Who would turn down one of these adorable Snickerdoodle Blondie Bites? The chewiness of golden blondies meets the cinnamon sugar delight of snickerdoodle cookies in these bite sized treats.
What is a Blondie?
These blondies started from a box of Pillsbury Purely Simple Sugar Cookie Mix.
But before we talk about the recipe, maybe it’s time to get back to the basics.
Blondies are the vanilla lover’s answer to brownies. Actually, scratch that. Blondies are for everyone.
Soft, sweet bars that are the perfect canvas to dress up with all kinds of flavors.
Today’s blondies recipe is for all you Snickerdoodle lovers out there! I added cinnamon to the Pillsbury sugar cookie mix, sprinkled a cinnamon sugar topping over the blondies and, to make it Halloween ready, added some stripes of vanilla frosting and candy eyes on top!
- Pillsbury Purely Simple Sugar Cookie Mix – There’s no sugar cookie mix quite like it! While I’m a huge fan of sugar cookies from scratch, you can’t beat the convenience of this mix.
- Cinnamon – This simple spice turns a regular batch of blondies into treats that mimic the flavor of Snickerdoodles. I put cinnamon in the blondie batter AND mixed it with sugar for the topping.
- Unsalted butter – I love using unsalted butter in my blondies to control the amount of salt in the recipe. If needed, feel free to use salted butter. Melt the butter before adding it to the cookie mix.
- Candy eyes – I find candy eyeballs at Target, craft stores or online! They add such a fun touch to these blondies bites but, of course, the blondies will taste great without them too.
Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1. Blondie Batter
Pour the cookie mix into a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, melted butter and cinnamon an beat to combine.
STEP 2. Bake
Pour the batter into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper. Combine more cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and then sprinkle it on top of the batter.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the blondies comes out clean (about 22 – 25 minutes). While the blondies are cooling, prepare the frosting.
STEP 3. Make the frosting
Beat the powdered sugar with butter, vanilla and milk until smooth, fluffy and creamy.
STEP 4. Decorate
To make these into mummy bites for Halloween:
Use a round cookie cutter to cut the blondies into bite sized circles. Then, use a frosting bag to pipe overlapping white stripes onto the blondie bites. Add two candy eyes to the top of each one to complete the look!
For regular snickerdoodle blondie bares:
Use a knife or rubber spatula to spread the frosting all over the cooled blondies. Cut into desired squares once cooled and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- A number 48 frosting tip is my preferred way to make the mummy stripes. Alternate the smooth side with the more textured size to give these bites dimension and a more convincing mummy-like appearance!
- Store Snickerdoodles Blondies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Yes! While I happen to love the texture and taste of this one, any sugar cookie mix can serve as a base to these blondies!
I found mine at Target. I’ve also had luck purchasing them at craft stores like Michael’s or Joanne Fabrics, or there’s always Amazon!
Blondies and blondie bites freeze wonderfully! I’d recommend freezing them before adding the frosting and candy eyes for best results. They’ll keep in the freezer for about 2 months.
More Snickerdoodle Recipes
- Snickerdoodle Banana Bread
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Sopapilla Cheesecake
- Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies
A dusting of cinnamon sugar, a delicious vanilla buttercream and the best boxed mix for sugar cookies make these easy blondies as perfect dessert for Halloween or any time of year! With our without the “spooky” garnishes Snickerdoodle Blondie Bites are a portable treat you’ll make over and over again.