Toffee Chocolate Chip Valentine’s Day Cheeseball
This is the perfect dip to serve on Valentine’s day! It’s a chocolate chip cheeseball with toffee chips mixed in and then covered in holiday sprinkles! My kids are requesting this dip as their after school snack on Valentine’s Day! And apples are the perfect dipping tool, too!
Love this recipe? Sign up for Shugary Sweets email subscription and never miss out again!
A few weeks ago we had company coming over and I made two dips. My Reese’s Peanut Butter Dip and this Valentine’s Day dip. Hopefully my friends are getting used to the idea that we eat holiday treats a month before the actual event.
This dip was very easy to make. Unlike the Reese’s Dip, you want to refrigerate this one for an hour or two to let the cream cheese, butter and sugars harden a little bit. That way you can shape it and cover it with sprinkles.
I have no trick, by the way, for covering this with sprinkles. I first wrapped it in plastic wrap and stuck it in the refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours. I laid a piece of parchment paper on my serving dish and removed the cheeseball from the wrap and put it on the paper. I then patted the sprinkles onto the cheeseball. Yes, my hands were sticky. Yes, sprinkles fell off and went all over the serving plate. When it was done, I tilted the plate and let the sprinkles fall off onto another plate on the counter. I saved my sprinkles (they were perfect to use in homemade confetti cupcakes). You could throw them away though, or repeat the patting process with them!
At this point, EAT. I used pretzels, animal cracker and graham sticks to serve. However, the leftovers were great with Crunchpak apple slices! I wish I had served apples in the first place! The toffee bits in this dip really stood out and made it irresistible! So addicting!
Love this recipe? Find more delicious recipes by following me on Pinterest:
Don’t miss another mouthwatering recipe from Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me:
Toffee Chocolate Chip Valentine's Day Cheeseball
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup toffee bits (Heath)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add both sugars and beat until completely blended. Stir in morsels and toffee bits.
- Wrap mixture in a large piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. If desired, lay on serving tray and shape into a heart, cover with sprinkles!
- **optional: you can also cover this in chopped nuts or additional mini chocolate chips