Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake
Rich, chocolate Cheesecakes topped with a milk chocolate ganache, caramel, and pecans! Next time you crave Cheesecake, try this Chocolate Turtle version!
I’m pretty much a sucker for all things caramel. Seriously. You can hand me an uncooked potato drizzled with caramel and I would eat it.
I love candy bars that have caramel, besides chewy fruity candy (like Skittles), anything with caramel would be my choice!
Last month I made these S’mores Cheesecakes and I knew I wanted to do a caramel topping on them.
You can totally make your own caramel sauce (this is an easy, no fail recipe) or use some jarred sauce (like ice cream topping caramel).
When making cheesecakes, I have to say, PHILADELPHIA is my number one ingredient. I don’t mind using store brands for some products, but not my cream cheese. (and no, this is NOT a sponsored post). I just Love My Philly!
Connect with Shugary Sweets! I know you want to see behind the scenes…check out my instagram!
Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake
Yield: 20-24 cheesecakes
Prep Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
For the Crust:
- 9 honey graham crackers (whole)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 2 pkg (8oz) PHILADELPHIA cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp dark chocolate unsweetened cocoa powder
For the ganache:
- 2 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 24 pecan halves
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers until fine crumbs. Pulse in sugar. Using a fork, mix in the melted butter. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of crust into the bottom of 20-24 paper lined muffin cups. Press into bottom of paper liner using a tart shaper or bottom of a cup. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on high for about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until fully incorporated. Beat in the cocoa powder. Spoon filling (about 2 Tbsp scoop) into muffin cups until 2/3 full. Bake cheesecakes in a 350 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- When cooled, begin ganache and frosting. In a glass bowl, add heavy cream and microwave one minute, until warmed. Add chocolate, heat an additional 60 seconds. Whisk smooth.
- Spoon about 1-2 Tbsp of ganach over each cooled cheesecake. Drizzle with caramel sauce and top with one pecan halve. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days. ENJOY.
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
Do you love Caramel too? Here are a few of my favorites:
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**