie April 14, 2014 at 11:15 am

I was fine with my oatmeal for breakfast until I saw these…I’ve got to stop doing this while I eat! Glazed chocolate donuts have always been a favorite, so these are getting pinned!
marcie recently posted..Butternut Squash, Leek, and Gruyere GaletteMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets April 14, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Haha, thanks for pinning Marcie. Thanks for the interruption to your regularly scheduled oatmeal :)

Jordan May 10, 2014 at 2:01 am

I made these, but the batter was still raw after cooking for 9 minutes.

aimee @ shugarysweets May 10, 2014 at 8:22 am

Hmm, I would check your oven with an oven thermometer, and double check your recipe/ingredients!

Sevans August 1, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Can I leave out the cocoa powder?

aimee @ shugarysweets August 2, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Ummm, they wouldn’t be chocolate donut holes then?!?

erin October 3, 2014 at 9:54 pm

mine were ok. came out more dry and very unsweetened. the glaze had a plastic taste to it… we’ll see what the husband and kiddos think, come morning.