These Buckeye Brownies are amazing! Rich chocolate brownies topped with a homemade peanut butter filling and chocolate ganache.
If you LOVE Buckeyes you will also love these Buckeye Bars. Much like the original, except there is no dunking each individual piece in chocolate. SO easy and delicious. Or try our easy peanut butter cups next.
Why this Recipe is Best
Imagine making your own Reese’s peanut butter cup recipe. Smooth and creamy peanut butter dipped in rich chocolate. A buckeye brownie is that same flavor on top of a fudgy chocolate brownie. Perfection.
- Brownies. Because these brownies have so much going on I usually opt for a boxed mix. But of course you could make my homemade brownies instead!
- Peanut Butter Filling. This is the best layer. Soft peanut butter combined with butter, vanilla and powdered sugar to create the perfect texture!
- Ganache. The chocolate ganache is soft enough to sink your teeth into, but not runny that leaves your hands covered in chocolate. You decide if you want dark, milk, or semi-sweet chocolate!
How to make Buckeye Brownies
Start by making a batch of brownies in a 13×9 baking dish. You can use a boxed mix or try your hand at homemade. For today’s recipe, a quick batch of boxed brownies is the way I chose to go.
PRO TIP: Make sure you line your baking dish with parchment paper before baking. This will allow you to easily lift them out of the pan and slice for serving.
While your brownies are baking, make your peanut butter filling. In a mixing bowl, combine melted butter, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Beat until combined into a soft “dough.”
Remove brownies from oven and gently drop peanut butter mixture onto top of warm brownies. Use your finger tips to make sure the brownies are completely covered.
For the ganache, in a small microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream. Heat for one minute and stir until smooth. Pour over peanut butter layer and spread evenly.
Cool completely by refrigerating brownies for 2 hours (or more). Cut into bars while chilled and enjoy!
More Easy Desserts
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Grahams: these easy dipped grahams are a fun treat!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Biscotti: cookies for breakfast is always a win in my book!
- Peanut Butter Mousse Pie: one of my favorite peanut butter and chocolate desserts on the blog!
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Magic Bars Recipe
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- More Cookie Recipes