Mango Guacamole

Next time you crave guacamole add some sweet diced mangoes to the mix! Mango Guacamole was a big hit at our home!

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Mango Guacamole...sweet mangoes add a delicious depth of flavor to this classic snack!

I seriously need to learn some Mango cutting skills. We love the fruit in our house, but no matter the you tube video I watch, I can’t seem to cut a mango and get the maximum amount of fruit. If anyone has some tips and tricks feel free to leave me a comment below. I need help.

Since I failed at cutting my own mangoes at home, I turned to Costco to help a girl out. And, because it’s Costco, I have to buy several pounds of sliced and peeled mangoes. Which we normally can devour in one sitting, because there is no work in prepping them.

However, for some reason, I was moving things around in the fridge and found a package of mangoes all ready to be used. I also happened to have a few avocados ripe and ready for eating. My mind immediately went to guacamole.

A bowl of guacamole in our house is probably like a bowl of chocolate in others. It will be eaten in MINUTES. The sweet mangoes combined with the avocado, salt and lime is such a great combo.

With Cinco de Mayo coming up soon, I think you need to put this recipe aside just for the occasion. Speaking of which, if you haven’t already followed me, I’ve got a whole Pinterest Board for CINCO DE MAYO recipes. From dinner to dessert, drinks and appetizers. You’re going to find something to inspire you….I promise!

Check back later this week, I’ve got a great dinner recipe and this Mango Guacamole is the perfect side. Yes, guacamole can be a side dish. Don’t judge.

Connect with Shugary Sweets!

Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!

Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Mango Guacamole

Yield: serves 4-6

• 3 ripe avocados
  • 1 mango, peeled and diced
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 1 handful cilantro, snipped
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 lime, juiced

1. In a large bowl, mash avocados with a fork until only some chunks remain. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!

Looking for more Cinco de Mayo recipes? Be sure to follow my Pinterest Board!!

Follow Shugary Sweets’s board Cinco de Mayo on Pinterest.

Baked Empanadas with Pillsbury Pie crust is an easy weeknight meal idea!

Another great dinner idea is Slow Cooker Barbacoa with Cilantro Lime Rice. My husband’s favorite meal!

36 Responses to “Mango Guacamole”

1. posted Apr 7, 2014 at 8:30 am

I pretty much love adding mango to anything! Usually, I have mango salsa or guacamole with tortilla chips, but I love the combination of the two!

2. posted Apr 7, 2014 at 9:25 am

I have no mango cutting skills either. But I do have guacamole eating skills!

3. posted Apr 7, 2014 at 10:43 am

I need to go see if my Costco has mangoes. I didn’t realize they sold sliced and peeled ones. That will make my life so much easier! I want guacamole for breakfast now.

• posted Apr 8, 2014 at 7:25 am

I hope yours has them too!!! We devour so much mango now that it’s easy to eat.

4. posted Apr 7, 2014 at 11:15 am

A bowl of this guacamole wouldn’t last long at my house! Love the addition of mango!

5. posted Apr 7, 2014 at 11:30 am

Just the words mango guacamole sound like heaven so I know it must taste like heaven!

6. posted Apr 7, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I love this combo. I am a bit lacking in my mango cutting skills also. I always find myself wanting to chew on the pit so nothing goes to waste.. (sorry, TMI probably.)

• posted Apr 7, 2014 at 5:23 pm

LOL!! I’ve chewed on the pit myself so I won’t judge!

7. posted Apr 7, 2014 at 3:58 pm

I would guard this bowl with my life and not let anyone else get to it :) looks SO GOOD!

• posted Apr 8, 2014 at 7:28 am

Thanks Averie, there was no guarding this unfortunately, the kids helped me make it!! And eat it!

8. posted Apr 7, 2014 at 4:00 pm

I adore guacamole, and bet it’s so good sweetened up with mango!

• posted Apr 8, 2014 at 7:29 am

It is sweeter with the mango, it’s such a nice surprise with each bite!!!

9. posted Apr 7, 2014 at 9:00 pm

I totally fail at cutting mangoes so if you come across any good tips, please do share!

I love the addition of mango in this guacamole. Heck, I love guacamole! I know I’d gobble this right up with a taco salad or even on its own. Great recipe, Aimee!

• posted Apr 8, 2014 at 7:19 am

Thanks Julie, seems like nobody is leaving me any good tips!!!

10. posted Apr 8, 2014 at 7:00 am

I just bought a mango so I could make this very recipe. Looks fantastic!

11. posted Apr 8, 2014 at 9:36 am

Now that my friend has to be amazing! Can’t wait to give this a go.
    Have a beautiful Tuesday Amy!

12. posted Apr 8, 2014 at 8:57 pm

If i were to chose between eating and making mango yummy food, i’d go for eating right away. Is it just me? or this pictures make me go hungry ? i mean whats with these photos? magic.. wish my wife come and visit your site soon… ill share this to her… cant wait for the chow time….

13. posted Apr 8, 2014 at 10:35 pm

I gave up trying to cut a mango, after watching countless videos on YouTube too! I too, just buy the pre-cut mango at Sam’s! So much easier!

14. posted Apr 9, 2014 at 5:28 am

I wouldn’t have thought of putting mango in guacamole! Thanks for the creative idea.

15. posted Apr 9, 2014 at 9:46 am

We have a mango tree in our yard so I cut up quite a few mangos every year. The best method for me is to cut a small slice off the stem end so that the mango will have a flat surface and can stand upright on a cutting board. Holding the mango at the top, use a chefs knife to slice the skin off from the top to the bottom, turning the mango but keeping it upright. Once it is peeled, cut from the top down on one side close to the flat side of the pit and then the other side close to the pit. You will have 2 large slices. Sometimes you can also get a small sliver off the ends of the pit as well. I think this method yields the most fruit and it’s relatively easy once you cut a few.

• posted Apr 10, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Oooh great tips Sandy thank you!! A mango tree in your yard? I’m jealous!

16. posted Apr 9, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Ooooo I love this sweet addition to savory guacamole! So often I try ones that are so freaking spicy, I think a little sweetness would go such a long way. Fantastic recipe, Aimee! 😀

• posted Apr 10, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Thanks girl, it’s a nice change from the original!

17. Brenda B
    posted Apr 11, 2014 at 2:39 pm

The salsa sounds like heaven. I cant wait to add the mango to my next batch……I find that the best way to cut a mango is to lay it flat in your hand cut from the top to the bottom as close to the seed you can by feeling the seed with your knife all the way down just like you filet a fish. do the other side the same way. Then take each half one at a time , lay the shin side in the palm of your hand and with a small pairing knife slice down to your palm without going through the skin. You can feel the pressure from the tip of the knife. Make rows of cuts as close as you need your cubes of mango to be. Then cut lines going across…like a checker board. Then flip it inside out like a porcupine. Then just trim it all out of the skin. There might be a little left around the seed but you can trim that with your knife or kitchen scissors. Try it…Its easy and you get better the more you do it

18. Pingback: Five Summer Cilantro Recipes

19. Pingback: 25 Mouthwatering Mexican Food Recipes | Cinco de Mayo

20. Pingback: 5 Steps to Create the Perfect Cinco de Mayo Fiesta! |

21. posted May 6, 2014 at 2:30 pm

It has been too long since I’ve made homemade guacamole and you have me drooling over this mango version! I know yesterday was Cinco de Mayo, but I think I need some of this today. :)

22. posted Mar 24, 2015 at 10:54 am

Hmm.. What a nice twist to a guacamole!! love it!!

23. Pingback: Broccoli Ham Quiche - Shugary Sweets