Toffee Chocolate Chip Valentine’s Day Cheeseball

by aimee @ shugarysweets on February 11, 2013

This is the perfect dip to serve on Valentine’s day! It’s a chocolate chip cheeseball with toffee chips mixed in and then covered in holiday sprinkles! My kids are requesting this dip as their after school snack on Valentine’s Day! And apples are the perfect dipping tool, too!

Chocolate Chip Toffee Dip for Valentine's Day. Easy to make and deliciously addicting! #chocolatechip #valentinesday www.shugarysweets.com

A few weeks ago we had company coming over and I made two dips. My Reese’s Peanut Butter Dip and this Valentine’s Day dip. Hopefully my friends are getting used to the idea that we eat holiday treats a month before the actual event.

This dip was very easy to make. Unlike the Reese’s Dip, you want to refrigerate this one for an hour or two to let the cream cheese, butter and sugars harden a little bit. That way you can shape it and cover it with sprinkles.

I have no trick, by the way, for covering this with sprinkles. I first wrapped it in plastic wrap and stuck it in the refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours. I laid a piece of parchment paper on my serving dish and removed the cheeseball from the wrap and put it on the paper. I then patted the sprinkles onto the cheeseball. Yes, my hands were sticky. Yes, sprinkles fell off and went all over the serving plate. When it was done, I tilted the plate and let the sprinkles fall off onto another plate on the counter. I saved my sprinkles (they were perfect to use in homemade confetti cupcakes). You could throw them away though, or repeat the patting process with them!

At this point, EAT. I used pretzels, animal cracker and graham sticks to serve. However, the leftovers were great with Crunchpak apple slices! I wish I had served apples in the first place! The toffee bits in this dip really stood out and made it irresistible! So addicting!

Love this recipe? Find more delicious recipes by following me on Pinterest:

Valentine Love

Fudge Truffles and Candy

Cheesecake Heaven

Don’t miss another mouthwatering recipe from Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me:

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | Bloglovin’

Toffee Chocolate Chip Valentine’s Day Cheeseball

• 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels
  • 1/2 cup toffee bits (Heath)
  • sprinkles

1. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add both sugars and beat until completely blended. Stir in morsels and toffee bits.
  2. Wrap mixture in a large piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. If desired, lay on serving tray and shape into a heart, cover with sprinkles!
  3. **optional: you can also cover this in chopped nuts or additional mini chocolate chips

Linked To: Talent Show Trick or Treat  Lil Luna  What’s cookin

Eva @ Eva Bakes February 11, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Beautiful! Sounds perfect for a party!
Eva @ Eva Bakes recently posted..Chinese steamed sticky rice cakes (nián gāo)My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:45 am

Thanks Eva. It’s quite perfect, and sprinkles are NOT mandatory. You can also use chocolate jimmies to keep it neutral!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Toffee Chocolate Chip Valentine’s Day CheeseballMy Profile

Jess @ OnSugarMountain February 11, 2013 at 8:07 pm

ohmygod. I just. I don’t even – what do I say in response to this magnificent cheese ball? Is it too old of a reference to merely shout GET IN MY BELLY!!?
Jess @ OnSugarMountain recently posted..#MuffinMonday : Nutella Sea Salt MuffinsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:46 am

GET IN MY BELLY totally works!

April February 11, 2013 at 8:40 pm

This sounds amazing, especially with apples!! Yum!! This might have to be our after school snack too!

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:47 am

Enjoy April. The apples tasted so good dipped in this…or maybe it was the other way around?

Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations February 11, 2013 at 8:51 pm

This looks soo good. Can I bring over my apple slices?
Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations recently posted..Strawberry Oreo White Chocolate Fridge CakeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:48 am

Sure can!! Any reason to make another cheeseball is good in my book.

