Zuppa Toscana Soup

Creamy, delicious Zuppa Toscana Soup. Copycat recipe based off the original from Olive Garden!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Creamy copycat recipe of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup! #copycat

Does anyone else go to Olive Garden JUST for the soup, salad and breadsticks?

Certainly I’m not the only one right? Sometimes we go and I order my meal to go. Cause I know I’m going to eat my fair share (and then some) of the unlimited appetizers.

Zuppa Toscana Soup is crazy delicious. Comfort food to the max. Right??

Unfortunately I love Olive Garden’s Salad so much that I rarely order the soup. And now, it’s okay, because I make the soup at home! And it tastes just as good (if not better)! I’ve also got a recipe for the breadsticks, in case you were wondering. I guess I just need to re-create the salad and I don’t have to worry about going out to dinner there anymore!

I’m so excited to share this recipe with you all. One of my favorite things is to make recipes at home that mimic restaurant recipes. A few years ago I set out to make this soup, but with no planning, I had to swap a bunch of ingredients. The result was a delicious Sausage and Sweet Potato Soup. I still used spinach in today’s recipe, as I prefer the taste of spinach over kale. But if you love kale and want something more authentic, feel free to swap it out!

I’m normally the Candy Contributor over at Food Fanatic, but today they are letting me share this Soup with you all. Have you browsed Food Fanatic yet? Basically it’s a delicious, drool worthy site comprised of delicious eats and treats made by some of your favorite bloggers! Go check it out!

I’m excited to meet Amber and some of the others this week in Miami for the BlogHer Food conference. Let’s hope this trip to Miami is better than my last one!

Creamy copycat recipe of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup! #copycat

29 Responses to “Zuppa Toscana Soup”

1. posted May 14, 2014 at 8:50 am

There’s nothing better than a bowl of soup for lunch. This soup looks amazing! It’s nice to be able to recreate the good food you taste at a restaurant.

• posted May 14, 2014 at 9:12 am

I agree completely :) Thanks for stopping by!!

• ROB
        posted May 19, 2014 at 2:45 am

2. posted May 14, 2014 at 9:00 am

Oh my sister and my mom love getting this! I’ll definitely have to try this one! Gorgeous photo!

3. posted May 14, 2014 at 9:00 am

I’m a fan of the zuppa toscana for sure! Just had it on my blog several months ago. Always a favorite in our house. Your version looks terrific.
    Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

4. posted May 14, 2014 at 11:24 am

One of my all time favorites — this looks fabulous!!

5. posted May 14, 2014 at 12:29 pm

I don’t care that it’s 95 degrees here today, I would love a bowl of this soup!

• posted May 20, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Yeah, I pretty much eat soup all year long, it’s quick and easy for the win!

6. posted May 14, 2014 at 1:43 pm

This soup is just absolutely fantastic! I am in love!

7. sondra
    posted May 14, 2014 at 1:52 pm

I use kale in place of the spinach…….wonderful soup recipe!

8. posted May 14, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I do believe you have nearly recreated the entire Olive Garden menu! That and Panera :) I’m not complaining though! I could definitely make a meal of the apps – why do they think we need a meal? Their breadsticks are so.good.

9. posted May 14, 2014 at 3:37 pm

AAAAAAH THAT IS MY FAVORITE SOUP FROM OLIVE GARDEN!! I can make it at home now?!? Aimee I could kiss you! Except that would be weird to do through my computer (and in general) so instead THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

10. posted May 14, 2014 at 4:47 pm

I think I’m the only person who hasnt had the real deal but no worries, I can just make yours now :) pinned

11. posted May 14, 2014 at 8:30 pm

This looks so perfect!

12. posted May 15, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Zuppa toscana is my husband’s favorite! I need to make this for him soon!

13. Pingback: Meal Plans Made Simple #18 - Sugar Dish Me

14. Pingback: Meal Plans Made Simple #18 - Lemons for Lulu

15. Pingback: Foodies Network » Zuppa Toscana Soup

16. Pingback: A Spicy Perspective 25 Sensational Soups for Fall - A Spicy Perspective

17. Beth Jones
    posted Aug 24, 2014 at 7:54 pm

I tweaked this recipe foe chicken and it came out delicious. I used rotisserie chicken (without the skin) and chicken broth instead of beef and WOW.

Thank you for posting this!

18. Pingback: Soup Recipes

19. Pingback: Beef Pot Pie Soup - Shugary Sweets

20. Debra
    posted Jan 19, 2015 at 9:47 pm

The recipe was really good. I used Johnsonville Italian sausage and better than bullion beef broth, thus omitted the salt. If it needed salt, always good to suggest to add it gently to the end to taste.

• posted Jan 20, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Glad to hear you enjoyed the soup recipe!! Thanks for your tips!

21. Pingback: Traditional Zuppa Toscana Soup – Best Healthy Italian Authentic Vegan Recipe - HoliCoffee