This Toffee Chocolate Chip Cheeseball is the perfect dip to serve on Valentine’s Day! It tastes like cheesecake with toffee bits and chocolate chips and it’s covered in festive sprinkles. Customize it for any holiday!
Why You’ll Love This Toffee Chocolate Chip Cheeseball Recipe
Not only are they delicious, but they make it easy to enjoy as much or as little as you want!
Here are some more reasons this sweet cream cheese dip is destined to be a hit:
- It’s incredibly easy. Let’s be honest, we don’t always have time to make an elaborate dessert—even on Valentine’s Day! This toffee chocolate chip cheeseball comes together in a snap.
- It has the flavor of cheesecake, in the form of a no-bake, no-fuss dip.
- Everyone will love it—it’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser!
- You can use it as the centerpiece of a dessert charcuterie board, or simply place it on a tray with cookies or graham crackers for dipping.
Important Ingredient Notes
- Cream cheese – Use the full-fat kind that comes in blocks, not a tub.
- Unsalted butter – Using unsalted butter gives you more control over the flavor of the recipe.
- Powdered sugar – Also known as confectioners’ sugar.
- Brown sugar – Brown sugar adds a caramel note to the cream cheese dip.
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels – Mini chocolate chips mean more evenly distributed chocolate in your toffee chocolate chip cheeseball!
- Toffee bits – While you could chop up a Heath bar, you can also just buy toffee bits from the baking section.
- Sprinkles – Use sprinkles that fit the theme of your party!
How to Make a Toffee Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
- Mix: In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter for about 3 minutes, or until they’re fluffy. Add both sugars and beat until completely blended, then stir in the morsels and toffee bits.
- Chill: Wrap the mixture in a large piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. If desired, lay on a serving tray and shape into a heart, then cover it with sprinkles.
Tips and Tricks
- Soften the cream cheese and butter before starting the recipe. If they’re still chilled, they’ll stick to the beaters and you’ll have trouble getting them to evenly mix into the other ingredients.
- If you don’t want to do sprinkles, you can also cover this in chopped nuts or additional mini chocolate chips.
- To shape the cheeseball, unwrap the chilled mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper and shape it with your hands.
- Adding sprinkles? Use your hands to pat them into the cheeseball so they stick.
What to Serve With This Toffee Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
Here are some of my favorite ideas for dipping:
- Sliced apples, strawberries, and other fresh fruit
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate or vanilla wafers
- Animal crackers
Yes, you can make this toffee chocolate chip cheeseball the night before you plan on serving it. You can shape it and add sprinkles the night before as well, or wait until just before serving.
Yes, you can freeze this cheeseball for up to 2 months. Wrap it tightly, then place it in an airtight container or freezer bag.
This dessert cheeseball will last up to a week in the refrigerator.
More Cheese Ball Recipes
- Chipped Beef Cheese Ball
- Ham and Pineapple Cheese Ball
- Cookies and Cream Cheese Ball
- Monster Cookie Cheese Ball– for Halloween!
- Taco Cheese Ball
Toffee Chocolate Chip Valentine’s Day Cheeseball
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- ½ cup toffee bits Heath
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add both sugars and beat until completely blended. Stir in morsels and toffee bits.
- Wrap mixture in a large piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. If desired, lay on serving tray and shape into a heart, cover with sprinkles!
- **optional: you can also cover this in chopped nuts or additional mini chocolate chips
- Chill in your desired shape, wrapped in plastic wrap.
- After chilling, unwrap onto a sheet of parchment paper and shape with your hands. Then you can also pat sprinkles onto it.