Audra | The Baker Chick February 11, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Oh Aimee this is SO beautiful! What a perfect treat for a Valentine’s Party or just to snack on with loved ones. Love it!
Audra | The Baker Chick recently posted..DIY Homemade Soy Candle TutorialMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:48 am

Thanks Audra!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust February 11, 2013 at 9:49 pm

I remember getting all the sprinkles like that on my PB football. A little work, but so worth it. This is amazing Aimee! I wouldn’t share, not at all!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Amaretto FudgeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:50 am

Yes, that football, OMG! So worth it to get it covered in sprinkles!

Meghan @ The Tasty Fork February 11, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Hand over the animal crackers! I want some of that dip!! Looks so cute for Valentine’s Day
Meghan @ The Tasty Fork recently posted..Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch & Chocolate BarsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:51 am

Thanks Meghan! Animal crackers are a delicious “spoon”

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet February 11, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Ok Aimee. This is so great!! I just want to keep staring at the photos. I bet my kids would love this as well!
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Chocolate Conversation Hearts Sour Cream CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:51 am

I’m pretty sure your kids would love it as well Nancy! ENJOY!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 12, 2013 at 12:35 am

Great idea!! You got me thinking! This would make such a wonderful spread to serve on V-day!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Grilled Chipotle Chicken with Chipotle Cream Sauce – SRCMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 6:52 am

It sure would! ENJOY Jennifer!

Conyers April 28, 2014 at 4:18 am

You’ve got it in one. Coludn’t have put it better.

tanya February 12, 2013 at 7:03 am

Looks gorgeous Aimee! If I had this waiting for my kids as an after school snack, they would think they’ve died and gone to heaven! Yummy! I may make it for myself as an “after they leave for school snack”!

Sues February 12, 2013 at 7:30 am

This is AWESOME!!! So, so pretty! Happy Valentine’s Day :)
Sues recently posted..Broiled Brown Sugar GrapefruitMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Happy Valentine’s to you Sues!!!

Liz Fourez February 12, 2013 at 8:44 am

You had me at toffee, my friend! Thanks so much for sharing, Aimee!

Liz
Liz Fourez recently posted..How to Create a Record WallMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I’ve never put toffee bits in my chocolate chip cheeseball before, and must say … DUH! So delish.

Ari @ Ari's Menu February 12, 2013 at 9:33 am

OMG. I just want to jump through the screen and eat the entire thing in one sitting! It looks so fantastic! Aaaaand, now I really want to make a cannoli cheeseball. You’re giving me all sorts of crazy ideas ;)
Ari @ Ari’s Menu recently posted..Cookie Butter Cookie Dough BarsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Ooooh a cannoli cheeseball sounds amazing. You better just make one soon :)

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction February 12, 2013 at 9:41 am

Oh, this needs to happen in my kitchen ASAP!
Jessica@AKitchenAddiction recently posted..Molten Lava Cake BitesMy Profile

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life February 12, 2013 at 10:24 am

Girl you are killing me with all these awesome dips! Can I come live with you? :-) I need this in life. And how cute to shape it into a heart. I think everyone in our lives are used to us serving them holiday food the month before the actual holiday! #foodbloggerproblems
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Trick or Treat Tuesday #6My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Totally agree. I am already thinking “green.” And of course you can come live with me. Oh the fun we would have :)

Amber (Sprinkled With Flour) February 12, 2013 at 10:50 am

My son would LOVE this sweet cheeseball. I’m pretty sure I need to have this waiting for him after school on Thursday. Yep. It’s settled. I do. :)
Amber (Sprinkled With Flour) recently posted..Apple Butter Bread with Cinnamon GlazeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I agree this needs to happen. You know. For your son. Yep, for him!!

Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking February 12, 2013 at 11:10 am

oh my Aimee! You did it again! I love toffee! I love chocolate! I love cheesecake! Put them all together and you’ve got me on my knees begging for some! Delicious!
Roxana | Roxana’s Home Baking recently posted..Chocolate Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting #IDLoveMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 12:16 pm

No need to beg, I’ll share. Only if you share that PB cake :)

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen February 12, 2013 at 11:16 am

OH EM GEE!! This heart of goodness looks AMAZING! I seriously want to take a bite now and will definitely be making this for an upcoming party! Pinning ! :)

Karly February 12, 2013 at 11:44 am

This is just what I needed. A large heart shaped slab of cream cheese and sugar. It really isn’t Valentine’s Day without it.
Karly recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough FudgeMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Agreed!

