Maple Bacon Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp maple extract
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet morsels
- 4 thick slices bacon, cooked (see note below)
- NOTE: Before starting, cook bacon. Lay 4 thick slices of bacon on a small baking sheet lined with foil. Top with 1/3 cup brown sugar. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on piece of foil. Cut into small pieces when cooled and set aside for cookies.
- In mixer, beat butter with brown sugar for 4 minutes. Add salt, eggs and maple extract. Slowly add in flour, baking soda and baking powder. Fold in bacon and chocolate chips. Scoop by large tablespoons onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow to sit on pan 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**