Fire up the pressure cooker for this Instant Pot Blueberry Cobbler recipe! Made with cake mix and pie filling, this cobbler is brimming with berry flavor. Simple, delicious and easy to make!
Cobblers are a year round dessert favorite! After sharing my Instant Pot Peach Cobbler Recipe, it was time to bring you this blueberry version.
Why this Recipe Works
This is a delicious cobbler made in the Instant Pot! Paired with vanilla ice cream, it’s a comfort food dessert for any occasion.
- Five ingredients. Okay, six, if you count the water in the Instant Pot.
- Uses box white cake mix for extra convenience.
- Crunchy almond topping. You’ll love the nuttiness paired with the juicy blueberries.
- No oven needed. Make homemade cobbler in the summertime without heating up the whole house!
Here’s what you need to make this Instant Pot cobbler recipe.
White cake mix. Do not bake the cake. You’ll add the dry mix right to the pot.
Blueberry pie filling. Store bought filling or your favorite homemade blueberry pie filling can be used.
Almond extract. I love the warm nutty flavor this adds to the cake. You could swap it out with vanilla extract if you prefer.
Melted butter. Unsalted is best since the almonds are already salty.
STEP 1. Blueberry filling
Combine the blueberry pie filling with the almond extract. Pour into the bottom of a springform pan.
STEP 2. Cobbler topping
In a separate bowl, mix together the cake mix and melted butter. When it forms a crumbly texture, sprinkle the mixture over the blueberry filling.
Top with sliced almonds. Cover the pan with foil.
STEP 3. Pressure Cook
Fill the bottom of the Instant Pot with water. Lower the spring form pan into the pot using a trivet or sling.
Select HIGH PRESSURE for a cook time of 25 minutes.
When cooking time ends, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. Turn the valve to VENTING to do a quick release of the remaining pressure.
Remove the springform pan with the cooked cobbler from the Instant Pot. Let the blueberry cobbler cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Tips & Tricks
- Serving suggestion: Serve in bowls topped with Vanilla Ice Cream and a sprinkle of sliced almonds. Homemade Whipped Cream makes a heavenly topping too.
- Plan ahead. Cooking times in this recipe do not include the extra time your Instant Pot needs to come to pressure. Allow 10 – 15 minutes for this step.
- Cake mix. Swap the white cake mix for yellow cake mix to change up the color and flavors.
- Nuts. Instead of sliced almonds add some candied pecans to the top!
- Spring form pan. A 7 inch spring form pan fits nicely into my pressure cooker.
Blueberry pie filling contains more liquid than other fruit pie fillings often used in cobbler recipes. As a result, the cobbler does not bake up as firm. It’s normal to have a little blueberry juice running out of the spring form pan, too. This cobbler is extra juicy and delicious!
We tested this recipe with a 6 quart Instant Pot. Different pot sized will require different cook times.
Yes, you can bake it in the oven instead. I would bake it at 350 F, uncovered for about 25 minutes.
More Instant Pot Desserts
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Instant Pot Brownies
- Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Hot Chocolate
- Pressure Cooker Chocolate Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Cherry Cobbler
Sweet blueberries and white cake mix come together in this easy Blueberry Cobbler Instant Pot recipe. Don’t forget the ice cream!
Do I have to use a springform pan? I’m not concerned about the presentation as I am about the taste and this site ticks on my desserts easy list. Thank you for any advice.
Any pan that will fit inside your instant pot will work great!
Instead of almonds I am going to try using Oatmeal
Yummy! I love blueberry season and ALL the desserts that go along with it. Thanks for this new instant pot recipe. I’ve never tried dessert in the IP before and it turned out perfect. The blueberries were so juicy and fresh. A perfectly easy summer dessert!
Wow! This is amazing and absolutely delicious! My family loved this recipe, so yummy and this is a recipe I’ll definitely make again!