Peanut Butter Cake
I’m so excited to let one of my new blog friends, Roxana, take over Shugary Sweets for the day! Not only does she make incredible desserts, but she has great bread making tips as well! Roxana is sharing a delicious Peanut Butter Cake that will knock your socks off! Look at those Reese’s Peanut Butter Hearts on top…they are also INSIDE! I wish I could say she not only is sharing on the blog, but also in real life. I’d LOVE a slice of this cake. Hmmm….does it ship well Roxana?
Hello Shugary Sweets fans! For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Roxana, the baker, photographer and writer behind Roxana’s Home Baking. And as much as I hate it, I’m doing the dishes as well. My family, friends and neighbors are my trusty taste-testers. I love baking from scratch and my sweet tooth is the boss in my kitchen. I’m a chocolate girl at heart and you can always win me over with a loaf of freshly baked bread.
I’m happy to be here, on Aimee’s beautiful blog sharing one of my husband’s favorite cakes : Peanut Butter Cake. The idea of this cake came from a magazine I read while waiting for my dentist appointment. I quickly snapped a photo with my phone and couldn’t wait to get home and try it. To our disappointment the cake turned out so dry I deleted the picture and decided to make a peanut butter cake by my own heart. I wanted a light, moist cake with the right amount of peanut butter flavor.
As you probably know, peanut butter tends to put a weight on baked goods and there’s a thin line between a light moist and a heavy dense dry cake.
But no worries, this cake is everything you want in a peanut butter cake. It’s light, moist with a small crumb and here and there you get bits of chopped peanut butter cups/or hearts as I used this time.
The peanut butter frosting is literally the icing on the cake. It’s creamy, silky and addictive! I highly recommend using heavy cream instead of milk for the best frosting ever!
Thank you Aimee for allowing me to share this peanut butter cake recipe with your readers. I hope you’ll bake it soon (Valentine’s Day is just around the corner) and you’ll enjoy it as much as we did.
Connect with Roxanna here:
Peanut Butter Cake
For the Cake:
- 1 1/4 cups (150 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup soft butter
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanut butter cups mixed with 1 tbsp flour (the candy tends to sink at the bottom if you don't mix it with a little bit of flour)
For the Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups (240 grams) powder sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup heavy cream (depending on your peanut butter thickness)
- Peanut Butter Cups / Hearts to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter one 9" cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl cream butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. At low-speed, add the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Shake the excess flour and add the chopped peanut nutter cups to the batter. With a spatula mix until combined.
- Spoon batter in the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake cake until about 33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool cake 5 minutes. Turn out onto racks, peel off parchment. Cool cake completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, in a mixing bowl add the butter, peanut butter and 1/3 cup heavy cream. Stir at low-speed until combined. Slowly add the powder sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. When all the sugar is added increase the speed and mix for 1 more minute. If needed, slowly add few more drops of heavy cream.
- Frost the cake completely. Decorate with peanut butter cups/hearts.
- Keep cake refrigerated. Serve at room temperature.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**