White Chicken Chili
This White Chicken Chili has all the flavor of comfort food, without all the fat! Enjoy a bowl for dinner tonight!!
Love this recipe? Sign up for Shugary Sweets email subscription and never miss out again!
I’m pretty sure I would eat chili all winter long if my family would let me.
To me, it’s like coffee. It’s an experience. I not only LOVE the taste of coffee….but I like the comfort. I love the mug I drink it out of. I love the warmth, the sitting with a cup and wrapping myself in a blanket. I love the smell of coffee brewing, because I know what’s to come! I love the whole experience of drinking coffee.
That’s how I feel about chili. I love the smell of chili cooking. The warmth of a bowl and the flavors. It’s true comfort food in my book.
Am I totally out of my mind? Can anyone relate?
Back to the chili….
Today’s version is a white chicken chili. It’s low fat and delicious! Perfect if you want a cup of comfort food, but don’t want to sacrifice your healthy eating habits!
To start, grab your favorite pot, I use a dutch oven.Cut your chicken into small, bite sized pieces and you’ll want to cook it in the dutch oven with a little olive oil until it browns. Once browned, add the remaining ingredients for your soup, cover it all up and simmer for about an hour. Before serving, add the milk and lime juice and heat on medium until hot! Oh my heavens, the aroma that fills your house will be amazing!
When you’re ready to serve, sprinkle with a just a touch of monterey jack cheese, a dollop of plain greek yogurt (to keep it healthy) and a sprig of parsley for color (we eat with our eyes first)! ENJOY your chili experience!
One more tip. This dinner can totally be made in the crock pot too! Add everything into your slow cooker, except the milk and lime juice. Heat on low for 6 hours. Before serving, add milk and lime juice and allow to heat (about 20 minutes). Serve and enjoy!!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign Up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
White Chicken Chili
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut bite sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 can (4oz) green chilies
- 32oz chicken broth
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 can (15oz each) great Northern or Cannellini beans (don't drain)
- 1 can (15oz) sweet corn (don't drain)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup shredded monterery jack cheese, plain greek yogurt, parsley, optional for garnish
- In a large dutch oven (soup pot), heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add diced chicken breast and cook until browned on all sides (about 5 minutes).
- Add onion, green chilies, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, paprika, beans, corn, and garlic powder. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk and lime juice. Turn heat to medium and cook until milk is incorporated and chili is hot (about 10 minutes).
- Serve immediately. Add shredded cheese, greek yogurt and parsley for a garnish if desired.
- Recipe can also be made in the slow cooker! Add all ingredients except the milk and lime juice to your crockpot. Heat on low for 6 hours.
- Before serving add milk and lime juice and heat for an additional 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Love Chili and other comfort foods? Here’s a few of my favorites!
Slow Cooker Taco Chili: another great bowl of comfort food! Use ground turkey to keep it lean!
BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup: don’t forget the pizza crust dippers in the delicious recipe!
Zuppa Toscana Soup: this Olive Garden copycat recipe is just as delicious as the original! Better cause it’s made at home!
Here a few more comfort food recipes from my friends:
- Southwest Corn and Potato Chowder from Joyful Healthy Eats
- Buffalo Chicken Soup from A Spicy Perspective
- Classic Tomato Soup from A Family Feast
- French Onion Soup from Your Homebased Mom
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**