Carrot Cake Muffins
You’re going to love eating these Carrot Cake Muffins for breakfast. Especially since they are topped with a cream cheese frosting and walnuts!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
It’s that time of year when I want to make carrot cake EVERYTHING. My dad loves carrot cake, and since this is his birthday month, I tend to get nostalgic and want to make all the carrot cake recipes.
Today though, how about carrot cake for breakfast. I mean, after all, they are muffins. And muffins are breakfast food. Even when they are topped with a big dollop of cream cheese frosting. Oh wait, I should call it a glaze to make it more breakfast friendly.
Yes. Carrot Cake muffins with a cream cheese glaze. And walnuts. For protein of course!
Now that I have devoured this whole batch of muffins, I guess I’ll bake up some of these Carrot Cake Cupcakes next!
A few tips about making these Carrot Cake Muffins:
- Spray a muffin tin with baking spray. You don’t need to use liners for these muffins!
- If your batter is really thick, don’t worry, it should be! Don’t overbeat it.
- Use a large cookie scoop (I like this one) to portion out your muffin batter so they are even. This recipe makes 10-12 muffins!
- Let your muffins cool COMPLETELY before adding the glaze!
- Store muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for best results. You’ll want to keep that cream cheese frosting chilled. If you’re skipping the frosting (glaze, I’m sorry), you can store these at room temperature.
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Connect with Shugary Sweets! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Carrot Cake Muffins
Yield: 10-12 muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-24 minutes
For the muffins:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded carrots
For the topping:
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray muffin tin with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, oil and eggs together. Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix until fully combined. Fold in carrots.
- Using a large cookie scoop, fill muffin tin with batter about 2/3 full each. You should get 10-12 muffins.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat the butter, cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and heavy cream until smooth and fluffy. Drizzle over each muffin and add a sprinkle of the chopped walnuts. Serve and enjoy!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
If you’re on the hunt for other unique CARROT CAKE recipes, be sure to check out this Carrot Cake Roll from Dorothy. Her cake roll recipes are top notch! Or maybe you want to try these Carrot Cake Cookies from Maria. I love that she even added a Cream Cheese glaze to the top! Finally, think outside the box and make a batch of this Carrot Cake Fudge from Jocelyn. How adorable would this be on your Easter dessert table!?!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**