Happy National Cheesecake Day! Let’s celebrate with this creamy, delicious Lemon Cheesecake!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
**I am a brand ambassador for PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese. All opinions are 100% my own!**
Some people celebrate Christmas, Elvis’ birthday, anniversaries. But I also enjoy celebrating food holidays. And today, being National Cheesecake Day, is one of my favorites!
As you may recall, I’ve been working with PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese this year to create some delicious recipes using their product. When they asked if I could create a dessert for National Cheesecake Day, well, it only seemed fitting I go with a lemon flavored treat.
Several years ago we had a house sitter who would leave us cheesecakes in the refrigerator when we would return home from vacations. I mean seriously, do you know how exciting it was to return home to a freshly baked cheesecake? He made some great flavors. When he moved, he gave me his basic recipes for some of these cheesecakes. Today, I tweaked one of his base recipes and added some homemade lemon curd on top. I also used a chocolate cookie crust instead of a graham cracker crust, just to add a little extra decadence. It is a holiday after all!
I know many people get afraid when it’s time to make a cheesecake. They think it’s going to be hard. Just like I’m afraid to make macarons. I know, silly right?
Cheesecake can be super easy if you follow a few of my favorite tricks:
- Line the bottom and sides of your springform pan with foil. This is VERY important. Because we are going to bake our cheesecakes in a water bath, you don’t want that water seeping into your cheesecake. Cut a big piece of foil and wrap the bottom of your pan (ON THE OUTSIDE). If I’m feeling paranoid, I’ll double layer the foil.
- Use PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese for your filling. Seriously people, you want the creamiest cheesecake? Using a product that is made from fresh local milk (from farm to fridge in just 6 days) and real wholesome cream creates the best cheesecake. It’s a no brainer.
- Once you make your cheesecake crust and add your filling, place your pan into a water bath. I use my broiler pan. I place my cheesecake into the pan, then add enough water to go up the sides of the springform pan about 1 inch.
- Bake cheesecake according to directions. When it’s done baking, DON’T open the oven. Just turn the oven off and leave your cheesecake in there for about 45 minutes. This helps cut down on those cracks on top of your cheesecake!
- Remove cheesecake from oven after 45 minutes and allow to set in refrigerator. I prefer to give it at least 6-8 hours, but I’ve eaten it as quickly as 4 hours. Add your lemon curd and slice and serve. (for nice clean slices, run knife in hot water and wipe with paper towel after each slice)
So there you have it. A few of my favorite tricks for Cheesecake Baking. Today’s recipe uses one fresh lemon, zested into the cheesecake filling and some homemade Lemon Curd on top. It adds a touch of sweetness from the citrus curd. You can make your own using this recipe, or buy a jar at the store. And don’t forget to stock up on some PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese.
Connect with PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese:
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 7 hours, 30 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
For the crust:
- 16 Chocolate wafer cookies
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- 2 packages (8oz each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
For the topping:
- 1 cup lemon curd
- Prepare 9inch springform pan by wrapping entire bottom, and partially up the sides with foil (the OUTSIDE of the pan, no inside). Set aside.
- To make crust, blend cookies in food processor until fine Incorporate melted butter until even. Press crust into bottom of a 9inch springform pan. Freeze while you make the filling.
- In a saucepan with inch of boiling water, place a double boiler, metal bowl or glass bowl to heat heavy cream. Once warm, add white chocolate chips and remove from heat. Whisk until chocolate is smooth. Set aside to cool (about 15 minutes).
- For the billing, beat cream cheese, lemon zest, sugar, cornstarch, sour cream and vanilla.
- Slowly add cooled white chocolate mixtures. Finally, add eggs, one at a time until mixture is smooth. Pour into prepared crust and place cheesecake pan into a large baking dish (I use a roasting pan). Fill dish with hot water to about 1-2 inches up sides of cheesecake pan.
- Bake 60 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Turn off oven and let sit undisturbed for about 45 minutes. Remove and allow to cool in refrigerator about 6-8 hours (or overnight).
- Top with prepared lemon curd, slice and enjoy!
“I have been selected by Kraft Foods to be an ambassador for PHILADELPHIA cream cheese. While I have been compensated for my time, my opinions are my own, and I have not been paid to post positive comments. Read my disclosure policy for more information!”
It’s Cheesecake Day… check out some of my friend’s who are sharing their favorite recipes today too!
If you’re more of a visual person, check out my Cheesecake Board on Pinterest!!
Follow Shugary Sweets’s board Cheesecake Heaven on Pinterest.
- Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
- Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
- Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
- Chocolate Cheesecake w/ Whisky Toffee Shards from girlichef
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Savvy Eats
- Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
- Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
- Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake from Love and Confections
- Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
- Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lilikoi Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Shortbread Crust from Dieter’s Downfall
- Mango Cheesecake (vegan) from Jessiker Bakes
- Mini cheesecakes with a toasted coconut crust (gluten free) from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
- Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
- New York Style Cheesecake from URBAN BAKES
- Oreo Cheesecake (vegan) from Namely Marly
- Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
- Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
- Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
- Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Sugar Cookie Cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
- Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
- White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
No Bake Cheesecakes:
- Butter Pecan Caramel No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
- Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini No Bake Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
- Neapolitan No Bake Cheesecake from Grandbaby Cakes
- No-Bake Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
- No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
- No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
- No-Bake Limoncello Cheesecake from Cake Duchess
- No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
- Caramel Cheesecake Martini from Happy Food, Healthy Life
Cheesecake Cookies and Bars:
- Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
- No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
- No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
- Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Cheesecake Desserts and Treats:
- Banana Foster No Bake Cheesecake Shooters from Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
- Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
- Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
Frozen Cheesecakes and Treats:
- Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
- Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust