Moist, delicious Pumpkin Coffee Cake piled high with a sweet Cinnamon Steusel and cinnamon glaze. Easy recipe with freezer friendly options too!
Why this Recipe Works
There’s nothing more I crave than a warm, flavorful slice of pumpkin coffee cake. Today’s version is topped with a delicious cinnamon streusel.
If you haven’t tried making this coffee cake yet, I urge you to run to the store and get everything you’ll need to bake it today!
- Makes two cakes (perfect for sharing or freezing)
- Soft and tender cake texture
- Flavorful crumb topping
- Sweet cinnamon icing
Pumpkin- choose canned pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling!
Spices- swap out the ginger, nutmeg, and cloves for my homemade pumpkin pie spice mix.
Butter- unsalted is what I choose to bake with, but salted will be fine. Omit half of the kosher salt if using salted butter.
How to make Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Prepare Pans. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans (or use my homemade cake release). Line the bottoms with parchment paper.
- Make the coffee cake: Combine the butter and sugar, add in remaining ingredients. Pour into pans.
- Crumb Topping: For the cinnamon streusel, mix the flour, sugars, cinnamon, and melted butter together with a fork. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake and Cool: Remove cakes from oven and cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove cakes to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Cinnamon Glaze: For the drizzle, whisk ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle onto cooled cakes and allow to set, about 30 minutes. ENJOY!
Tips and Tricks
- Be sure to use canned pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling. There is a difference!
- To add extra flavor, this maple pumpkin coffee cake is ridiculously wonderful.
- As you combine the streusel mixture, blend with a fork until crumbs form. Spread evenly over the batter!
- Sprinkle some toasted pecans on top if you want a little crunch!
How do you store Pumpkin Coffee Cake?
Room Temperature. This pumpkin coffee cake recipe can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Refrigerator. To extend the life of this cake and keep it fresher for longer, store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up 7 days.
Freezer. Pumpkin coffee cake can be frozen for up to 3 months in airtight freezer safe container or ziploc bag. This is great news because today’s recipe bakes TWO cakes. One for now, one for later!
More Easy Breakfast Recipes:
- French Toast Casserole
- Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Blueberry Buckle Recipe
- Amish Friendship Bread
- Veggie Quiche
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Easy, moist Pumpkin Coffee Cake with a thick cinnamon brown sugar streusel and vanilla glaze!