Lemon Biscotti

by aimee @ shugarysweets on May 8, 2014

My obsession with making biscotti continues with this gorgeous Lemon Biscotti recipe! It’s so easy and so pretty, maybe you should make it for Mother’s Day?

Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin’

Lemon Biscotti: breakfast cookies, does it get much better than that? #lemon #biscotti

Last week my hubby and I escaped for a few hours. For dinner. We ate some of the most delicious seafood at Bonefish Grill. Have you been there? I’m totally obsessed right now with their Bang  Bang Shrimp (that recipe must be recreated here soon)!

Anyways, after dinner we were chatting about coffee (surprised?). And he mentioned that every time I post a picture of my coffee (and cup) on instagram there is always ONE person asking where I buy my cups from. I’m a bit obsessed with coffee mugs. (Ironically, that evening I got an email from someone wanting to know where I purchased the mug from this blog post. TJ Maxx. Always.)

No really, I am.

I’ve already started packing my kitchen a little (remember, I’m moving sometime this summer), and I’ve packed two boxes of mugs and donated another full box of mugs. And my cabinet STILL has numerous mugs remaining.

I choose my mug each morning based on my mood, haha!

So after dinner, I convinced him to run over to TJ Maxx with me, to purchase a new mug. It had been almost a month (maybe two) since my last purchase. Crazy right? Haha! I have to give my readers what they want, and they clearly want me to have new mugs!

I almost always get my mugs from the Maxx, and I was openly disappointed that they had NO mugs. None. It was like someone knocked over the whole shelf and the mugs were gone.

So now I’m on the hunt for a new mug. Because biscotti must be eaten with a hot cup of coffee. And adorable biscotti like today’s version should be paired with an adorable mug.

Am I right?

I’ve said this countless times before, don’t be afraid of biscotti. It’s SO easy to make, and the flavors are limitless. If you can bake a cookie, you can bake biscotti. This lemon version might just be my favorite one yet! Don’t worry, if you prefer chocolate over citrus, I’ve got another one ready for you next month!! Can you wait that long?

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Save your favorite recipes to your personal recipe box with the     button on all my recipes! Create a Meal Plan with your “favorited” recipes and the ingredients will automatically be added to your own Grocery List!

Lemon Biscotti

Yield: 12-14 biscotti

Easy to make, Lemon Biscotti is the perfect breakfast!

For the biscotti:
  • 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 tsp lemon extract
  • 1 lemon, zested
  • 2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • For the garnish:
  • 3/4 cup Vanilla Candiquik, melted
  • 1 lemon, zested
  • 2 Tbsp granulated sugar

1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar for two minutes until well blended. Add in eggs, lemon extract and lemon zest. Add flour and baking powder, mixing until combined, and dough comes together.
  2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat. Place dough on baking sheet and press (using floured hands) into a 12inch x 4inch rectangle. Bake for 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove and cool 10 minutes.
  3. Slice in 3/4-1inch slices. Turn each slice carefully onto it's side. Return to oven and bake 8 minutes. Flip to opposite side and bake an additional 8 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
  4. In a small bowl combine lemon zest and granulated sugar. Mix with a fork until combined. Dip tops of each cooled biscotti into melted candiquik and immediately sprinkle with lemon sugar. Allow to set (about 10 minutes) and enjoy.
  5. Store in an airtight container or ziploc bag for up to 10 days. ENJOY.

LOVE Biscotti as much as I do? Probably not, but just in case, here are a few of MY favorites….

biscotti

My love of coffee and biscotti unite in this Caramel Macchiato Biscotti recipe!

cranberry-pistachio-biscotti-4

Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti isn’t just for the holidays. Enjoy it year round!!

chocolate-orange-biscotti-2

This Chocolate Orange Biscotti is so full of flavor, I think you will LOVE it!

Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) May 8, 2014 at 8:17 am

Is there a Home Goods near you?! If so, you must must must try there! I always find the most adorable kitchen stuff at Home Goods. I drag my husband along all the time. And this biscotti?! Must have it! I used to eat biscotti every day in college but it has been a while. This one needs to happen soon!
Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) recently posted..Homemade Glazed CrullersMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 10, 2014 at 8:31 am

I love Home Goods, but it’s not close to me. That could be very dangerous!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Frosted Gooey Chocolate Cake BarsMy Profile

Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon May 8, 2014 at 8:24 am

I’m wishing I had some to go with my coffee right now! I love lemon :)
Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon recently posted..Antipasto Salad with Red Wine VinaigretteMy Profile

Beth @ The First Year May 8, 2014 at 9:10 am

Aimee, a biscotti obsession is a good thing :-) And lemon biscotti is great any time of the year in my book!
Beth @ The First Year recently posted..Southwest BBQ Chicken OmeletMy Profile

Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet May 8, 2014 at 9:24 am

I love your obsession with biscotti! I’m thinking I need you to send me the whole batch just to taste test! :)
Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet recently posted..Chocolate Hazelnut Caramel Cookies + a giveawayMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 10, 2014 at 8:32 am

I really should. We always have biscotti coming out of the oven :)

Matt Robinson May 8, 2014 at 10:19 am

Wishing I had a few of these on my plate right now, simply amazing! Thanks!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction May 8, 2014 at 10:43 am

I love your biscotti obsession! These look perfect!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction recently posted..White Chocolate Lemon Brioche TwistsMy Profile

Sarah @ Miss CandiQuika May 8, 2014 at 11:34 am

In love with this recipe, lemon zest and I have a veryyy special bond. + I’ve never made my own biscotti and that must change.
Sarah @ Miss CandiQuika recently posted..Sunflower Cookie PopsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 10, 2014 at 8:33 am

Yes. That must change!!!

kristy @ the wicked noodle May 8, 2014 at 11:47 am

Okay, I love lemon desserts and I love biscotti!! These look FANTASTIC!! Thanks for sharing :)
kristy @ the wicked noodle recently posted..5-minute faux phoMy Profile

Mary Frances May 8, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Bang bang shrimp is amazing; looking forward to that copycat recipe! But first, I love this fresh spring twist on biscotti! I usually lump it into the Christmas gift category … not anymore!
Mary Frances recently posted..Healthy Foods I Don’t Like (but I feel like I should anyways)My Profile

Kentucky Lady 717 May 8, 2014 at 2:20 pm

These sound really good, but has a lot of butter & sugar in it tho…..do you have a more healthier recipe for biscotti ?

aimee @ shugarysweets May 10, 2014 at 8:30 am

Sorry, I don’t.

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor May 8, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Aimee, you always have the best biscotti! The best part about this biscotti is the topping!
Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor recently posted..Strawberries and Cream Cookie BarsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 10, 2014 at 8:30 am

Aww thanks Ashley. And I agree, the topping on this one was PHENOMENAL!!

Sues May 8, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I love mugs, too, and definitely have far too many. Guess I need to start looking at TJ Maxx! This biscotti sounds so fabulous- and is so pretty, too!!
Sues recently posted..Grapefruit Shandy Mussels with Grapefruit LinguineMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 10, 2014 at 8:28 am

Haha, sorry to give you a new place to haunt :)

Cindy @ Pick Fresh Foods May 8, 2014 at 11:46 pm

I love BoneFish Grill. I haven’t had their bang bang shrimp. I always want to order it, but my husband always wants the crab cakes. I’m thinking I need to order that as my meal :D
Anyhow, these biscotti look amazing! I love anything lemon and you are right…these would go perfect with a hot cup of coffee :D
Cindy @ Pick Fresh Foods recently posted..Vegetable Niçoise SaladMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 10, 2014 at 8:28 am

Oh you MUST try the bang bang shrimp. WOrth it!!

Chloe @ foodlikecake May 9, 2014 at 6:34 am

That lemon biscotti looks so fancy!
Chloe @ foodlikecake recently posted..Chocolate Banana Cream Pecan CakeMy Profile

tahnycooks May 9, 2014 at 11:20 am

I love all things lemon! One of the best things about biscotti (i think) is that it packages up so nicely as gifts. This lemon biscotti is just lovely!
tahnycooks recently posted..Fruity-Tooty CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 10, 2014 at 8:27 am

I agree. It’s great for shipping!!

marcie May 9, 2014 at 12:33 pm

This biscotti sounds wonderful! I’ve never had a citrus flavored biscotti, and that definitely needs to change soon. Hope you have a great Mother’s Day weekend, Aimee!
marcie recently posted..Homemade NutellaMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets May 10, 2014 at 8:27 am

Thanks Marcie!!

Barbara @ Barbara Bakes May 12, 2014 at 11:04 pm

I’m not a huge fan of biscotti, but you may have won me over with this lemon version. My daughter is a huge mug lover too. So fun.
Barbara @ Barbara Bakes recently posted..Triple Berry Lemon Cheese BlintzesMy Profile