Apple Pie Bread Recipe
Apple Bread recipe bursting with cinnamon and apple pie filling! You’ll love this easy 5 ingredient recipe for a delicious comfort food treat!
While I definitely consider myself a summer girl, loving the sun, sand, and relaxation….there is one thing I love about fall.
The abundance of apples.
Today’s Apple Bread is so easy, it takes 5 ingredients and makes two delicious loaves of bread.
You’ll love the aroma in your kitchen! My family thought I was baking apple pie, and that’s exactly how this sweet bread tastes.
Imagine a cross between a sweet quick bread and Apple Pie!
How to Make Apple Bread
STEP 1: In a small bowl, empty can of apple pie filling. Using a fork and knife, cut the pieces of apple into smaller bits, or mash with the back of a fork. You want some pieces, just not too big or it makes slicing the bread difficult.
STEP 2: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray two 9×5-inch loaf pans with baking spray. Or grease and flour pans generously.
STEP 3: In a large mixing bowl, combine self rising flour, yellow cake mix, cinnamon, eggs, and apple pie filling. Mix by hand until well combined.
STEP 4: Pour batter evenly between the two baking pans. Sprinkle the top generously with cinnamon sugar blend. Bake for 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
How to store Apple Pie Bread
You can store this bread at room temperature in an airtight container.
I prefer to wrap it in foil, then slide into a ziploc freezer bag for best results.
Can you Freeze Apple Bread
After your loaves of bread have cooled completely, wrap in aluminum foil and place in a freezer safe container or ziploc bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
To serve, thaw on counter overnight. ENJOY.
What is Quick Bread?
You’ll often hear me refer to “quick bread” recipes, like this Lemon Zucchini Bread. What defines a quick bread recipe?
- No yeast is used.
- No rise time.
- Bread should be baked quickly after mixing and now allowed to sit for very long before putting in the oven.
Tips for best texture and flavor of Apple Bread
- Grease and flour the loaf pans. Occasionally I’ll even put parchment paper in the bottom just to be safe.
- Do NOT over mix the batter. Mix just until everything is combined.
- Slice with serrated bread knife for best results.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or homemade whipped cream
- If your bread cracks on top, it’s okay! That’s nothing to worry about.
What if I don’t have self rising flour
If you don’t have 1 cup self rising flour you can substitute with 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp kosher salt.
What you’ll need for Apple Cinnamon Bread
If you want a quick glance at what’s needed for today’s recipe, look no further. For the printable recipe with measurements, scroll all the way down!
- Self Rising Flour
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Apple Pie Filling
- Large Eggs
- Cinnamon/Sugar Blend
- 9×5-inch loaf pans
- Mixing bowl
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
MORE Quick Bread Recipes:
- Zucchini Bread
- Blueberry Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Recipes
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Starbucks Lemon Bread
- More Bread Recipes
MORE Apple Desserts:
Apple Bread recipe bursting with cinnamon and apple pie filling! You'll love this easy 5 ingredient recipe for a delicious comfort food treat!
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 can (20 oz) apple pie filling
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Cinnamon/Sugar blend
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray two 9x5-inch loaf pans with baking spray, or grease and flour. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add apple pie filling first. Mash apples with a fork, or cut into small pieces.
- Add flour, cake mix, cinnamon, and eggs. Mix just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle tops genererously with cinnamon/sugar blend.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pans and cool on wire rack.
- Store in airtight container for freshness. Serve warm with ice cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 37mg Sodium: 292mg Carbohydrates: 31g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 14g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g
This easy Apple Pie Bread recipe is bursting with cinnamon and apple pie filling! The perfect breakfast or dessert!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**