Zuppa Toscana Soup

by aimee @ shugarysweets on May 14, 2014

Creamy, delicious Zuppa Toscana Soup. Copycat recipe based off the original from Olive Garden!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Creamy copycat recipe of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup! #copycat

Does anyone else go to Olive Garden JUST for the soup, salad and breadsticks?

Certainly I’m not the only one right? Sometimes we go and I order my meal to go. Cause I know I’m going to eat my fair share (and then some) of the unlimited appetizers.

Zuppa Toscana Soup is crazy delicious. Comfort food to the max. Right??

Unfortunately I love Olive Garden’s Salad so much that I rarely order the soup. And now, it’s okay, because I make the soup at home! And it tastes just as good (if not better)! I’ve also got a recipe for the breadsticks, in case you were wondering. I guess I just need to re-create the salad and I don’t have to worry about going out to dinner there anymore!

I’m so excited to share this recipe with you all. One of my favorite things is to make recipes at home that mimic restaurant recipes. A few years ago I set out to make this soup, but with no planning, I had to swap a bunch of ingredients. The result was a delicious Sausage and Sweet Potato Soup. I still used spinach in today’s recipe, as I prefer the taste of spinach over kale. But if you love kale and want something more authentic, feel free to swap it out!

I’m normally the Candy Contributor over at Food Fanatic, but today they are letting me share this Soup with you all. Have you browsed Food Fanatic yet? Basically it’s a delicious, drool worthy site comprised of delicious eats and treats made by some of your favorite bloggers! Go check it out!

I’m excited to meet Amber and some of the others this week in Miami for the BlogHer Food conference. Let’s hope this trip to Miami is better than my last one!

Creamy copycat recipe of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup! #copycat

Librarian Lavender May 14, 2014 at 8:50 am

There’s nothing better than a bowl of soup for lunch. This soup looks amazing! It’s nice to be able to recreate the good food you taste at a restaurant.
Librarian Lavender recently posted..A Surprise Visit from CalvinMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 14, 2014 at 9:12 am

I agree completely :) Thanks for stopping by!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Zuppa Toscana SoupMy Profile

ROB May 19, 2014 at 2:45 am

I HAVE A 15 BEAN SOUP WITH SMOKED TURKEY AND HAM HOCK RECIPE THAT SAYS–HEY SOUP–I WIN–GREENS, STEWED TOMATOES, VEGGIE STOCK, ONIONS, CARROTS AND SOME OTHER THINGS

Jaren (Diary of a Recipe Collector) May 14, 2014 at 9:00 am

Oh my sister and my mom love getting this! I’ll definitely have to try this one! Gorgeous photo!
Jaren (Diary of a Recipe Collector) recently posted..Chicken Fajita Panini with Fiesta Ranch SauceMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 14, 2014 at 9:13 am

Thank you, I hope they enjoy the recipe!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Zuppa Toscana SoupMy Profile

Melanie @ Carmel Moments May 14, 2014 at 9:00 am

I’m a fan of the zuppa toscana for sure! Just had it on my blog several months ago. Always a favorite in our house. Your version looks terrific.
Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

aimee @ shugarysweets May 14, 2014 at 9:13 am

Thanks Melanie!!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Zuppa Toscana SoupMy Profile

Cookbook Queen May 14, 2014 at 11:24 am

One of my all time favorites — this looks fabulous!!
Cookbook Queen recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal BarsMy Profile

Matt Robinson May 14, 2014 at 12:29 pm

I don’t care that it’s 95 degrees here today, I would love a bowl of this soup!

aimee @ shugarysweets May 20, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Yeah, I pretty much eat soup all year long, it’s quick and easy for the win!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Frosted Sugar Cookie BarsMy Profile

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) May 14, 2014 at 1:43 pm

This soup is just absolutely fantastic! I am in love!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) recently posted..10 Memorial Day Desserts on ParadeMy Profile

sondra May 14, 2014 at 1:52 pm

I use kale in place of the spinach…….wonderful soup recipe!

Mary Frances May 14, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I do believe you have nearly recreated the entire Olive Garden menu! That and Panera :) I’m not complaining though! I could definitely make a meal of the apps – why do they think we need a meal? Their breadsticks are so.good.
Mary Frances recently posted..Whole Wheat Trail Mix Banana BreadMy Profile

Jess @ On Sugar Mountain May 14, 2014 at 3:37 pm

AAAAAAH THAT IS MY FAVORITE SOUP FROM OLIVE GARDEN!! I can make it at home now?!? Aimee I could kiss you! Except that would be weird to do through my computer (and in general) so instead THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain recently posted..#MuffinMonday – Blueberry Cornbread MuffinsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 20, 2014 at 9:35 pm

You crack me up :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Frosted Sugar Cookie BarsMy Profile

Averie @ Averie Cooks May 14, 2014 at 4:47 pm

I think I’m the only person who hasnt had the real deal but no worries, I can just make yours now :) pinned

Rachel Cooks May 14, 2014 at 8:30 pm

This looks so perfect!
Rachel Cooks recently posted..Southwestern Mini Meatloaf RecipeMy Profile

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction May 15, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Zuppa toscana is my husband’s favorite! I need to make this for him soon!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction recently posted..Loaded Barbecue Chicken NachosMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 20, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Father’s Day is coming up, hint hint :)
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Frosted Sugar Cookie BarsMy Profile

Beth Jones August 24, 2014 at 7:54 pm

I tweaked this recipe foe chicken and it came out delicious. I used rotisserie chicken (without the skin) and chicken broth instead of beef and WOW.

Thank you for posting this!