Peach Hand Pies
Dessert is ready in 30 minutes with these Glazed Peach Hand Pies! The flaky crust and spicy cinnamon filling are the perfect combo in a hand pie, plus they’re baked not fried!
Be sure to sign up for my free email subscription…new recipes in your inbox
I’m often scrambling when my kids ask for dessert. Odd, right? You would think our house would have trays of cookies and cakes and fudge just laying around. But reality is, I usually only bake once a week. And it’s often around events, so that treats aren’t sitting around for me to eat. Especially during the school year when I’m home alone with dessert on the counter, begging to be eaten.
But in the summer, I find that with all the kids in and out during the day, the extra cookies and candies get eaten by others. So at dessert time, there is nothing but ice cream in the freezer.
If you’re looking for a dessert that is quick to whip up, but can also impress family and friends, these Peach Hand Pies may just be your answer. With 5 simple ingredients, and NO FRYER needed, you can have the comfort of a a peach pie, with the convenience of a cookie! And there won’t be any left just lying around because they will be gobbled up quickly!
Last year I made a homemade Apple Hand Pie recipe, and it’s quickly become one of my most popular recipes on the blog! The mouthwatering apple pie filling is incredible! Today’s recipe for peach pie uses a simple can of pie filling with an addition of cinnamon to give it a little more depth in flavor. It was perfect. If you have a homemade peach pie filling, feel free to use that too! I took a knife and fork and diced up the canned peaches in the filling so they fit nicely in the center of the hand pies! Be sure to watch the video for complete instructions!
Now I know where they get the saying….”easy as pie.”
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Peach Hand Pies
Yield: 24 hand pies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 boxes (14.1 oz each) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 can (21 oz) peach pie filling
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove pie crusts from package and allow to come to room temperature while you prepare filling.
- Dump pie filling in a shallow bowl and dice peaches using a fork and knife (you want them to be small pieces). Add in cinnamon and mix until blended. Set aside.
- Unroll pie crusts and cut 6 circles from each crust using a 4-inch biscuit cutter. You may have to re-roll the scraps to get the 6th circle.
- Using a 1 tbsp cookie scoop, drop peach pie filling into center of each pie crust circle. Fold in half and pinch edges completely. Fold pinched edges over and press with the tines of a fork to seal. Poke hand pie with fork once, to prevent bursting.
- Beat egg white in a small bowl until frothy. Brush over the tops of each hand pie. Bake on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (1 inch apart) for about 15 minutes, until browned.
- While pies are baking, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Remove cooked pies from baking sheet and drop (while warm) into glaze, coating it completely. I use two forks to flip it in the glaze and remove carefully. Return to parchment paper and allow to set (about 5 minutes). ENJOY!
Love today’s PEACH Hand Pie recipe? Here are a few other delicious favorites….
Peach Pie Bars: a delicious sheet pan of peach pie, without the hassle of a crust!
Snickers Pie: one of my favorite summertime treats…this frozen pie is always a hit!
Strawberry Pie Bars: canned pie filling with a cream cheese glaze makes a great treat!
Love today’s Hand Pie recipe? Check out these delicious pies from my friends…
- Lemon Meringue Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Strawberry Margarita Pie from Grandbaby Cakes
- Amish Peanut Butter Pie from Noshing with the Nolands
- Polka Dot Peach Pie from The Baker Chick
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**