Delicious, easy Peppermint Cream Bites, just in time for the holidays!! It’s like combining a Peppermint Patty with an Oreo cookie!
- 1 ½ cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling (15 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 2 peppermint candy canes, crushed, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine crushed cookies and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor combine powdered sugar and softened butter. Cover and process until butter is evenly distributed. With processor running, add milk and peppermint extract through feed tube until a paste forms. Spread peppermint mixture evenly over prepared crust. Freeze for 45 minutes.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl combine chopped chocolate and shortening. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) about 1 minute or until chocolate is melted, stirring once. Let chocolate cool for 15 minutes. Pour chocolate over peppermint layer, spreading evenly. Sprinkle immediately with crushed candy canes.
- Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan. Use a 1-½-inch round cookie cutter to cut into rounds* or use a sharp knife to cut into squares. Store in the freezer until serving time.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram