Please trust me that this is one of the best tetrazinnis you will ever eat, even though the picture is a little yellow. As you can tell I don’t put mushrooms in mine, as my husband would probably cry, or throw a tantrum. However, the white wine adds a rich flavor to the creamy sauce, you won’t miss the mushrooms (too much).
My mother in law first introduced me to this delish dish! It’s now my go-to recipe to bring to other families, for instance when a baby is born. Kids love it too, but call it white spaghetti, cause tetrazinni sounds a little too scary!
- 12 oz thin spaghetti, cooked
- ½ cup butter (plus more for buttering pan)
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked, diced
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cup sour cream
- ½ cup dry white wine (I use Beringer, but you can also use cooking wine)
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine 1/2 cup butter, cooked chicken, soup, sour cream, and white wine. Pour into a buttered 13x9. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake in a 300 degree oven for 45 minutes, covered with foil. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- May be made in advance and refrigerated (before cooking). However, add time if that is the case to heat thoroughly! Enjoy!
Copyright Shugary Sweets 2011-2014