Looking for a delicious, make ahead meal for the hectic holiday season? This Sausage Pizza Bake is the answer to your busy weeknight schedule!
**Today’s recipe is sponsored by Bisquick. All opinions are 100% my own**
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox
I don’t know about you, but dinner time can be crazy during the week at our house. Add in the hectic holidays and getting a delicious dinner on the table can be cumbersome.
Enter: Easy Sausage Pizza Bake.
I found this easy dinner recipe idea over on the Bisquick Holiday Make Ahead Collection.
I couldn’t resist giving it a try. However, I changed it up a little bit. I made it in the morning, and before you put it in the oven, I covered it with foil and stuck it in my refrigerator. I wanted a recipe that I can just pop in the oven at dinnertime.
We love using Bisquick to make drop biscuits. Our favorite is the garlic and cheese version on the box. Using those biscuits as inspiration, I added some garlic to our dough. I also swapped and changed a few other things too, as you’ll read below!
This recipe was wonderful. It reminded me of a deep dish Chicago style pizza! And as a Chicago native…I love me some deep dish pizza!
The convenience of having this made ahead of time in my refrigerator was awesome! Perfect not only for our crazy weeknights, but also on the weekend after a full day of Christmas shopping!
Do you have any make ahead, easy meal ideas for this time of year? I’d love to hear about it!
Now I just need to finish planning out our Christmas shopping and bake another version of the Pizza Bake for the occasion!
Connect with Bisquick:
- 4 cup Bisquick (original Bisquick mix)
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb Italian Sausage, bulk (no casings)
- 1 jar (32 oz) spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Brown Italian sausage in a skillet over medium high heat. Use a wooden spoon to crumble as it cooks. Drain off fat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Bisquick, water, melted butter and garlic powder. Mix until fully combined into a dough. Divide dough in half.
- In a glass 13x9 baking dish, using half of the dough, drop by tablespoon into bottom of the dish. Top with half the jar of sauce and half of the browned Italian Sausage. Add half the shredded cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Cover dish with foil and refrigerate until ready to bake. Or keep covered and bake immediately for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 25 minutes, until bubbly and browned. Serve and enjoy!
- recipe adapted from Bisquick Pizza Bake
Follow on Pinterest: I’ve got a delicious Make Ahead Recipes Pin Board, all tagged #getyourbettyon
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.