Three ingredient Cream Cheese Fruit Dip takes your favorite fruit and makes it even sweeter! This easy to make dip is a long time favorite of mine and I know you’ll love it too.
Love cream cheese? Our cheesecake cookies are delicious, so soft and moist. Or give our cream cheese mints a try next!
Why this Fruit Dip is Best
This fruit dip and I go way back. I tried it the first time when I was working as a nurse back in 1996. One of my co-workers brought this amazing, sweet, creamy dip to the break room with a bowl full of strawberries to share.
I was about 6 months pregnant and craving fruit constantly, so I was thrilled. ( I also craved gyros, cheese fries and root beer floats…but for now, this story is about strawberries.)
One bite of a strawberry covered in cream cheese dip and I was hooked for life. I spent more time in the break room that day, than ever, because I couldn’t get enough of this dip!
It reminded me of the fruit dip you find in the refrigerated section of the grocery store produce aisle. Then, my co-worker told me it was homemade with just THREE ingredients. I knew I’d be making it again and again and again.
And I did. This dip has served me well over the years. You can make it at a moments notice and instantly transform an ordinary party platter into something extraordinary!
Here’s all you need:
- Cream cheese – Use a whole 8 ounce package and let it soften on the counter first.
- Marshmallow cream- Also called marshmallow “fluff” this sweetens the dip and makes it extra smooth! Our homemade marshmallow fluff would work great here!
- Rum – The secret ingredient to making the BEST fruit dip! If you want, you can substitute rum flavoring; it is just as tasty!
To make the dip, just beat all the ingredients together and serve immediately or chill until you’re ready to eat!
Tips and Tricks
- I use a stand mixer or electric beaters to beat the ingredients together until light and creamy. You can also mix this with a whisk but will need a bit of elbow grease and a few more minutes of time!
- How to store: Keep this covered and refrigerated until you’re ready to serve it. I usually just store it right in my serving bowl covered in cling wrap, but a tupperware container works too. t’s SO good cold straight out of the fridge.
- This is a great option if you’re asked to bring the veggie tray or fruit salad to a gathering! It’s easy but makes a simple platter of fruit so much more impressive.
- Where do you buy rum extract? How else can I use it? I find mine online. You can also sometimes find it in specialty grocery stores and markets. After that search, you’ll be happy to know there are tons of ways to use that little bottle of rum extract beyond delicious fruit dip. You can us it to make Butter Rum Fudge, add it to your batch of Eggnog Truffles!
Berries, apple slices, bananas, kiwi, pineapple wedges, pear slices grapes. . . there are countless options! Graham crackers, pretzels and cookies are also delicious with this dip.
There is only a tablespoon full of rum in the whole batch of dip so it definitely doesn’t taste like shot of rum! You will notice a subtle rum flavor that brings out the sweetness of the marshmallow and balances the tangy cream cheese. It’s essential for adding the dimension to this dip.
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip should be enjoyed within 3 days for best flavor. Mine never makes it that long because I can’t stop scooping it up with whatever fruit is available.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
You won’t have to worry about getting all your recommended servings of fruit when you have this dip in the fridge! Trust me when I tell you this easy three-ingredient Cream Cheese Fruit Dip is the best one you’ll ever try.
I love a good dip recipe. I can’t wait to make this one.
This fruit dip never last to long here. It’s so good everyone eats it all so fast!
Oh my yummy!!!
Very very beautiful. I’m gonna try this today. SImply amazing use of strawberry.
WOW Looks yum and delicious. Will definitely try it. Thanks for sharing 🙂
My wife used to make this dip, but the addition of rum seems even better. Thank you for the recipe.
I put about 3 Tablespoons of pineapple juice in it, ssoooo good….will have to try the rum too….
Sounds great. Now I have to try it. Thanks for sharing.
Berries on the top of the Cream. Yummy! Can’t wait to try this Cream Cheese Fruit Dip. Keep posting more recipes. BTW, your Instagram account makes fee fell hungry 🙂 Big Fan of sweets.
Thank you 🙂
My recipe is similar, we add a dollop of cool whip and a little marchino cherry juice for color! Yummy! Great on top of your favorite brownie and piled with raspberries, bluberries and strawberrys! Alwats a big hit!
I am totally loving the rum in this!! Never had that way and now I need to try it immediately!! YUM!
We love this dip with rum and coconut extract! It’s so good with everything!!!!
Oooh I bet the coconut is good (although most of my family hates the flavor of coconut.) I don’t understand it….
Sounds great..Any other suggestions instead of Rum or maple syrup?
Almond extract is delicious…or just pure vanilla extract is wonderful too!!
What a fun change of pace for the Big Game! I’m going to try a little maple syrup and let the kiddos take this one for a test drive!
My sister used to make this dip, but the addition of rum seems even better!
Oooh I’ve seen a lot of fruit dips out there, but not many that involve rum!! Love this one!
Ha! New saying: rum makes everything better 🙂
OH… I’ve made this for years but never added rum flavor… now I have to try it !!
Gotta try this…Sounds sooo good!!
Certainly gonna try this!! sounds too easy and good!!
Hey.. great minds think alike! I’ve been making this Dip for years too and I love it! Great post ????