Lisa February 12, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I gain 10 pounds when I visit your site just by reading what you made! Love this one!!
Lisa recently posted..Sweet and Sour ChickenMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 12, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Good thing I have a disclaimer in my “about me” page about weight gain! Thanks for stopping by Lisa :)

Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies February 12, 2013 at 12:56 pm

I love toffee! This sounds super tasty (even if I’m way too lazy to shape this into a heart :))
Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies recently posted..Vegan Banana French ToastMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 13, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Oh don’t be lazy now, you can totally do it!!!

Lora February 12, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Love this idea. the heart is so pretty and festive!
Lora recently posted..Valentine’s Raspberry Vanilla Marble Heart Sugar CookiesMy Profile

Jill February 12, 2013 at 7:56 pm

This looks absolutely DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing! Smiles, Jill
Jill recently posted..Fun Interactive Valentine in a BagMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 13, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Thanks Jill!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor February 12, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Aimee, are you kidding me with this cuteness?!? This is the most adorable cheeseball I’ve ever laid eyes on {wait until I get my lips around it…LOL!}. Looks amazing. I so, so wish our school allowed homemade treats…because I would totally bring this to both kids’ parties. SUPER awesome.

aimee @ shugarysweets February 13, 2013 at 12:38 pm

hahha, you crack me up Kristi!! Well, if the kids can’t have it at school you just need to make it for home!

Liz February 12, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Your dip is beautiful Aimee! I’m sure it tastes delicious too :)
Liz recently posted..Cranberry & Grapefruit SconesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 13, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Thanks Liz, it is pretty tasty!!

Jennifer @ Mother Thyme February 12, 2013 at 11:03 pm

I have a weakness for dips, especially ones that have toffee and chocolate chips in them. I love the heart shape too, so cute!
Jennifer @ Mother Thyme recently posted..Fruit PizzaMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 13, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Thanks Jennifer! The heart shape was fun, I love adding sprinkles to as many foods as possible!

Hines April 28, 2014 at 4:23 am

Frankly I think that’s abltuloesy good stuff.

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel February 12, 2013 at 11:30 pm

You totes outdid yourself, girl. This cheeseball is INSANE.
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel recently posted..Valentine Heart ChowMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 13, 2013 at 12:41 pm

hahaha, thanks Hayley!!

Erika @ The Hopeless Housewife February 13, 2013 at 12:52 am

Yum, this is fantastic!

aimee @ shugarysweets February 13, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Thanks Erika, I hope you give it a try!!

Rachel Cooks February 13, 2013 at 7:36 am

Loooooving the sprinkle action here.
Rachel Cooks recently posted..Cookie Butter “Chip” MuffinsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets February 13, 2013 at 12:43 pm

I love a good reason to cover my food in sprinkles!

Jill February 13, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Oh my! How cute and delicious does this look?!

sally @ sallys baking addiction February 13, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Ok this is completely out of control is the very best way possible. I’ve been seeing this all over Pinterest the past 2 days Aimee! LOVING all of these sprinkles ;)
sally @ sallys baking addiction recently posted..1 XXL Death by Chocolate Cookie.My Profile

Meg @ Sweet Twist February 14, 2013 at 11:13 pm

I will be making this dip for sure. I love toffee bits. So delicious.

Jibn2xTEpKap4j July 16, 2013 at 5:22 pm

580065 451461I enjoy your writing style really enjoying this web site . 664320

Valerie February 25, 2014 at 2:45 pm

I made this for my husband’s 50th surprise birthday party and it was a BIG hit! People were hesitant to eat it at first but when the first person dug in, it was full speed ahead. All I kept hearing was, “What is that!” My 17 y/o nephew made another one last night. It is addictive!!! Thanks so much; I can’t wait to try all of them….